Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Go down 
+14
Duchess Satine Kenobi
allishmalli
jedispork
Jedi~Chick
Cia Klivian
Pinksaber13
ArtooDeeto
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Kayla
jedigirl1990
kandykan
Starwarsartist
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Amaranthine
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm glad they are including the EU(I was very relieved when Mr. Lucas mentioned it) YAAY!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

I really don't care if they do anything with the EU. I do but I don't. I was raised on canon and never got THAT into the EU... so. Razz

I want this trilogy to be about Obi-Wan up to TPM though. Because.

BUT AHSOKA. THEY WILL RUIN HEEEERRRRRRRRRR.

THE DOLLS. THE DEAWESOMENIZATION. I CAN'T.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
I really don't care if they do anything with the EU. I do but I don't. I was raised on canon and never got THAT into the EU... so. Razz

I want this trilogy to be about Obi-Wan up to TPM though. Because.

BUT AHSOKA. THEY WILL RUIN HEEEERRRRRRRRRR.

THE DOLLS. THE DEAWESOMENIZATION. I CAN'T.

NOOOOO THEY CAN'T!!! *headdesking forever*

And the Obi-Wan idea is a good one.

I think I am going to reserve judgement until I see what Disney actually does with Star Wars. Because this could either be really good, or really bad.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Tahiri Veila wrote:
Kayla wrote:
Technially Swa, I think Marvel made Avengers. Disney only bought the rights to Marvel, right?

Ugh, I'm going to be very peeved if the future of Star Wars is just EU type stuff. I don't like EU. That was blunt. But there it is. Razz

LOL, well there isn't much else really... Those are the continuing stories that George Lucas came up with...and most people seem to love the EU!!

Yeah, I guess I can see that. I mean, it makes sense to produce stuff people like. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm

I don't think it will be as bad as our imagination is making it out to be...I'm really hoping we won't notice much difference other than awesome stuff that we DO like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I agree. XD
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Have Disney actually even mentioned anything about TCW? Because I think they've only talked about the movies and games and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:51 pm

All these reaction gifs are freaking perfect. XDD

I think I started to cry a bit when I found out. Not sure if it was from shock or what. XD

Either way....I think it's a mistake. I don't think I'm happy about it...but I don't have enough facts to start hating on everything.

Episode 7 I am completely against as of right now. Until Disney/Lucasfilm proves to me that they're going to do it RIGHT and not screw with what is already canon, then I'm not putting support behind that thing. XDDD

TCW is probably going to stay the same...since it's an already-ongoing series. I wouldn't worry about that one. I'm actually not worried at all.

If anything...I hope Disney takes Star Wars and makes it a real theme park, or a part of the themepark like how there's Fantasyland, Adventureland, etc. I want them to have a Star Wars Galaxy theme park with lots of rides and restaurants and meet and greets all year round instead of just at SWW. XDD It'd be fun.

I'm just hoping that through all of this....if Disney takes Lucasfilm, they take it and do it RIGHT. They're handling Marvel well.....maybe they'll do okay with LFL too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:55 pm

OMW JC!!!! That whole theme park idea is LIKE THE BEST IDEA EVER!!!!! XDDD And I agree with you about Episode 7. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Jedi~Chick wrote:
All these reaction gifs are freaking perfect. XDD

I think I started to cry a bit when I found out. Not sure if it was from shock or what. XD

Either way....I think it's a mistake. I don't think I'm happy about it...but I don't have enough facts to start hating on everything.

Episode 7 I am completely against as of right now. Until Disney/Lucasfilm proves to me that they're going to do it RIGHT and not screw with what is already canon, then I'm not putting support behind that thing. XDDD

TCW is probably going to stay the same...since it's an already-ongoing series. I wouldn't worry about that one. I'm actually not worried at all.

If anything...I hope Disney takes Star Wars and makes it a real theme park, or a part of the themepark like how there's Fantasyland, Adventureland, etc. I want them to have a Star Wars Galaxy theme park with lots of rides and restaurants and meet and greets all year round instead of just at SWW. XDD It'd be fun.

