Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.

Go down 
+10
Pinksaber13
GenawullGweevus
jedigirl1990
jedispork
Starwarsartist
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Kayla
allishmalli
geek4God
Amaranthine
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 9:35 pm

The animation is definitely of a lower quality than the Clone Wars animation, but it still serves its purpose.

I just saw the strangest commercial for Rebels. It was like a spelling bee and this kid had to spell something to do with fungus, and then they said something about Star Wars Rebels???  Neutral Yeah, I don't know. It was weird.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:52 am

You mean like these commercials???

These are WAY too gimmicky... can't they get people excited with resorting to these childish ads? Why don't keep showing cool stuff from the show instead of making kids spell words from the series?
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah. I agree! I think these ads are just weird and they sure don't get me hyped up about the show. I doubt they would get kids hyped up about it either. I agree that they need to actually show things from the show. The action/Star Wars stuff speaks for itself and is plenty to get people hyped up. They don't need to use weird ads like these.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm just guessing that they probably don't have enough awesome, cool-looking things to keep people hyped up outside of what they've already given us. Either that or Disney XD is just so used to showing gimmicky ads that they don't know what else to put in their ad slot. Either way, these ads do a terrible job getting me hyped up for this show. Actually, it makes me want to avoid it because it makes me think that they've totally kiddied the show up and made it not worth watching. Disney has terrible marketing skills as of late...
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 6:08 pm

I think it's just that Disney XD has bad ads. I watch that channel fairly often and none of the shows they advertise look any good because they advertise them so poorly. They either advertise shows to look extremely silly/stupid or extremely generic/boring. Even shows that I love, like Wander Over Yonder and Gravity Falls, are fantastic shows but are not advertised well. Not to mention those shows are on hiatus ALL THE TIME. I'm worried the same thing will happen with Rebels with the hiatus stuff.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:12 pm

So, when this show starts, will it get its own area of the forum, like the Clone Wars has? I think that would be nice, so we can have plenty of space to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:30 am

Even though I miss TCW a lot and it will always be my favorite I can't wait for Rebels. It looks like a lot of fun and the two main female leads look so awesome (but not as cool as Ahsoka Wink). I can't wait for fall!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Admins, is Rebels going to get its own topic like Clone Wars has?

I was looking up the voice actors on imdb, and the lady who voices Hera also voices Black Widow on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I thought that was pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Guuuys, Obi-Wan is officially in Rebels!!!

There was a French trailer for the show, and in that trailer, there was a hologram of Obi-Wan saying "May the Force be with you." He looks pretty young, and there's speculation that the hologram is the recording Obi-Wan made in ROTS to warn all the Jedi to stay away from Coruscant. IDK. All I know is that I'm excited.

This is the trailer:
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:09 am

Yay!!!!! Very Happy I'm so excited to hear that!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:24 pm

They officially cast the bad guy: Jason Isaacs is The Inquisitor

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-rebels-inquisitor-jason-isaacs-voice/
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Cool!!! Is there a premiere date for Rebels yet?
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 am

We have an official full trailer for SWR:

Thoughts, anyone? I'm glad to see Obi-Wan in this (even though he's a hologram), but I'm not quite sure what to think of everything else... besides, even if I said "this is awesome, I can't wait to see it", trailers can be deceiving...
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm not quite sure what to think either. I'm curious enough to watch a few episodes, and I am glad that Obi-Wan is in it too. The characters (particularly Sabine) look interesting. The animation isn't near as good as Clone Wars.

I'm worried that this is going to turn out to be just another generic Disney channel action show marketed to boys (that's how all of their Marvel shows have been ever since EMH was cancelled), but I need to see a few episodes first before deciding anything.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is only the first season. Often shows get better as they go along. I feel like Clone Wars improved tremendously with each season, and honestly, when I go back and watch the first few episodes, they don't hold up as well as the later episodes do (especially the animation). I feel like with the first season of Clone Wars they were still trying to figure a few things out, but after trial and error they learned a lot and improved. So maybe that's how it will be with Rebels.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:46 pm

More stuff for this show has arisen from SDCC

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 pm

They posted a preview today.

