Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.

Go down 
+10
Pinksaber13
GenawullGweevus
jedigirl1990
jedispork
Starwarsartist
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Kayla
allishmalli
geek4God
Amaranthine
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Empty
PostSubject: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm

The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV — an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.

Fall 2014
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

I am SOOOO excited for this!!! The time is perfect! I love it! I am so excited! Is it going to be about the Rebellion becoming a thing? Like in The Force Unleashed? Because the Force Unleashed is my favorite......<3
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:30 am

If TCW hadn't been canceled, but they were still going to make this show, then I'd be a lot more excited than I am now. This is all interesting to me (especially the artwork), but it's hard for me to get excited about this show since it's pretty much the reason why TCW was canceled.

I'm sure that they're going to try to explain what happened to certain characters between TCW and this era (e.g. Ahsoka, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Cad Bane, etc.), but somehow, it's still not enough for me.

As I have said before, bringing Ahsoka back is such an obvious thing, I can sense it coming, along with the business profits Disney will get in bringing her back.

Speaking of Ahsoka, did anyone else see the kinda concept-art type drawings of her on Dave's door? I'm not sure if that's for TCW or this show, but I won't be surprised if it's for this new show.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:48 pm

I just really hope this doesn't end up getting cancelled too Razz But anything Rebels is awesome Smile I'm really optimistic about it!! Very Happy The gap between the trilogies has always been important to me, so I'm eager to see how they tie the two era's together. Smile

They have to end Ahsoka's story at some point, at least I think they should, because if they don't give her a good ending, it will be weird how she's not in the OT, like not even mentioned Razz I kind of don't like how they're filling things in before stuff they've already made happen, because it can feel inconsistent. Nothing against more Star Wars of course, it just feels like they're kind of doing the story out of order. XD I mean, who starts with the end? George Lucas, apparently Razz
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Well, it's kind of Star Wars tradition to go out of order Smile Just look at the movies! First the OT, then the prequels, and now they're going forward again XD

I am very excited for this show! Of course TCW will probably always be my favorite and I'm still mad about it being cancelled, but I'm optimistic about this show and looking forward to seeing more Ahsoka (Her fate bbelongs to Dave and Ashley! Ha! Take THAT EU! Razz )
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Honestly, if they bring back Ahsoka and resolve the fates of the other characters, I will be very happy. This could be a very cool show, if done right. I think I'm actually more excited for this than the movies!
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Whoa! I'm really excited for this! I've kinda come to terms with TCW being canceled, although I really hope all the episodes that were completed get out somehow.

But this looks way really super cool! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:12 pm

[quote="DuchessSatineKenobi"]Well, it's kind of Star Wars tradition to go out of order Smile Just look at the movies! First the OT, then the prequels, and now they're going forward again XD quote]

That's what I meant. Razz
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 pm

okay when I heard that they were doing a new animated show and canceling TCW I was so determined to hate the new show just because it was going to replace TCW and I am still really ticked about that but I have to admit with Dave Filoni working on it it does sound really promising so I guess we shall wait and see and I am pretty excited about it
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 pm

I'm still conflicted. Let me try to explain my feelings as basic as I can. Let's see... How about a metaphor?

Metaphorically speaking, let's say that you are a young child. You are given a lollipop/sucker that tastes okay in the beginning, but tastes better and better the longer you lick/suck on it. After a while, you get close to being finished with it, but you still have much to go through and the taste is still getting better and better. Then out of nowhere, a guy comes to you and yanks the lollipop/sucker away from you. At first you're in shock and in disbelief, then you cry and scream and fuss and whine and throw a giant fit, wanting your lollipop/sucker back because you weren't done with it yet. Then, the guy (who in this case works for a different lollipop company) comes back and offers you a new lollipop/sucker. This new lollipop is the same flavor as the original, but it's made by a different company so there are going to be some differences. 
The lollipop looks enticing, but you (being a more developed and smarter child than most) are still hurt by the fact that the guy took your lollipop just to give you another one made by his company. Also, being a more developed and smarter child, you realize that the guy was actually smart in taking away your lollipop because if he had offered you the lollipop after you were done with the first, then you wouldn't want another one because you were either too full or tired of sucking on a lollipop of that particular flavor (even if it's made by a different company and will taste a bit different). Taking the lollipop would leave you wanting more and then taking whatever you could get your hands on, even if it's from a different company. This makes you (or at least it makes me) mad. On the other hand, the lollipop does look really good (possibly better than the first lollipop), it's the same flavor, the guy actually offered you another lollipop (unlike most candy-stealers), and you have to admit it was a smart business move on the guy's part, so you don't have much room to complain anymore.

