Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revenge of the Sith!

Go down 
+22
SolaceUtara
Kayla
Amaranthine
Starwarsartist
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Winter Celchu27
Pinksaber13
jedigirl1990
SnipsSkywalker
Padme's Japor Snippet
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
QueenKarina
Darth Jayne
sarahthegeek
Obi-Wan's Padawan
Dancing with Anakin
JediKnightGirl
Wolffe's Chick
sokafan4ever
Jedi~Chick
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Rex'sgirl
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:03 pm

I agree Smile I also love how their friendship was portrayed in the ROTS novel, it was so perfect and sad .
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 pm

yes i agree and in the novel they also expand some of the quiter parts so its even better i definitly love how their relationship is potrayed in the book. it defintily goes alot more in depth about their relationship
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 pm

That's one of the reason's I loved it too Very Happy I love how the book and the movie compliment each other. I think having read the book and watched the movie, it makes the story all the much deeper Smile
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:21 pm

i definitly agree with you there i loved watching the movie after reading the book it gave you a whole new perspective
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 am

I agree. I did as well! Smile After reading the book, I watched the movie at my church on this big projector which was really cool. Smile

Which parts did you like better in the book and which did you like better in the movie?
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 am

hm hard to say i definitly liked the begining more in the book since it when more in detail and i loved when obiwan was giving anakin a hard time about losing his lightsaber and then anakin realized obiwan didn't have his either and turned it around on him best part ever um other than that i really don't know its been so long since i read the book what about you
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:53 am

I agree Smile

For the book, I liked how they did the opening as well; I loved how it was longer and how it showed more of Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship. I also loved how Obi-Wan and Anakin were portrayed; there were a lot of scenes between the two of them I wished they had kept. I also loved how we got to see deep inside Obi-Wan and Anakin's minds and how the Force was explored. The scene where Anakin tells Mace that Palpatine is Sidius was amazing and I also really enjoyed how they did the scene with Mace, Agen, Saesee, and Kit going to fight the Sith Lord(I loved how it was raining). I also liked how Obi-Wan and Padme's friendship was shown as well as the confrontation on Mustafar. Oh and the scene where Anakin wakes up in his suit was so chilling.

For the movie, I liked the ending sequence with Obi-Wan and Anakin on the lava bank better(though it was amazing in the book as well; I guess I like it better because of the order the dialogue was arranged). I also preferred Order 66 in the film since we actually got to see it happen; he really showed the horror of it. And of course, we actually get to see and hear the actors say their lines and there is the music and...it's so amazing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:59 pm

very true i definitly loved the battle from the movie like you said with the emotion from the actors and the music all togehter was just epic but i do love how the book really showed how close the two were and gave an insight to what was going on in their minds too
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Yay! Very Happy I really want to re-read that book, it was so good Smile. What was your favorite part of the book?
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Oh my goodness, I think the Revenge of the Sith novel may have been the best book I ever read. Matthew Stover did a phenomenal job of novelizing it. In fact, it was almost better than the movie. I loved it so much. The end, the beginning, the middle... the whole book was amazing. As hard as it is to pick a favorite part, I've got to say that the way he described Order 66 really sent chills down my spine. As did that one line about bleak, blank unendurable heartbreak. And the very end of the book!
"... love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars."
It was all absolutely amazing. When I closed that book, I was like "Oh... my gosh. Best. Book. Ever. In. The. Whole. World. Ever."
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I agree Snips!!! It was SO AMAZING! Very Happy I really loved that last line as well, very powerful. It is definitely one of the best books I have ever read. It makes me sad that Matthew Stover doesn't get more recognition for his writing while bad writers like Stephanie Meyer get all this lauding.
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Rots_l10
The second I read those first lines, I fell in love with the book. It just got better after that. :p And I know, right? Twilight isn't half as good as the RotS novel! (In fact, it's actually pretty darn awful. But I'm not even going to get started on that. Not in this topic anyway... -.-)
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:21 pm

I think my favorite part was about Anakin's battle with the dead 'star dragon'. I found that very interesting and chilling.

