Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Bible Verses

Go down 
+5
Duchess Satine Kenobi
jedigirl1990
Aay'liah
Amaranthine
Kayla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Favorite Bible Verses Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 pm

We can all put our favorite Bible verses here! I'd love to hear what ya'll's are!!!! Very Happy And, I suppose you can never have too many. Wink I have 2 absolute favorites!

I absolutely LOVE 1 Tim 4:12 in every way! I think it's my favorite verse ever!
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

And my other fave is Gal 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

I just love those. Very Happy And I've always liked Psalm 23 too.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:39 pm

I've been memorizing Bible verses recently...I really like Psalm 46:2 "We will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall." and Psalm 37:23 "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the right hand."

That first verse does make me think of you, Kayla! Very Happy Also, you inspired me to start a Bible reading topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Oh cool! I like the verses you picked, Amar! Very Happy

And thank you very much! That's encouraging. Very Happy And new topics ftw! Wink
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:44 pm

I have so many to choose from... I really like Romans 8:37-39.
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:44 pm

wow love this topic kayla Very Happy i have so many to choose from here are some i really like

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
-proverbs 3:5-6

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
John 8:7

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you
John 15:12-15

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away
-1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 pm

I love all of those!!! Very Happy

My favorite is the one in my signature but I also love Joshua 1:9

"Be strong and courageous, do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
ArtooDeeto

ArtooDeeto

Location : In my rightful place, aboard the Jade Shadow during Fate of the Jedi!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:18 pm

One verse I like is Hebrews 4:16
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Philippians 4:13
For I can do all thinks through Christ who strengthens me.
Back to top Go down
Endless-Skyway

Endless-Skyway

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:30 am

John 11:25-26:

"Jesus said to her 'I am the resurrection and the life, and he who believes in me shall live even though he dies.'"

I have this as my signature - it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.starwarsjaina.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 am

I love all of those sokafan you beat me i was just about to post that verse here that is definitly one of my favorite verses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:16 am

"But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." Romans 14:10

Smile
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:02 am

I have a few, and here is my favorite (which is my Confirmation verse); I think it really fit me and I'm very glad to have found it Smile

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

A verse I feel is very important to remember

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

(my sister's Confirmation verse)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away
-1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:09 pm

I love all of those verses Shena! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks, glad you like them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bible Verses   Favorite Bible Verses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bible Verses
Page 1 of 1