Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bible/Devotional Reading!

Go down 
+7
Kat Kiele
Aay'liah
jedigirl1990
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Kayla
Amaranthine
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

Bible/Devotional Reading! Empty
PostSubject: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:43 pm

This topic is to help keep us accountable for daily quiet times/Bible reading. What books of the Bible/devotionals are you reading right now? Smile

For the past two months or so, I've been making progress reading the Bible all the way through. There are a gazillion different ways to do it, but the way I do it is I read from three sections: The beginning of the Old Testament, the "middle" (Psalms through Malachi), and the New Testament. And I read two chapters from each section each day. Right now, I'm on Exodus, in the middle of Psalms, and Mark.

For my devotional, I am using Jesus Calling, which is a really really really really really really awesome amazing book that has helped me with so much! It's a very common/popular book, and I encourage you all to get it! It's by Sarah...sarah somebody..(gotta look it up).
I also encourage you to read The Purpose Driven Life by my pastor, Rick Warren.

Any recommendations? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:43 pm

This is a good topic!!! And that's awesome Amar, keep up the reading!! And thank's for the reccomendations! Very Happy

I am reading in 1 Timothy, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes. But sometimes I don't read in just one book for a while, I kinda jump around a lot though I do read my Bible everyday.

Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Ecclesiastes is really depressing...XD I love 1 Timothy though.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm

LOL! Not all of it is!

"I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor--it is the gift of God. " That's not depressing!! It's like, the Bible's actually saying, "HEY PEOPLES, DO GOOD AND PARTY!!! EAT FOOD AND DRINK STUFFS!!!" ROFL! XDDDD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

I read a book a while back called Live Like a Jesus Freak, I'd highly recommend it!!!

I haven't read the Bible in a while, I need to start again. I don't like feeling pressured, though. I was on this plan for a while to read the Bible in a year or something like that but I just felt like they were trying to cram it down my throat, so I just slowed down and read at my own pace. Even if it means only one verse a day, I'd rather read slowly and get to really pay attention to the Word instead of read fast and miss something important.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 am

Yes, I absolutely agree with you! That's how I feel about it too! Sometimes I read like a robot, JUST to read the word which isn't good and lately I've been applying my self to read it and then THINK about it.
Back to top Go down
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am

I'm reading through Acts right now! Smile I really enjoy using my Dad's study Bible, it really helps you understand so much more and you learn a lot of interesting facts too! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 pm

i must admit i haven't been the greatest at keeping up with reading the bible or devotional readings i do use two different books though one is a subscription that comes out every 3 months called Living Faith it has daily devotions and reflections in it (about 1 minute long) and then there are prayers in the back

the other one is At home with the word and it has all the sunday readings and Gosples as well as a place where it describles the scripture a bit better

I really need to start making it a daily routine and i am definitly working on it i love this topic it got me thinking about it again and everytime i see it it gives me a little reminder so yay i love it
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm reading Proverbs. I just started, and I love my study Bible!
Back to top Go down
Kat Kiele

Kat Kiele

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 pm

I LOVE reading proverbs! Its an AMAZING book! full of wisdom!! <3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Jeditography
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 pm

My favorite book of the Bible is 1st or 2nd Corinthians..or Romans or Proverbs or James. How about you? XD
Back to top Go down
Endless-Skyway

Endless-Skyway

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 am

I used to really not care about my Christianity much, but joining The Lakehouse has started to open my eyes as to how much of a great religion it is. I'm determined now to start reading Proverbs each day and am also thinking of posting my Christian thoughts on my blog.

Today in my school assembly while our Chaplain was praying, I took the time to pray for all of you out there, and to thank the Lord for everything He has given us. Thank you all for your friendship and support, and I look forward to my continued participation in this forums.

Back to top Go down
http://www.starwarsjaina.blogspot.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:03 am

I'm really glad we've been helping you! We'll all pray for you too, and if there's anything we can help you with or any doubts/questions you have that we could answer, just ask!

Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:06 am

Yay Skyway!!!! Very Happy So glad we can inspire you in that way!!!! Very Happy God bless!! Smile I second what Amaranthine said, if you ever need anything, just let us know. You're already in my prayers!! <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:18 am

*hugs Skyway* I'm so happy!!!!! Very Happy I third what Amaranathine said and I'm glad you're here!!!!
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 am

That is great skyway glad that the lakehouse was able to inspire you that way. You are definitly in my prayers God bless I am soo glad your here
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:56 am

That's great, Skyway!

A great devotional book I recommend is "Wisdom of the Jedi". I can't remember who it's by, but it goes through Christian parallels in SW, and then gives verses and teaching on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Endor the Hopeful

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 pm

Thought I would chime in on this thread...late.

I'm not really reading the Bible with a reading plan but based upon what my devotions say to read. I need to find myself a Bible reading plan, though.
What I am using currently though:
•Josh McDowell's Youth Devotions 2
•Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore (I am dreadfully behind in this one)
•A Young Woman after God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
•Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

ADD, much?
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 6:41 pm

Endor! I haven't talked to you in forever! We've missed you. Smile

I have Jesus Calling. And I read it every day along with my. I absolutely love it. If you don't have it, I beg you to go get copies of it liek now. It's the best devotional ever and gives me a lot of inspiration and strength.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bible/Devotional Reading!   Bible/Devotional Reading! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bible/Devotional Reading!
Page 1 of 1