All things die, Anakin Skywalker. Even stars burn out...
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 pm

I love both of your favorite parts! Very Happy Very Happy

And I agree, Snips, Twilight is awful :p
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 pm

i concur twilight is awful

and i really need to reread the book i was still in highschool when i read it so that was like 4 years ago my favorite part i think is the begining but i love the entire book it was very well written and i agree i wish he got more credit for that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:17 pm

I love the march on the Jedi Temple - favorite scene in the entire movie!!! The music is completely EPIC during it!!! And Vader looks soooo EVIL it's fantastic! I'll watch the ROTS just for that scene - guess I'm a bit morbid.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 pm

I agree with you, DHC! I love that scene......it's just like DUN DUN DUN DUN
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:49 pm

OMW, I LOVE THAT MUSIC FROM THAT SCENE!!!! XDD It gives me the epicness chills!!
Back to top Go down
SolaceUtara

SolaceUtara

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:58 am

I agree with Shena...
Back to top Go down
http://www.prophetsoftheforce.blogspot.com
Vulnerable_to_Love

Vulnerable_to_Love

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:03 pm

I only watch this movie when I really want to cry. Because it's torture.... I love Anakin and Padme so much. I love the Revenge of the Sith book and all that extra detail and bits of backstory come rushing through my head and it all just overwhelms me! I mean -- Anakin and Obi-Wan? Fighting to the death!? Best and worst thing ever.

That's interesting, SarahtheGeek, about Padme's death irking you. It always irritated me a little bit too. I'm like, come on! Queen, Senator, strong, incredible lady that you are? I just sort of edited it into my mind that Anakin's force choke hurt her mortally (somehow), and the medical droid just didn't know how to explain it. Thinking of it as Anakin's fault makes it so much more poetic. Or just less wimpy. I mean, dying of a broken heart? PADME? No.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joybetweenhispaws.weebly.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 am

I agree, Padme shouldn't have died that easily- I read in the second "Coruscant Nights" book, that she'd died from Anakin's Force choke hurting her, especially when she was pregnant, so I go with that for an explanation.

And yes, Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting- best and worst thing ever!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Yeah, I agree! I prefer to think that it was from Anakin's force choke.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:31 pm

I agree with you, Joy. It's torture watching that movie. In a beautiful sort of way. Like, sometimes you just want to watch a sad movie and then you do and you sob your eyes out and ask yourself why you would do such a thing.

The beginning of that movie is so funny! Obi-Wan and Anakin are so friendly and...awesome. lol. I love that movie though. Even if the ending rips my heart out.

And I'm ok with how Padme died actually.
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:51 pm

I like to think it was a mix of all three. That Anakin's Force Choke severely hurt Padmé, that there were complications during labor, and that broken heart/depression/shock was the last straw. Like, normally she would have been able to push through it but with all the other things it was simply too much. When I was little I thought it was just because Anakin hurt her and there were labor complications, but as I got older, thinking on the technology of Star Wars, I needed something a little more to help explain it, and I think depression/shock does that. Like maybe it slowed her body functions enough that it was a problem. Also, (just thought of this) Leia and Luke were Force-sensitive, and Padmé wasn't, so maybe that had helped sustain her during pregnancy and once they were born it caused more problems.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am

I did a report this week for English class about romanticism. We had to find examples of modern movies, books, music, and art and compare them to things from the romantic period (Poe, Melville, Hawthorne Thoreau, Emerson, etc.). We also had to pick examples of light and dark romanticism. For one of my light examples, I chose the Star Wars original trilogy, and for one of my dark examples I used the prequel trilogy. It's just amazing to me how perfectly those two contrast each other! The prequels end with the fall of a hero, the OT ends with redemption, and so on. It makes me appreciate these wonderful movies even more! I also found it interesting how they compared to some of the works of the Romantic authors. I compared the Force to Emerson's Oversoul, and I compared Anakin to Captain Ahab from Moby-Dick, becoming obsessed with godlike power, only for the obsession to result in the downfall of him and those around him.

What do you all think about this?
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revenge of the Sith!   Revenge of the Sith! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revenge of the Sith!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next