I hope you understood that. Back to the real world, I'm still mad and I'm not totally sure why. For the reasons above, I probably shouldn't be mad anymore and I don't have much ground to complain. But I feel like I should still be mad and I am mad! I guess one reason that I am mad is the fact that business-wise, it was a good plan, unlike what we thought in the beginning when they first cancelled TCW. Maybe, that's more embarrassment than anger, but I'm still mad about it. Also, since Disney has left very little grounds for me to complain, I guess I'm mad that I can't really complain anymore.
Also, even though this has nothing to do with the metaphor and why I have conflicted feelings about this new show, I am ticked off that the new show will be on Disney XD. I honestly think that it's more appropriate to show it on ABC, ABC Family, or just Disney Channel. Since Disney XD is more directed at guys, this isn't good for Disney if they're trying to expand their audience to girls and/or families. It might do well at getting more people to watch Disney XD (which might be their point in putting this new show on Disney XD), but I think it'll just push people away and alienate the girls who watch Disney and/or Star Wars. Also, it seems a bit hypocritical of them to have this show on a channel directed at guys (indadvertedly alienating girls), yet they support Her Universe in a way (especially if they bring back Ahsoka and expect to get money off of Ahsoka HU merchandise).
Anyway, back to the real reasons why I'm conflicted, I think that I'm mad because I'm partially still hurt by the fact that TCW was cancelled. I've never experienced a cancellation of a TV show before. There've been shows that ran their course and ended properly, but never an abrupt cancellation. So, I guess even though it's just TV, I feel a bit hurt since I've never experienced a cancellation before and the sole reason for the cancellation was to create a new show that Disney would be in charge of.

Anyway, this is why I'm conflicted. I'm still mad, but I know I shouldn't be. The new show may turn out better than TCW and we'll most likely have our questions from the end of TCW answered. But I am still mad.

Sorry that I took so long to explain. I hope that I explained myself well and the metaphor wasn't confusing.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 pm

allishmalli I completly understand ( and I completly got your metaphor) I feel pretty much the same way I am still very upset about the cancellation of TCW. I think part of the reason I am so upset about it is It was so obvious they had tons more stories they could have covered I don't think they got their full run (if that makes sense) and especially since it seems like you said one of the only reasons it was cancelled was to make way for this new show and having Dave Filoni work on it was really a smart move because after ticking off a good majority of TCW fans many would probably be skeptical of watching the new show however knowing Dave Filoni and what he is capable of its more likely some of the fans will watch (including me) however TCW will always be my number one I love that time era of when anakin and obiwan worked side by side and were not enemies so the new show while I admit looks great its not the same I am still hurt but I guess I will give this show a chance but I defintily feel your pain allishmalli I am still very angry about the cancellation too
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Actually that metaphor was amazing.  I totally get that.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks! It took weeks for me to come up with that metaphor since I wasn't quite sure of my feelings in the first place. I actually came up with another metaphor before this one, but this was the easiest to understand and the easiest to explain.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:12 pm

I completely understand how you feel Allishmalli!!! The metaphor was perfect! I think everyone's been feeling the same way. I'm still upset and I feel just the way you explained, but at the same time I know that no matter what fans do, The Clone Wars isn't coming back right now, so I'm trying to focus on the good and be happy about the new show (even though I am kind of nervous about it too).

I also feel better knowing that The Clone Wars will leave a lasting legacy. Characters like Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Hondo, Satine, Savage Oppress, Rex, and many others have become iconic, and many Clone Wars episodes have become iconic parts of the Star Wars story. No matter what Disney does, The Clone Wars will never be forgotten. Parts of it will be back in the new show, like Ahsoka, and I believe that some of the other unanswered questions that Clone Wars fans still have will be answered eventually, because it is a show that people will remember.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:25 pm

We will always remember the first lollipop!!!

