Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.

Go down 
+10
Pinksaber13
GenawullGweevus
jedigirl1990
jedispork
Starwarsartist
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Kayla
allishmalli
geek4God
Amaranthine
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Interesting theory... it's certainly something to think about...
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 pm

So they've announced the main six characters for Rebels! What do you guys think? https://twitter.com/RebelsReport/status/435440934134616064/photo/1

(From left to right- Sabine, Chopper (the droid) Ezra, Kanan, Hera and Zeb.)

I think they all look awesome! Ezra is my favourite from what I've seen of him so far- he's a fourteen-year-old force sensitive street thief who steals helmets from the stormtroopers. Kanan is a Jedi who escaped Order 66 and traded his lightsaber for a blaster so he wouldn't be killed. They haven't released much on the other characters yet but I'm excited to hear more!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 pm

How cool!!! They seem interesting.

I'm most interested in Hera. I heard somewhere that her name is Hera Syndulla, so I bet she is related to Cham.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:58 pm

The poster looks cool, but the animation in some of the teasers look awful/cheap... at least compared to TCW. It seems like they started from scratch almost... it just looks... weird to me...
The characters seem interesting enough and I'm glad (at least from what I can tell from the poster) that there are going to be at least two female main characters instead of just one "token chick." Ezra is starting to sound like a cross between Aladdin and a male Ahsoka ("we see the Clone Wars through her eyes"..."we see the rebellion through his eyes").
They are really going to have to knock my socks off (not literally since I'm not wearing socks right now) for me to like it and watch it regularly. 

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:49 pm

I totally agree about the animation! It does look pretty cheap compared to Clone Wars. You'd think since Disney has so much money they'd get a bigger budget there . . .

YES! You hit that spot on! He does sound like a cross between Aladdin and Ahsoka!

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:23 pm

I personally think the animation looks fine. It's very "Disney". I think everyone was expecting it to look too much like TCW, honestly. I've decided I'm not gonna compare Rebels to TCW and my life has gotten easier since. Razz

They've revealed more on Sabine! According to this, she's a mando who's also a weapon's expert and a graffiti artist! (Finally, an artistic star wars character. I'm so happy!)
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Yes, I agree! I'm so glad that there's finally a artistic SW character!

EDIT: And, as I said before, I'm glad that there are two main female characters and not just the one "token chick" like so many other male-targeted shows (and you can't deny that since they are airing this on a male-targeted channel they're somewhat trying to target this show towards boys).

Last edited by allishmalli on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Wow! How cool! Very Happy I'm so glad they included an artist! It's also nice to have an action show where someone has a normal hobby besides just shooting things or angsting Razz
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:28 pm

OMW in the Sabine video one of her graffiti art pieces is of Embo!!! Very Happy Nice!
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:00 am

I've written so much meta about this show for, against and neutral about it on my tumblr (x, x). I'm looking forward to it, and I think it's going to be good because serious talent is working on it. But if it flops because it's on a channel a lot of people don't have, or because Disney watered it down and blocked some story elements, or because it has marketing-to-boys syndrome, or what the heck ever, I honestly wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't find fault with Dave or his team.

Basically, okay Disney. If you cancelled a great show to make way for a new one for your own self absorbed reasons, fine. 'aight, yo. Let's see how you do.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
I've written so much meta about this show for, against and neutral about it on my tumblr (x, x). I'm looking forward to it, and I think it's going to be good because serious talent is working on it. But if it flops because it's on a channel a lot of people don't have, or because Disney watered it down and blocked some story elements, or because it has marketing-to-boys syndrome, or what the heck ever, I honestly wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't find fault with Dave or his team.

Basically, okay Disney. If you cancelled a great show to make way for a new one for your own self absorbed reasons, fine. 'aight, yo. Let's see how you do.

This is is why it's going to be nearly impossible for me not to compare SWR with TCW. Normally, I don't try to compare things of this nature (e.g. movie adaptions with their books, sequel trilogies with original trilogies, spin-offs with the shows they spun-off of, etc.), but the whole deal screams "Compare us!"

They cancel our perfectly-good TV show to create this new one (with the same creator, the same universe, the same kind of feel and atmosphere to it, the supposedly-same quality, etc.)! They cannot say that we don't have the right to compare! We all have a right to complain and rip this show to shreds if it doesn't meet the same quality as the show they cancelled!

I will go back to my lollipop analogy. If someone takes away your lollipop that you were still "eating" just to give you another lollipop (of the same flavor) that doesn't taste as good, you don't just say, "Well, I'm not going to compare the two lollipops since they're made by different companies." NO! If someone takes something that you can never get back and give you a cruddy alternative, you'd probably complain and you have the right to!

