Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)

Go down 
+16
Aay'liah
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Pinksaber13
Arda_Ancalima
Padme's Japor Snippet
futurejedigirl0202
shaak ti
QueenKarina
Admin
allishmalli
Leia Organa
i heart chewie
maryanna
Jedi~Chick
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Amaranthine
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 am

I finished Mark of Athena last week and I really enjoyed it!! Very Happy I didn't like it quite as much as The Son of Neptune but I absolutely loved the last third- the ending was really good and I'm happy with it. I can't wait to read The House of Hades. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:43 am

So what do you think about the Percy Jackson movie sequel set for August 2013? Apparently, they're making a big attempt to fix the problems of the first movie(hiring new writers, dying Alexandra Daddario's hair blond, adding a Dionysus and Clarisse and a Ethan Nakamura and a Chris Rodriquez and a Silena Beaureguard and Thalia!) I heard they're going to try to stay a lot closer to the plot of the book. What do you think?

Also, the actors portraying Mr. D and Clarisse were Caeser Flickerman and Glimmer in The Hunger Games XD XD.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 am

I'm looking forward to the film- they can stick closer to the book, I'll be very happy! Very Happy
That's cool about the casting! Smile And yay for Thalia! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Amaranthine wrote:
So what do you think about the Percy Jackson movie sequel set for August 2013? Apparently, they're making a big attempt to fix the problems of the first movie(hiring new writers, dying Alexandra Daddario's hair blond, adding a Dionysus and Clarisse and a Ethan Nakamura and a Chris Rodriquez and a Silena Beaureguard and Thalia!) I heard they're going to try to stay a lot closer to the plot of the book. What do you think?

Also, the actors portraying Mr. D and Clarisse were Caeser Flickerman and Glimmer in The Hunger Games XD XD.
Personally, I think they should remake the first movie before they move on to the second. If the second one and all the others after that do turn out well, they're still going to have the awful first movie ruining the entire series.
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:58 pm

so who is giving the sea of monsters a second chance? Let me know what you thought of it!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:26 am

I plan on going to see it next week Smile I'll let you know what I think of it.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 am

I saw it last night!

As a movie itself, it was pretty good. The actors worked with what they had, even though most of the dialog was a bit stilted. And some of my favorite scenes from the book were missing. Actually, half of the book was missing, and some parts from other books were added in.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 am

I saw the movie, and it wasn't too bad. I can't really say if it was close to the book or not because it's been so long since I read the book that I've forgotten most of it, but this one definitely seemed closer than the first movie, and was just an all-around better movie.

I also think most of the acting wasn't bad, especially Tyson. He was great!

I really don't like the actress who plays Annabeth, though. She just isn't right for that character.

Overall it wasn't a bad movie, and it was much better than the awful first movie, but I feel like it still lacks the humor and fun feel of the books, and to me that's really what made the books special.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Eurgh. Can you guys elaborate on which parts were left out and added in? Smile
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Almost all of the book was left out. Like, the basic plot was the same: go to the sea of monsters, find Luke, get the fleece, fight the cyclops, save Thalia; but most of the actual events that happened were different from the book. And they missed the golden opportunity to turn Percy into a hamster or whatever it was.

There are lots of parts that were just altered from what actually happened in the book, like Luke had a yacht , not a cruise boat, and they went to a demigod-friendly coffee shop instead of a monster infested one.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 pm

So I went and saw Sea of Monsters this afternoon and...
I thought it was all right, but there was some problems I had with it(ESPECIALLY THE ENDING! SOO WRONG!).

Pros
Nathan Fillion(Hermes) and Anthony Stewart Head(Chiron) were really good in the small parts they were in. I also liked the actor playing Tyson, he did a good job and I felt he was accurate. It was pretty funny and I liked the music, especially that one at the beginning where Percy and Clarisse were climbing that spinning, wipe-out looking thing. Oh, and the scene where it shows the little kids coming to Camp Half-Blood was pretty well done too. And the very ending was like it was in the book, which was good(not the climax, though).

Cons
However, there were several bad things about it as well.
Like, THE CLIMAX! That wasn't supposed to HAPPEN! Razz And it wasn't even that cool.
Also, I was very disappointed in Annabeth in this movie- in the book and even in the earlier film, she was awesome, but in this movie she's shunted to a girl who can't fight all that well and yells Percy's name when he's in danger instead of actually doing something to help Razz. Annabeth from the book wouldn't have done that. At all.
And Clarisse was very out of character later on, which was a disappointment. Also, how Percy was SO heroic was really annoying(it was that way in the book at times, but at least there it's endearing and awesome instead of cringe-worthy). Plus, it kept trying to be sentimental, but it just didn't manage it.
Plus, they left out the hamster/guinea pig thing :(

Overall, it was an enjoyable movie, but it could have been so much more.
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

Location : Sinnoh, Hoenn, Kanto, Johto, The North Pole Watertribe, The South Pole Watertribe, The Fire Nation, The Earth Kingdom, and Republic City, battling other Pokemon trainers.

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Ditto to what my sister said.

~May
Back to top Go down
http://actor-writer-dreamer.blogspot.com
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 pm

So, has anyone read House of Hades yet? I'm almost finished.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:35 am

I haven't yet, but I have placed the book on hold so I'll hopefully be able to get to it soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:29 pm

HOW IS IT SO FAR? Very Happy

I'm like 34th in line XD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm way behind (I still need to read Mark of Athena) but I've heard great things about this one and there is one thing in particular that was spoiled for me, but I'm ok with that because it actually really sparked my interest and made me want to read the book even more Very Happy I'm really excited to catch up! I've missed Riordan's writing! He's wonderful!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:17 pm

I agree, DSK, I believe I saw the same spoiler and it made me really excited for the book! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 am

I think I know which spoiler you're talking about... it's all over the internet.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:35 pm

shaak ti wrote:
I think I know which spoiler you're talking about... it's all over the internet.

Spoiler:
Yep, that was the spoiler! Smile And wow, what a wonderful comment! Smile Very Happy. Very impressed!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Yes, that was it! I completely agree, Riordan said that perfectly! I agree, my respect for him has doubled.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:21 pm

I don't know the spoiler so I shall avoid PJaTO related other sites O__________________o
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Yes, stay away! It's every where, and practically impossible to avoid. I found out about a week before the book came out...
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:05 am

I finished House Of Hades!

It was good! Not as good as Mark Of Athena but I still really liked it! Im going to cry when the next book comes out. lol
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm glad you liked it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)   Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rick Riordan books topic!(originaly Percy Jackson topic)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next