Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Go down 
+14
Duchess Satine Kenobi
allishmalli
jedispork
Jedi~Chick
Cia Klivian
Pinksaber13
ArtooDeeto
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Kayla
jedigirl1990
kandykan
Starwarsartist
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Amaranthine
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Hey, its a rumor. Deep breath, they might not recast it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Amaranthine wrote:

Ergh, that was a typo. I don't want any more movies concerning Leia or Han or Luke period. I'm tireeeddd of them. AND THEIR KIDS. Disney will probably change Anakin II's name because we all know what his initials spell. Razz

I was betting on Old Republic movies, no weird EU 'canon' or something crazy that completely abandons actual canon. (ILU DSK <3)

But Disney mostly markets to girls too. SO WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT GET AN AHSOKA MOVIE MWAHAHAHHAHA YES.

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Tumblr_m6e5yhcK6q1r8zu6q

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Tumblr_m7spt8aOWz1qke7c6
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 pm

I doubt they will recast the roles. In fact, I heard today that Carrie and Mark are confirmed to be recasting their roles and Harrison has said he is willing to reprise the role.

And the EU is too actual canon. :(
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 am

YEAH :(
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
Amaranthine wrote:

Ergh, that was a typo. I don't want any more movies concerning Leia or Han or Luke period. I'm tireeeddd of them. AND THEIR KIDS. Disney will probably change Anakin II's name because we all know what his initials spell. Razz

I was betting on Old Republic movies, no weird EU 'canon' or something crazy that completely abandons actual canon. (ILU DSK <3)

But Disney mostly markets to girls too. SO WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT GET AN AHSOKA MOVIE MWAHAHAHHAHA YES.

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Tumblr_m6e5yhcK6q1r8zu6q

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Tumblr_m7spt8aOWz1qke7c6

Amen! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 pm

And about the EU, personally I don't consider the EU canon, that's great if you do, the great thing about Star Wars is that there's something for everyone, but either way the fact remains that the movies and Clone Wars are more canon than the EU, so I don't understand how the new movies will be "ruining canon" if they go against the books Neutral George Lucas is the creator of Star Wars, I'm pretty sure his ideas are more official than the books.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:02 pm

The reasoning for people thinking that way is this - the books came out first, they're are a lot of them and they've been around for a long time. Many people have grown up with them and connect them with the movies in ways that they don't with other mediums. While I don't hate the idea of more films, I just don't like the idea of them just throwing the books all out since 1: they were made first and 2: I don't want to see the characters and the stories I love and grew up with being tossed out and forgotten by the next generations. I don't really take the list of canons seriously since I make up my own versions of how it all looks and since I almost always like the first version of anything, I prefer the EU and consider it just as canon as the films.

Not meaning to start an argument, I just wanted to explain myself.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Hey, y'all should read my editorial about this whole thing in the fan-fiction section. Just saying!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 am

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 527371_10151177802442669_754346001_n

everyone's worst fear. XD
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 am

Oh no! That would be just...gross, would be one word. I can't even imagine it Razz
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hysterical!!!
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Shocked I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Amaranthine wrote:

Help me. I can't stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Amaranthine wrote:

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Tumblr_mcmey1plbh1ry9hph
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:43 pm

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!! I feel the exact same way!!

Last edited by allishmalli on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
Amaranthine wrote:

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Tumblr_mcmey1plbh1ry9hph

IKR? I STILL CANNOT STOP LAUGHING.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm

I got my entertainment weekly in the mail and Star Wars is on the front cover! Haven't read it yet, but you have to admit it sure is good to see that again.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:54 pm

AAAAAAAAHHHH THEY HAVE THE EU PICTURES OF JAINA AND JACEN AND MARA IN THE MAGAZINE MY WISH MY DREAMS MY HOPE MY LIFE(not confirming anything, but I AM ACTUALLY SEEING EU PEOPLE IN MAGAZINES AHHH)
Back to top Go down
ArtooDeeto

ArtooDeeto

Location : In my rightful place, aboard the Jade Shadow during Fate of the Jedi!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 pm

That's so cool. That might mean there's hope for the EU, to survive this movie, yet!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Yes, KEEP THE EU MAKERS OF THE NEW STAR WARS FILMS!! I will love them forever if they do Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:30 pm

If I get my Luke/Mara I will be a happy girl and Disney can do whatever they what other wise!!!!! celebrate luke marajade
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 pm

This is so funny!!!

Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:11 pm

don't like all the george lucas hate or the prequel hate. The Prequels were fantastic movies in my opinion and people hating on George annoy me though I do have to agree I have the same fear of Disney overdoing it and I don't want to see a ton of quick new SW movies but I trust Disney so I am sure it will be okay thats just my opinion on it everyone likes differnet things
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 pm

I agree JG I don't like all the George Lucas and prequel hate. I mean yeah, I think we're all nervous with Disney and stuff, but I don't think taking it out on George and the prequels is going to help any.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 am

XD George Lucas and prequel hate have been around forever, not since before this was announced...it's kind of inevitable now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney Buys Lucasfilm
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next