Okay, how about a different analogy. Let's just say that have a really comfy sweater that you just absolutely adore and anticipate the months when you can wear it. Then one day, your mom decides to throw your sweater away without your permission and buy you a new one that's the same color and by the same designer as your old sweater. You try it on and it's itchy and scratchy has a few holes in it. You're already mad at your mom for throwing away your old sweater, but now you're mad because the new one wasn't even worth throwing the old one away! 

See? I, personally, can't just say, "Oh well, it's a new show and it's Disney", not compare the two, and enjoy the show for what it is. In my book, SWR desperately needs to be worth canceling TCW in order for me to watch it and to like it. Even if it doesn't, it still needs to be great enough that people kinda forget that they cancelled TCW just to make this show and so we don't feel the need to compare the two shows. I want this show to be great! I want to forget that they cancelled TCW to make this show! 
But right now, it's not looking like that it it. Sure, there are elements that I'm getting excited about (like the artist character, the time-period, the general setting, the fact that DF is making it, etc.). But the other elements (the cheap animation, the fact that Ezra is just a cross between Aladdin and Ahsoka, the look of some of the characters, the fact that it's on Disney XD, etc.) aren't helping my view of the show.

So, Disney, you better start impressing me. Otherwise, I will start comparing, I will stop watching it, and you'll lose money.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Well said allishmalli!!!

Ugh it kills me because I went through this same thing with the Avengers shows!!! Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was one of the best shows and they had some great character stuff going and had set up some really interesting story arcs that would last for seasons, but then Disney cancels it because it was based on the comic books, and they say they're going to replace it with Avengers Assemble. So I'm like, ok, maybe this new Avengers show will be good. But from the previews, the animation quality looked bad, the characters were very limited (EMH had a great variety, but Assemble only used movie characters), and then once I watched it they just kept reusing plots/jokes from the movie in each episode. I gave it a try, but it was cheap and a crappy replacement for EMH, so I stopped watching it.

I just hope I don't have to go through that with Rebels! I really want it to be good and I think that it will be, but I'm still nervous.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:24 am

When I first saw art from the show I thought it was TCW. XD It looks so similar...but I hope it will be good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Quick, "just curious" question (for everyone): 

Will the final product of SWR affect whether or not you'll go see the new trilogy when it comes out? 

In other words, if SWR is (in fact) disappointing, will you still go see the new SW trilogy or will you boycott the movies?
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:25 pm

I think regardless of Rebels I will definitely see the new trilogy. Its still starwars and even if I might not like it I want to know about it and experience it for myself it that makes sense though I will be honest I am not to excited about Rebels I might give it a try though
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:55 pm

I will still go see the new movies regardless of how Rebels is. The tv show is going to have little to nothing to do with the movies, I think.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 am

Yeah, I'm going to see the new movies no matter what. If Rebels is bad, then I'll see the movies as Disney's chance to redeem themselves.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Ok, is it too early to be in the Sabine fandom? I can't say for sure yet because I haven't actually seen the show, but she's got a lot going for her and I really think I have found my Star Wars twin. I go by Satine, her name has only a one letter difference, we're both artists, we both dye our hair, we both like Embo . . . XD

Of course, I'm holding off from making judgements until I've seen the show, but at this point I'm getting kind of excited.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Okay, so I could be wrong, but I strongly think that either Ahsoka will be on this show or Ashley Eckstein is doing something else on this show. She hasn't said anything directly, but I found this post on FaceBook last night and it makes me wonder why she's at Lucasfilm right now and why she's taking a picture with a SWR character. I guess she could be talking to them about SWR merchandising with HU, but I doubt it and I really hope that she will be on SWR. (Sorry about the size. I'm posting from my iPad without a link, and I haven't figured out the resizing stuff yet).

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Imagejpeg
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:01 pm

The pic isn't loading, but I know the one you're talking about. I think that yeah, either she's planning SWR shirts or something for HU, or, she's going to do some voicework on the show. (Or both!) I think either one would be really cool!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:09 pm

How interesting! I hope she's doing a voice! It would be great to have her back! And Rebel clothes would be cool too!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:39 pm

New teaser trailer today:

Personally, I don't know what to think of it. It's so short that I can't make up my mind without watching it 50 times or more.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:41 pm

There was a longer one leaked yesterday. Unfortunately, the Star Wars Youtube account realized it got leaked and made it private, but I still got a chance to see it, and it was pretty darn cool. I think the main characters are all gonna be epic.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:04 pm

I can't wait to see the long one! I'm getting pretty excited for this show!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Found the full trailer!

I still don't know what to think of all this... I guess I'll just have to watch the show when it comes out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.   It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official: Star Wars:Rebels officially new animated show.
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next