Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?

Go down 
+15
Cia Klivian
Starwarsartist
Kayla
Bluesaber3
Pinksaber13
shaak ti
Amaranthine
Arda_Ancalima
jedispork
geek4God
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Kellymarieskywalker
GeneralSnips
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
bbc_hates_me
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 am

I'm reading the 1st Republic Commando book, "Hard Contact". My guy friend from chemistry class recommended it to me and I really like it so far! Have any of you read the book or series? Smile
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 am

I read that book and I liked it, especially the clone characters(I don't like Etain). However, I didn't like the second one since it gets pretty Jedi-Hate filled. (I've only read the first two of the series and I need to finish it now that I'm older )
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:32 pm

I LOVE Republic Commando! I don't think I would call it Jedi-hate, I think it makes really valid points about the clones' situation. We have a republic commando topic. I LOVE Kal Skirata's ARC troopers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks Amar, I plan to check out the topic, (I looked over it slightly) but I don't wanna spoil the book so I will refer to it after I read more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 pm

I just finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.

It was...interesting. XD it was very well written and had some funny things. Be aware that it's chock full of all sorts of gratuitous problematic content. Did that make it more realistic? XD

Probably not going to be my favorite of his works. I have TFiOS on hold from my library(64th in line).
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:53 pm

I really want to read that book(Will Grayson, Will Grayson), it looks very good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:44 pm

I recently finished a really good book called "Drowning Instinct" by Ilsa J. Bick and it was very good! Very Happy
I would definitely recommend it to anyone over the age of 15 since it's a very good read and will make you think Very Happy. Just a word of warning, it does have some inappropriate content but it's glossed over and their is some cussing in it. 
Also
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I am currently reading "How to Read Literature like a Professor" for my summer reading. I'm only in the introduction though.
After that, I have to read "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" for summer reading.
I did just buy a "fun book" that I'm going to read after those two called "Zits: Chillax." It's a novel based on the newspaper comic "Zits" that's written and illustrated by the two guys who created the comic. Since I'm a fan of the comic strip, I can't wait to read the book. Plus, it looks really easy to read, so it'll be fun to not have to read literature or books about literature...
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:42 pm

How interesting Alli!!! The Zits book sounds good too!!! I love that comic strip, so I bet the book is good!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:45 pm

I feel tempted to read the Zits book before my SR books. I did look at the illustrations and they're really good. They have a "messier" style than the actual comic strip, but it's still looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm still reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and it's pretty good. It is really funny.

And I just learned the gretest thing ever! Martin Freeman is Arthur in the movie!!! He's perfect for the role! And just when I thought it couldn't get better, Alan Rickman voices Marvin!!! I laughed so hard when I learned that! Now I'm picturing Marvin with Snape's voice, which actually suits him perfectly. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm really excited for it!!! My question is, though, for anyone familiar with the books and or movie, should I read the whole series before I see the movie or is it ok if I've just read the first one? I actually haven't even finished the first one yet but our Netflix list is a mile long so I'm sure I'll have the book finished before the movie comes. Anyways, I know that the movie has jokes and things from all the books, but is the plot based mainly on the first one or pretty evenly based on all of them? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Last edited by DuchessSatineKenobi on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 pm

I am STILL reading Star By Star. Ugh.

But I'm also reading Legacy of The Jedi

and I might read Redeeming Love next. I forget who the author is though. I've heard so many mixed reviews about it so we'll see what I think of it.
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm

DSK, oh a friend told me about that book. She was trying to explain it to me and I got completely lost becaues I had no clue what she was talking about XD
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:09 pm

I've only read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so I don't know exactly what you should do, though, if there are references to the other books in the movie, I might wait to watch it until you've read them.

I'm currently reading The Force Unleashed and a non fiction book.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Cool G4G! I hope you enjoy your books!

LOL GS! Yep, it's kind of an interesting book XD It's so funny, though!

Ok, thanks Shena! Cool! I hope you enjoy those!
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:26 pm

I've read the trilogy. I was really young when I first read it so I barely understood it. XD I remember laughing until I choked though. I haven't seen any of the movie/TV show adaptions! Which would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:40 pm

I've had a few of those moments too Amar! Very Happy

I haven't seen any of the movie/tv adaptations either, but the 2005 one looks really good and is the one I plan on seeing (Of course I'm totally biased because Martin Freeman and Alan Rickman are in it XD).
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:15 am

They are? who do they play? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Martin Freeman is Arthur and Alan Rickman is Marvin Smile

I finished the book today! It was very enjoyable!

I disagree with a lot of the author's ideas, but I still enjoyed the book.

Last edited by DuchessSatineKenobi on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:17 am

I want to read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Staples was telling me all about it but our library doesn't have it. Grr. >:(

Okay so general disclaimer I do really like Literature. I have two courses on Literature for my school thins year; one World Literature the other English Literature and they're my favorite courses. ^.^ So several of the books I read I read for school so it may not be ya'll's thing, but recently I've read two plays: Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw and The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. They're both very very good, the former is more seriously thought-provoking and has less humour, while the latter is a humour-filled satire. I'd recommend both. Pygmalion gave me a great deal to think about...it has a heavy dose of realism I think some of you might like. And I was just laughing the whole way through The Importance of Being Earnest. So...yeah. Both are very good.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:04 pm

I hope you get to read it sometime Spork!

Those both sound really good!!! I think I may end up reading one or even both in English next year.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:37 pm

jedispork wrote:
I want to read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Staples was telling me all about it but our library doesn't have it.  Grr. >:(

Who is Staples?
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:43 pm

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala wrote:
I've only read  Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so I don't know exactly what you should do, though, if there are references to the other books in the movie, I might wait to watch it until you've read them.

I'm currently reading The Force Unleashed and a non fiction book.

The Force Unleashed is one of my favorite books of all time!!! I really hope you enjoy it because seriously its so good! cheerleader 
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Bluesaber3 wrote:
jedispork wrote:
I want to read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Staples was telling me all about it but our library doesn't have it.  Grr. >:(

Who is Staples?

Staples is my Liv. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm

oh cool! Very Happy

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_mikjotfxbm1qz4rgp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next