I'm just hoping that through all of this....if Disney takes Lucasfilm, they take it and do it RIGHT. They're handling Marvel well.....maybe they'll do okay with LFL too. Smile

More and more I think they will handle this well. I don't think ANYONE, not even Disney, would have the guts to mess up something like Star Wars, that already has such deep rooted canon and fans and success. Even they're not THAT stupid. And I SO AGREE ABOUT THE THEME PARK. I'VE BEEN WISHING FOR THAT FOR LIKE...EVER. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah, it would be awesome if they made a theme park like the Harry Potter one in Universal Studios. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 pm

YES. EXACTLY LIKE THAT SWA. Wink It'd be so awesome!!!! We'd all like LIIIIVE there. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

I didn't like it at first, (in fact, I didn't really believe it...I thought it was something that shadow-guy-thing made up) but if they made a theme park that would definitely be a plus.

Still, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---????!!!! *is in shock*
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:00 pm

I feel alot better knowing Lucas is still behind it still worried but it could be good i guess we have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:36 pm

affraid Wow. Just... wow! My dad and I were both surprised when we saw this on Fox news. I'm speechless. I can't believe it. I'm just in total shock right now. affraid
I don't know how I feel about all of this. I never read any EU books, so the canon thing doesn't bother me too bad (although I think that the actors are all too old to do anything and they need to make it more about their kids and just have the original characters show up for some speaking parts).
I'm just surprised that they're making ANOTHER trilogy! Part of me says, "Leave it alone! Two trilogies are good enough!" Another part says, "Yay! More Star Wars movies!" Another part says, "What the hect! Disney can't pull off making a Star Wars trilogy!" Another part says, "Maybe they can. But I guess we'll have to wait and see." But still, wow. Just... wow!
The article I read (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/) gave an explanation on why GL did this, and I understand. It's hard to make movies when supposed "hard-core" fans absolutely hate them and hate you for making them and supposedly ruining the series. At least if the new trilogy stinks, people can blame someone else for messing it up. But still, wow. I can't believe it.
I also hope that TCW isn't affected by all this. (By the way, what's "P&F"?) I didn't read anything about TCW in that article, so I don't know if they've mentioned anything about it.

But still, WOW!!! Just... WOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Oh goodness. My jaw literally dropped when my dad told me about this!!! I'm absolutely shocked!

I honestly did not want more Star Wars movies, but since there's nothing I can do I'm going to remain optimistic about this.

I'm not worried about the Clone Wars, because they're already working on season 6 and that's probably going to be the last season, plus Dave is in charge of it, so I HIGHLY doubt they will be dumbing it down or anything.

My two main worries are:

That they will base the movies off of the Heir to the Empire trilogy or some EU that takes place after RotJ. That would be my worst nightmare come true for two reasons. First off I hated those books, they were downright awful and not at all deserving of the Star Wars title, plus that means that Mara Jade might become cannon (if that happens you can go ahead and kill me, though I doubt it will because George Lucas has said before that he hates Mara Jade, and I don't blame him). And second of all if they based the movies off of the books then of course it wouldn't follow the books EXACTLY because no movie version of books ever follows the books exactly, and all the EU fans would get all mad because it doesn't align with their oh-so-precious "cannon" Rolling Eyes And also, if it took place after RotJ, the actors would all be old or they might recast the characters! D:

My other worry is that people are going to immediately hate the new movies just because they're making more Star Wars movies and everyone already complains about the prequels, and all the hate might turn into a hate of Star Wars altogether :(

I really hope the new movies will be about how the Jedi got founded or something about the Old Republic or just anything that takes place before the prequels. Either that or I also think it would be really neat to make more Clone Wars movies, because now the quality is 100X better than what it was when they made the first Clone Wars movie and I could definitely see it being on the big screen again. My other hope is that Dave Filoni will be very involved in the new movies. I think he'd do an excellent job with them, and my rule for making more movies of an already popular series is that the person making them has to be a fan, and Dave Filoni is definitely a fan and I think he'd take the new movies in the right direction.

I'm still not exactly sure what to think, but I'm going to remain optimistic, because no matter what happens I will always love Star Wars. And we still have The Clone Wars Very Happy

Last edited by DuchessSatineKenobi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

phinus and ferb is what p&f stands for i am definitly torn on it but that makes sense why he did it
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I heard a few years ago from an autistic guy who worked on our air-conditioning and was obsessed with SW that George Lucas actually wrote another trilogy. Is that true? If it is, they might just make the new trilogy based off of what George wrote. Though if they bring back the old (literally) actors to reprise their roles and what George wrote requires the characters to be young, then things will have to change.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:59 pm

from what i heard the movies will be based on what george has already written
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Location : Beyblading with Gingka Hagane on Coruscant for the Galactic Beyblading Tournament.

