Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Go down 
+14
Duchess Satine Kenobi
allishmalli
jedispork
Jedi~Chick
Cia Klivian
Pinksaber13
ArtooDeeto
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Kayla
jedigirl1990
kandykan
Starwarsartist
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Amaranthine
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 am

Yes, I agree, Amar; the hate for both those things have been around forever. Sadly, if won't be going away, even though I wish it would :( Though, I am a EU fan and I don't hate George Lucas; he created Star Wars, I couldn't hate him (I'm just not a big fan of Filoni)
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:38 pm

I know it has been around forever and it won't go away but I was mainly commenting on the video I personally don't like it and just because its there doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me thats all I am saying and I have huge respects for both George Lucas and Dave Filoni and their teams they both did more for starwars than any EU author ever could in my opinion but like I said thats just my view not to say I don't like Eu but Clone wars is part of SW and I love the movies and clone wars you have your opinions and I have mine its okay to disagree
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh, you were talking about the video! Okay, I get that Smile Yeah, I don't think that guy likes the Prequels which is sad since they are so good :(
I agree, agreeing to disagree is a good idea
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 pm

sorry I should of made that more clear instead of seeeming to start a huge debate out of the clear blue Razz and yep we agree to disagree no problems with that we all have different tastes and thats what makes life interesting and hey both of us and can agree that siri was perfect for obiwan no argument there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm

That's fine, I've done that sort of thing before Smile Yes, everyone has different tastes and that's a good thing! Smile
And yes, Siri was perfect for Obi-Wan!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 am

There's an unofficial report that Harrison Ford may be back for episode VII!

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/exclusive-harrison-ford-return-han-solo-star-wars-episode-vii/
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:46 pm

That's awesome news!!! Very Happy I really hope the original actors can all come back!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:51 pm

That's so cool!! It really wouldn't be Star Wars without the people that started it all!
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Just found out that Carrie Fisher will also return as her character Princess Leia.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/5/4069004/carrie-fisher-confirms-princess-leia-return-for-star-wars-episode-vii

Two down, one to go. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:18 pm

awesome very excited to hear that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Glad to hear it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Yay! No more nonsense about re-casting and stuff! Just casting the new characters! And figuring out a good story plot that will incorporate the old cast (literally).
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 pm

That's excellent!!! Very Happy I'm so happy to hear that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GenawullGweevus

GenawullGweevus

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 am

my mom will only see episode 7 if Harrison Ford is in it, so...looks like i'll be taking her!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are in the final stages of negotiation!!!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni48528573/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Oh I'm seriously freaking out now. This video is just a rumor but I have a feeling that its true. The video more-or-less says that the plot of Episode 7 will be that 30 years after Return of the Jedi as the Skywalker and Solo children will fight to prevent the new Sith armies. Meaning Jaina, Jasen, Anakin and Ben will be the heroes of this story and maybe even appearance of Mara Jade as well. I really do hope this is the true plot because it would be SO awesome!!

Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 pm

It's a fan video. It'd be awesome, though! We hope for something along those lines for the real plot. Even the video states it's a rumor. Don't get your hopes up too high! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm not, even though I am excited. But knowing that Disney can totally just screw things up I'm excited but not getting my hopes up high enough to think that this can actually happen
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 pm

I have even more conflicted feelings about this new trilogy. At first, I didn't like the idea and I even wrote an article about it. Then, with the whole Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford negotiations, I was getting excited. Now, since this whole thing with TCW has come up, I'm just kinda mad at Disney and I don't want to be excited right now. I'm sure in a few years when it actually comes out I'll be over this and want to see the movie. But right now, if the movie were to come out on Friday, I wouldn't go see it. Not at all.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm

It sounds pretty made up to me. But who knows. But anyways, I really don't like that idea. I just don't really like the idea of the Sith coming back. I mean, wasn't Anakin supposed to be the chosen one who brought balance to the force? Having the Sith come back, in my opinion, would just make that seem pointless. I also really, really, really don't want Mara Jade to be in it. She annoys me Razz

But something tells me that Disney isn't going to go with any of the EU plots or characters. Disney's thing is cancelling things and replacing them right? Like with Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and The Clone Wars. So why would they want to go with stuff from the EU? If it's not from one of the Star Wars movies or anything Disney thought up, I can garauntee that they aren't going to give a whoop about the EU. Didn't Disney already release new Star Wars comic books through Marvel that pretty much reboot EU "canon"? I mean yeah the EU will probably still be around, but Disney is going to change it a lot and they won't care about what's already come out.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Ya, I agree with DSK. Although I've never read the EU, I'm pretty sure that they're going to change the EU a lot. However, since there are SO many EU books and stuff, that I think they'd know better to not change it too much (like leave out some of the kids or change their names). I could be wrong since they are stupid and need to go back to kindergarten, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt by saying that they'll change it, but not too much. I mean, they didn't really add or subtract characters to the Spiderman movie (they left out the newspaper guy and Mary Jane, but that's really it).

As to the Sith thing, though it may seem pointless in our eyes to bring the Sith back, it might be that in order to get a really epic lightsaber fight thing, Disney might go ahead and bring them back. Besides, doesn't Palpatine re-incarnate in the EU, thus making Anakin's "chosen one" sacrifice useless? And don't the Sith return? I thought they did.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:39 pm

I would definitely hope they AT LEAST keep Jaina/Jacen/Anakin in the story- there are so many books with them in it that it would be really dumb to dump all of that into the trash(plus, they'd have a bunch of raving, angry fans chasing them across the country side, waving lightsabers...).

LEAVE THE EU ALONE, DISNEY! Razz *whacks with stick*
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:06 am

Rumors that there MIGHT be a Obi-Wan and Maul spin off. If they did do this, they would be more or less taking it from TCW with Maul being alive. Really if they can do this then why not do an Ahsoka spin off Wink

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 pm

That sounds so awesome! At this point though I'm not going to believe it until there's more evidence, but I really hope it's true, that would be so awesome!

I think it would be so amazing if they made a young Obi-Wan and Satine movie Very Happy Dave Filoni says he has this huge backstory for the Kryze family, so that could be shown and we could see why Bo-Katan joined the Death Watch. It could also show more about Mandalore's history Smile And Qui-Gon could be in it too, and we could see more of his and Obi-Wan's relationship.

I think Nicole Kidman would make a good Satine Smile Not to mention she actually played a character named Satine in another movie, and Ewan Mcgregor was her love interest! Smile I think that's so cool!

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Images10

I don't know who I would pick for Bo-Katan.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Heard that Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine might being getting a role in the new movie. And with her red hair I can only think of one person that she could play, Mara Jade. I wonder how well she would do being Mara.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney Buys Lucasfilm
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next