Maybe that should be a quote or something...
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:26 pm

I love that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GenawullGweevus

GenawullGweevus

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:56 pm

omg okay that would be awesome
i really hope they don't blow it u know, if they cancel TCW for a stupid show i would be so MAD!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 am

So... SWR gets a new villain... I guess this is really happening...

http://starwars.com/news/nycc-2013-meet-the-inquisitor-the-new-face-of-evil-in-star-wars-rebels.html

I don't know how I feel about a new villain...
On one hand, I like the idea of a new villain since villains can be interesting, complex, and hard-core characters. Besides, it gives the rebels a villain that they can actually defeat without messing up canon and it gives us someone else to root against.
On the other hand, I kind of want Darth Vader to be the main villain. I want to see how hard-core he still is even after his transformation in ROTS, I want to see how much a monster he has become, and I want to see his emotional state (even though it's been 14 years after ROTS). I would love to see Vader/Anakin having flashbacks of his younger self as well as Padmé, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan (maybe they could hire Matt Lanter, Catherine Taber, Ashley Eckstein, and JAT to reprise their roles). Maybe they could do all that, but it seems that a new villain would get in the way of all that. Besides, TCW fans have already gone through so much... it just seems that adding a new villain just puts another knife (or lightsaber) in our backs. Also, I thought that Mara Jade was supposed to be the Jedi-killer... I could be wrong since I don't read the EU. And what about that dude from The Force Unleashed? Is he canon?

I do like the fact that some of TCW crew is working on this. It restore my faith that this show will be at the least a decent show and at the most a great show that could possibly be better than TCW. Let me go on record that even if this show turns out to be better than TCW (which is a big "if"), it will NEVER be worth canceling TCW. NEVER.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm not really sure how I feel about a new villain. Like you, I really wanted to see Vader. But I'm willing to give it a chance.

And I think it's pretty clear now that regardless weather the fans consider the EU canon (which I don't) that George Lucas and the people at Lucasfilm aren't going to be sticking with it very strictly, so I doubt that Starkiller will be in it and I doubt even more that Mara Jade will be.

I'm also really anxious to know what happened to Darth Maul. And we would have found out, if stupid Disney hadn't cancelled TCW Razz But maybe this new guy has something to do with Maul. Probably not, though. But I still hope that Maul will be in this show.

On the plus side, the animation looks incredible and I have faith in Dave Filoni and the other members from the Clone Wars crew that are working on this. I'm pretty confident that this will not be a repeat of the horrible thing that happened with Marvel's shows on Disney (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes being cancelled and replaced with the awful Avengers Assemble).
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:30 am

I have no doubt that they'll find some way to incorporate Maul into some future project, whether it be this show or a spin-off movie (which I am still dreading). I also have no doubt that they'll incorporate Ahoska (most likely in SWR).
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Just gonna throw out there that the Inquisitor looks extremely similar to the Mortis Son.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:20 pm

I think so too.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Ya, he does, but I don't think it's him (if that's what you're insinuating). If you look at the pictures side-by-side, it is close, but it's not him. Story-wise, well... The Son died in the end... or did he? Anyway, even if didn't die, then I guess my question would be why did they bring him back? For one thing, he is supposed to be, for a lack of a better term, an allegory, or at least part of an allegory, so he really isn't a... (again, for the lack of a better term) "real" character. He represents the Dark Side of the Force and his only use is to represent that since Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka forgot all of the things that happened to them on Mortis (or at least I think they did). So, it would confuse me if they brought him back as a Jedi-killer since his only role in the Mortis trilogy was too represent the Dark Side and to foreshadow coming events.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:20 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's him either. Maybe a long-lost relative or something. Razz
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:42 pm

There is a tiny chance it could have something to do with Darth Maul, though I doubt it. There were theories going around when Maul first returned to TCW that he was really the son, since there are connections between the characters such as them having the same voice actor and at one point Maul even repeats a line that the son had said in the Mortis trilogy. So maybe this new villain has something to do with Maul since apparently Maul is still around since we never got to see his fate on Clone Wars. Like I said, I doubt this is true. It's just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next