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:19 pm

As long as this doesn't make them super-kid-friendly, I'm okay with it. If they start making it like... "All glory, no guts" I may just go nuts! I have a REALLY bad feeling about this...
Back to top Go down
http://apadawansview.blogspot.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:22 pm

I agree, JC, a Star Wars theme park(like the Harry Potter one in Universal) would be SO AWESOME!!! Very Happy Very Happy

I have a feeling that the Thrawn Trilogy will be what the next three movies will be based off of because those were supposedly the next three movies. I've heard these books were really good, so I hope they do those.

And yes, my canon is very, very precious to me. It's my childhood*hugs the EU very tightly* Smile I actually love the EU and the movies equally.

And I wouldn't worry about TCW- they're going to finish it at some point in time and I doubt Disney will have much input into it.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 pm

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:

My two main worries are:

That they will base the movies off of the Heir to the Empire trilogy or some EU that takes place after RotJ. That would be my worst nightmare come true for two reasons. First off I hated those books, they were downright awful and not at all deserving of the Star Wars title, plus that means that Mara Jade might become cannon (if that happens you can go ahead and kill me, though I doubt it will because George Lucas has said before that he hates Mara Jade, and I don't blame him). And second of all if they based the movies off of the books then of course it wouldn't follow the books EXACTLY because no movie version of books ever follows the books exactly, and all the EU fans would get all mad because it doesn't align with their oh-so-precious "cannon" Rolling Eyes And also, if it took place after RotJ, the actors would all be old or they might recast the characters! D:

My other worry is that people are going to immediately hate the new movies just because they're making more Star Wars movies and everyone already complains about the prequels, and all the hate might turn into a hate of Star Wars altogether:(

TWENTY MILLION DITTOS.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:37 am

Kayla wrote:
DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:

My two main worries are:

My other worry is that people are going to immediately hate the new movies just because they're making more Star Wars movies and everyone already complains about the prequels, and all the hate might turn into a hate of Star Wars altogether:(

TWENTY MILLION DITTOS.

WHAT"S THE MATTER WITH YOU TWO XD YOU"RE STOMPING OVER MY DREAMS AND LIFE XD

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Tumblr_m5me4ylmyo1qhtth3

AND FOR THE LAST TIME "CANON" HAS ONE N XD

Sorry XD I'm very emotional about thisss

We all should accept the fact that they ARE going to screw with the EU. XD It's inevitable. Like Kayla said, of COURSE no movies ever stay true to the books, and Disney has no real connection with them at all. Besides, since when does Disney let other people dictate the plot of their movies for fifty years? The EU is so extensive, it's inevitable that it's going to change or we all just stick to our headcanons. Even IF George is involved, we all know how much he cares about staying true to the established canon(see: TCW).

However, this is a good chance for them to change some things we didn't like about the EU(ie. Luuke, Abeloth, Waru) XD We might even get to keep Anakin and Jacen (and Mara!) this time around. I was exaggerating earlier, I think they will almost certainly keep Mara because she's THE most popular (and marketable!) EU character. The Solo kids too, since they're pretty bland until their teenage years and Disney probably couldn't come up with anything better.

Now, it would be cool if it were prequel, but I don't think it will be. Who knows? And the actors are at least still alive, though really too old to be reprising their established roles without changing the story. So we might seriously be looking at either a recast or a jump into the future?

And I do hope this doesn't ruin Star Wars, but I don't think anything could get me or anybody else to to hate it. And most people are (verrrrrrry deep down) excited. As for me, I'll rant and cry but be overall cautious until we hear more. And stock up on reaction gifs.

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Tumblr_m5me60eQBO1qhtth3

(me and disney)

And yes, Satine, we are obsessed with canon because PARDON ME IT IS THE TRUTH OF MY EXISTENCE~

Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:42 am

Pretty much ditto, Amar. I'm going to stay slightly skeptical until I see something good.
I'd love to see Mara Jade and the Solo children as well, that would be very, very awesome! Very Happy
And I agree, the EU is my childhood as well!! Very Happy I love it <3
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:04 am

AMAR, WHAT ABOUT MY DREAMS AND MY LIFE??? XDDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm   Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney Buys Lucasfilm
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next