Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?

Go down 
+15
Cia Klivian
Starwarsartist
Kayla
Bluesaber3
Pinksaber13
shaak ti
Amaranthine
Arda_Ancalima
jedispork
geek4God
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Kellymarieskywalker
GeneralSnips
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
bbc_hates_me
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Thank you! Smile Oh cool!!! I'll defnitely have to read it!

Awesome! I'm glad you liked The House of Hades and I hope you enjoy your other books too! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:31 pm

I read "Ender's Game." My dad had it in his bookcase, and so (he's so excited about the movie) with all the talk, my curiosity was piqued and I went ahead and read it.

Wow. That book is...INTENSE. I feel, like Spock, emotionally compromised. I feel like I never want to read it again and also read it over and over. I want to hide it in the deepest recesses of the bookcase and forget it ever existed and I also want to watch the movie and read the series (there's a series, right Shena?) and throw myself into that world.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 pm

I totally know what you mean!!! I felt that way too about it!!!

I can really relate to Ender, though, because school has been really stressful for me lately and I feel like the adults are just pushing and pushing hard on kids my age and giving us so much stuff to do it's insane. Of course, Ender has it a million times worse than I do.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:34 am

Glad you enjoyed it, jedispork! Very Happy Yes, it's a series Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:44 pm

read ALLLLLLLLLLL the Ender's Saga! I recommend reading Ender's Shadow next instead of Speaker for the Dead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 4:47 pm

We just finished The Crucible in English class, and it was amazing!!! I really enjoyed it, and it made lots of great points about society! I also found the whole McCarthyism thing very interesting. It's scary how one selfish person was able to get so much control and ruin so many people's lives.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:38 pm

OH MY GOSH, I LOVE THE CRUCIBLE!!! Very Happy I read it a few years ago for school and it was amazing!! Very Happy I really, really want to play Abigail Williams in a theater production of it someday, since I feel I could pull it off well! It's such a good play and Arthur Miller has such a way with dialogue(I watched a performance of one of his other plays, called "All My Sons", which is also phenomenal).
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:59 pm

YES! Very Happy It's so wonderful! I hope you get to play her someday! I bet that would be a fun role! Yes, I love Miller's dialogue!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:11 am

Thank you!! Very Happy I agree, it definitely would be! Smile Yes! He's one of my favorite dialogue writers! Very Happy

I finished "Wuthering Heights" last night and it was a interesting and good read- though I don't understand why it's considered a romance novel, because it really wasn't one(to me); plus, Heathcliff was a horrid person.
I'm going to be starting Xenocide, the third book published in the Ender's series today.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm glad it was an interesting book! I hope you enjoy Xenocide!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:09 pm

I finished Xenocide a few days ago and I really enjoyed it! Very Happy It wasn't as good as the first two(Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead), but I still enjoyed it and I plan on getting the next books in the series soon Smile. I started Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm glad you liked it! Smile I hope the next books are good!

Oh I love Great Expectations!!! It's a wonderful book!

For school I'm reading Into the Wild, which is really interesting.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks! :DI've heard it was good and so far I like it! Smile
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Its about a girl who has cancer and then she falls for this boy and yeah. lol. its adorable.

So....I finished 3 books this week. lol. I've been reading like crazy. I love books!

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Perfect! I adored it! It was so deep and insightful and genius!

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I cried reading most of it. As soon as I finished it I was so inspired. And thankful. I dropped the book and prayed and thanked God for all the incredible people in my life. It was truly an inspirational book. A must read for everyone.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Yes! Amazing! Long, but amazing.

And now I'm reading Speak by....someone I forgot the name of. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:37 pm

I've heard Thirteen Reasons Why is really good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm reading too many books then one person should. XD
I'm listing to a book on my iPod, and in proses of reading five books:
Gallagher Girls 6
Kingdom Keepers 6
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (again)
Ender's Game
Court Crown
The worst part is I'm never have the time to read. Really a pain -.-
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:56 pm

@G4G- I really love Patrick Ness and I really need to read "A Monster Calls"; his "Chaos Walking Trilogy" is a definite favorite of mine. Smile
I read Thirteen Reasons Why when I was younger and it freaked me out a bit, but now that I'm older, I can definitely appreciate it Smile. And I LOVE Speak(it's my Laurie Halse Anderson); very, very good book. I hope you enjoy it Smile.

Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm

I finished "The Culling" the other night and I quite enjoyed it. It was different than most dystopias(which are appearing like crazy nowadays), well written, had good characters, and the world building was good as well.
I also started "Death Troopers"(Star Wars book)
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Death Troopers is really good! I read it two years ago or so. I liked it.

I'm reading two books right now.

Go Ask Alice-Anonymous. (its interesting so far.)

and

The Screwtape Letters-CS Lewis (great! except confusing because its written from the demons perspective so everything he says needs to be flipped....)
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:11 am

I'm still reading the books I have been, just haven't gotten the time to finish them, but I have been listening to A Fualt in Out Stars. I've read it before and really liked it, I know I'm putting myself in a bad spot by listening to it but I couldn't help it and I heard the movie is coming out this year.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Ooh, I just read TFIOS last week. I really liked it, but it's so sad  Crying or Very sad 

I'm trying to read 52 books this year, and so the second book I'm on is "The Lost World" by Arthur Conan Doyle. It's pretty good so far!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:40 pm

I've started reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I'm about halfway through the Lightning Thief and it's pretty good so far!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Glad you're enjoying Percy Jackson so far, Starwarsartist!! Very Happy It's one of my favorite series! Very Happy(And be sure to read the Heroes of Olympus series after your done, since it's a continuation of the PJ books) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm glad you like it, those are my favorite books! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm glad you like the Percy Jackson books SWA! They're very good! Smile

I'm still reading The Mark of Athena, Into the Wild, Les Miserables, and several comic books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   What book are you are you currently reading/just finished? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next