Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?

Go down 
+37
May Kenobi66
jedigirl1990
SolaceUtara
Kayla
ArtooDeeto
SnipsSkywalker
Aay'liah
ahsokaandtabby
Asala Teron
Ashley Amidala
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Bluesaber3
Pinksaber13
MusicManiac22
AlynaJoe13
Team Obi-Wan
Wolffe's Chick
futurejedigirl0202
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
shaak ti
allishmalli
sarahthegeek
maryanna
Obi-Wan's Padawan
i heart chewie
JediKnightGirl
jedidreamer
Kat Kiele
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Dancing with Anakin
Qui-Gon Lives
Arda_Ancalima
Amaranthine
Leia Organa
QueenKarina
Rex'sgirl
Jedi~Chick
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:02 pm

I haven't read that Rachel, but it sounds really interesting!!!

I'm ashamed to admit I actually am not really reading anything at the moment. I've just been too busy. I'm halfway through Crossed, and I'm also reading "The Colour Out of Space" (part of the Cthullhu Mythos) and I'm on like chapter two or three of Maximum Ride. I'm enjoying them all, I just haven't had the time to read lately. :(
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Same here, DSK :( I'm reading Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka(I finished one of the other books in the trilogy the other day) but its been taking me longer to read then it should since I've been doing other things.
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey! I recently read a great chicklit book called It's Complicated! I wrote a review in my blog link in my signature. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 pm

I read Faust and Fahrenheit 451 for fun! They were pretty good. I also have Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Pretties by Scott Westerfield! Has anybody read them ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm

I've read Pretties(as well as the whole Uglies series) and I love them!! Very Happy I haven't read "Before I Fall" yet(I really want to), but I am currently reading her book "Delirium" and it's really beautifully written Smile

I read Fahrenheit 451 a while back and I agree, it's really good.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Our english class is studying Sherlock Holmes now, and I can say I've been converted Razz I'll admit it, for the longest time I despised Sherlock Holmes Razz Lol I gave up and was converted during the first chapter of "The Hound of the Baskervilles" XD I'm going to have to watch the show and movies now Razz
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 8:53 am

Awesome! Very Happy I loved The Hound of the Baskersvilles when I read it for school several years ago! Very Happy Glad you enjoyed it Very Happy I hope you enjoy the show! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 am

Love Hound of the Baskervilles!

I read Divergent almost in one sitting. I started it last night, almost finished, went to sleep and finished it this morning. It was pretty good, did you know it was Veronica Roth's first book? Pretty solid for a debut novel, the pacing was really good! A lot of dark things happen in the book, but they weren't as impacting as they could have been because the writing just got in the way... This story could have been pretty terrifying if written by somebody else but I was just like :/ all the way through it. And the characterization....I kept mixing up all the characters even at the very end. XD

I also am almost done with Before I Fall. THAT right there is a spectacular book. I find the all the repeating rather frustrating(I think that's intended), but the writing itself is really good.

Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 am

Amaranthine wrote:
Love Hound of the Baskervilles!

I read Divergent almost in one sitting. I started it last night, almost finished, went to sleep and finished it this morning. It was pretty good, did you know it was Veronica Roth's first book? Pretty solid for a debut novel, the pacing was really good! A lot of dark things happen in the book, but they weren't as impacting as they could have been because the writing just got in the way... This story could have been pretty terrifying if written by somebody else but I was just like :/ all the way through it. And the characterization....I kept mixing up all the characters even at the very end. XD

I also am almost done with Before I Fall. THAT right there is a spectacular book. I find the all the repeating rather frustrating(I think that's intended), but the writing itself is really good.

Before I Fall is one of my all time favorite books! I didn't find the repeating annoying--it was obviously intended and Oliver didn't just copy and paste whatever scene it was in again and again with the exact same wording. It was amazing, and I definitely wish I could write more like that. XD
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am

I agree, Amar, Divergent could have been good if not for the way it was written.

And yes, I agree, I love Lauren Oliver's style! Very Happy It's the kind I love to read and it reminds me of the way I write, which I thought was really cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:20 pm

how about The Mortal Instruments? I got the first one the other day and read the first couple chapters. I like the writing, but waiting for the plot/premise to diversify, not really reading about anything spectacular(killing demons, secret world, stuff no one else can see etc. etc.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?   What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books? - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite Non-Star Wars books?
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13