I'll give my thoughts on it soon, but not right now (it's past midnight and I'm tired).
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:22 pm

This show is looking a lot better than I thought it was going to be at the beginning. Just from those seven minutes, I'm interested to see more, plus the characters all seem very likeable and neat. I think the animation is going to take some getting used to (it still doesn't seem terrible to me), but overall, from everything we've seen so far, this looks like a very decent show.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:13 pm

The thing about TCW animation was that in the beginning, the animation was very "wooden" and stiff, but it also had a lot of detail with the character design and background. Plus, as time went on, the animation became more fluid and realistic while also mastering some of the harder things to animate (e.g. water).

This seems a lot more fluid in motion than in early-TCW (minus Aladdin-wannabe's hair), but the design (more specifically character design) seems almost too simplistic to the point where it almost seems unfinished. The backgrounds look good and pretty detailed, but that's it. The Imperial officer in the beginning reporting the fruit-stand guy looks odd when he talks. And maybe, in the end, I'm just too used to TCW animation style and quality to ever like what they've done here.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:05 pm

I agree with Allishmalli. The characters move very nicely, but the designs look a bit unfinished. Personally, I think that the backgrounds look a bit unfinished/empty as well, but that may change if they go to another planet.

I think I will like the characters. I'm still very interested to see this show.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:11 pm

I want to keep an open mind (it still looks interesting to me), but my pain about Disney canceling TCW just to make this show (which has now magnified since I just finished "The Lost Missions" on Netflix last night) just closes my mind again and is making me a lot more critical of this show than I would be if they didn't cancel TCW. At this point, I think I'll only watch this show to review/critique/criticize it. If I end up liking it in the end, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 pm

I think this show is either going to start ok and then get better with time, or just be completely mediocre like Disney's current Marvel shows are. At this point I'm not expecting anything as good as Clone Wars, but who knows. Honestly, to me it probably never will compare to Clone Wars, because I grew up with Clone Wars and have nostalgic feelings about it, but I am hoping there is still something I can enjoy from watching Rebels.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:41 pm

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
I think this show is either going to start ok and then get better with time, or just be completely mediocre like Disney's current Marvel shows are. At this point I'm not expecting anything as good as Clone Wars, but who knows. Honestly, to me it probably never will compare to Clone Wars, because I grew up with Clone Wars and have nostalgic feelings about it, but I am hoping there is still something I can enjoy from watching Rebels.

I guess you could say that I "grew up with this show" (referring to TCW) too since it went on for 5 years, but I'm not sure whether I actually feel nostalgic for TCW, especially since it just ended a year ago and it started when I was 13, not when I was 8 (which is when I started watching Disney shows that I know feel nostalgic for).

It's not like I want it to be terrible, worthy of the great internet critics (e.g. Nostalgia Critic, Nostalgia Chick, Linkara, Grace Randolph, Jeremy Jahns, etc.) to rip it to shreds. I want a good SW cartoon animated series as the next SW fan, but... I feel like if I don't watch and critique this show, this and whatever shows follow it will never improve and be worthy of anything. It's not like I'll make a review show and become insanely popular to the point where the people at Disney will actually listen to me, but I feel that no matter what I say about this upcoming show, I need to say something, even if it is just to express my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:38 pm

I know what you mean. I'd like to keep up with it as well, even if it isn't good, and I look forward to discussing it and sharing opinions with all of you. Even if the show is not great, the fun/frustrating thing about critiquing things is realizing what they could have been and imagining the possibilities and cool different directions the show could have gone.

Also, admins (if you ever even see this post), can we please get a topic for Rebels, like Clone Wars has? That way it might be easier to discuss it when the show comes on.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 pm

We have a release date (not like I'm looking forward to it or anything). According to StarWars.com, "...[A]n exciting animated one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion is set to premiere Friday, October 3 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT in the US) on Disney Channels around the world, ushering in the highly anticipated series Star Wars Rebels on Disney XD. In the US, Star Wars Rebels episodes will debut Monday nights beginning Monday, October 13 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney XD."

Again, I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but it's nice to share new info with y'all when it comes out.

Plus, now I can count down to *pauses for dramatic effect* SWR Judgement Day *lightning cracks in the background*... *in deep, dramatic voice* may die-hard TCW fans have mercy on your soul...
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:15 pm

I am a little excited for Friday, but the animation they are using doesn't even come close to that of TCW. So that is one of the cons to the show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next