Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?

Go down 
+15
Cia Klivian
Starwarsartist
Kayla
Bluesaber3
Pinksaber13
shaak ti
Amaranthine
Arda_Ancalima
jedispork
geek4God
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Kellymarieskywalker
GeneralSnips
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
bbc_hates_me
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:36 pm

I love The Hobbit! My mom read it to me when I was younger, but it's difficult for me to read... I'll try to find a larger print version Smile
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:23 pm

shaak ti wrote:
I love The Hobbit! My mom read it to me when I was younger, but it's difficult for me to read... I'll try to find a larger print version Smile
I would suggest getting a copy that looks more like a story book than a novel. That's what I got for Christmas two years ago (haven't finished it thought), and it has larger print and illustrations!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:24 pm

I finished the book called "Calling Me Home" a couple of days ago and it was awesome! Very Happy. Really enjoyed the story- definitely a good story on racism and sexism and people. I'm also working my way through the Fruits Basket mangas, and I'm on volume 14. I also started reading "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood- it's really eerie and haunting so far, and is one I'd recommend everyone read once they get old enough(I'd say around 16+).
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm glad you are enjoying what you are reading! Smile They all sound like great reads!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks! Smile

I finished "The Handmaid's Tale" which was a chilling, eerie read. Hopefully we never turn out like that. Definitely an important book and one I think needs to be read by everyone at 18.
I've also reached volume 20 of Fruits Basket. I'm also going to be starting "The Fault in Our Stars".
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:04 pm

I finished "The Fault in Our Stars" yesterday and I was sadly not that impressed by it. I do like John Green a lot(he seems like a great person) and his book(which he co-authored with David Levithan) "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" was a good read. However, this book just wasn't...that great. I didn't find it sad, the characters were unrealistic(a lot of people have called them pretentious and I agree with that). The writing was also fairly simple and the plot felt a bit disjointed and unconnected. Also, the romance was unrealistic and was too fast(insta-love, as a lot of readers, myself included, like to say). It wasn't terrible by any means, but it wasn't amazing like I'd heard.

I am now currently reading "Children of the Mind"(Ender's series).
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Ha. I read the prologue. lol. I would have felt like I was cheating if I didnt. And it was crazy boring but I finished the first book in 2 weeks. Now Im on the Two Towers:)
I'm not sure why people have a problem with Tolkiens writing style. i personally love it. I havent gotten bored yet. Which is odd. I'm also a boring person and enjoy reading about people's perspectives or thoughts; all those details. I'm very much loving the series! I can't believe it took me this long to pick it up! My insane love for LOTR has been restored!
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:02 am

I finished "Children of the Mind" Sunday evening and it was really good! Very Happy Of course, there were some things that I wanted explained, but overall it was a good piece of fiction and a nice continuation of the Enders saga Smile Now on to the Shadow series and Ender in Exile.

I am currently reading "A Monster Calls" and "Frankenstein"
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:19 am

"Frankenstein" is amazing! Tell me how you like it- it's one of my favorite books Smile
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:23 am

Awesome! Very Happy So far I'm really liking it- it's got a good writing style and I like how the story is unfolding Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 6:51 pm

For English class we have to read The Old Man and the Sea . . . oh gosh, it's painful. I appreciate that it's a classic and I appreciate some of the themes, but I really really really do not want to be reading this book. I think that's mostly because it is the end of the year and I don't want to do much of anything, but, well, the book is sort of boring and that doesn't make things any better.

Has anyone read Dune? I'd like to read it this summer. One of my friends told me it is very good, and it sounds good.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:40 am

I recently finished "A Monster Calls" and "Guardians of Time: The Dark", both which were quite good. I'm currently reading "Dragonriders of Pern: Dragonflight" and "Frankenstein".

I agree, DSK, the book is pretty boring(I did like the ending, though); I read it a year or so ago for school and it was hard to get through.

I read Dune several years ago and it was pretty good- I think you'd enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Cool!

Thanks. Yeah, I've heard it gets better at the end. I hope so.

I'm glad to hear that you liked it! I'm excited to check it out!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:37 am

I finished the Dragonriders of Pern: Dragonflight last night. It was a good read, but the sexism in the book was a bit off putting(I was glad that the girl was able to do something in the end).
I have recently started the Star Wars Old Republic novel "Red Harvest".
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 9:22 am

I'm sorry about the sexism! That is always very frustrating.
Cool!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks! And the sad thing is, it was apparently very feminist for it's time(the 60s-70s). Though, I do hear her books get better about that.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I finished the Star Wars novel "Red Harvest" earlier today. It was pretty good, though I don't think it was as good as the author's other SW novel(Death Troopers).

I am currently reading "The Lion and the Rose", which is the second(and last book) of the duo of books about Giulia Farnese(the first being The Serpent and the Pearl), which I've quite enjoyed so far Smile.
Back to top Go down
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:10 pm

I just read Raising Dragons, the first book in the Dragons in our Midst Series. Really exciting read, could barely put it down! I'm super excited for the next one to come in at the library.

My sister is reading the Ranger's apprentice series. I'm thinking about starting it too, has anyone here read them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:02 pm

I've been wanting to read the Dragons in our Midst series for a long time- glad you've been enjoying them! Very Happy

I finished "The Lion and the Rose" last night and it was SOOO good! Very Happy It was even better than the first book(which I also really enjoyed), and the characters were excellently written. I also loved learning about the history and how it ties into things that happened later(for example, Giulia Farnese's brother ends up becoming Pope later on and is the one who excommunicates King Henry VIII after he wanted to divorce his first wife).
I am now reading "Dark Forces: Rebel Agent".
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Cool! I'm glad it was good! I love books with historical stuff in them!

I started American Gods today, and even though I'm only a few pages in, I'm already really enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:20 am

Glad you are enjoying it! Smile I agree, I love a good historical fiction novel/series! Very Happy

I finished Dark Forces: Rebel Agent and I'm now reading Dark Forces: Jedi Knight. I was looking forward to reading about Kyle Katarn, but sadly, this trilogy isn't the best books the EU has to offer.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:23 pm

I have recently taken on the challenge of trying to read LOTR. It's been a few weeks and I've gotten... semi-into the first book (I did skip the prologue this time). They haven't met Aragorn yet, but Merry has joined the joined and they already had two encounters with the Black Riders. I'm sure that if I were a bit more deliberate about my reading, I'd be further into the book.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:50 am

Well, it's difficult to read large ammounts of LOTR at a time xD That's great that you're reading them, though!

I finished "Gilgamesh" last night. It's a Mesopotamian manuscript about the king of Uruk and his friend, Enkidu. It was very interesting, but hard to read. In the version that I read, the translation was almost direct, i believe, and it was written in couplets. It's a very cool story, though- and short!

Yesterday I went to the bookstore and got "The Joy Luck Club" and "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"!
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Hope you all enjoy the books you're reading! Smile

I recently read Pride and Prejudice and am now part way through Mansfield Park. And I never expected to be interested in Jane Austin.
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:06 am

Great choices everyone! I hope you enjoy them! Very Happy

I finished Dark Forces: Jedi Knight last now and it was definitely better than the first two- I was also glad to see the Jedi trapped by the though bomb(back in the Darth Bane trilogy) finally freed.
I am going to start "Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void" which I'm excited about! Can't wait to see the history of the early Jedi! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next