Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obi-Wan and Satine

Go down 
+5
jedigirl1990
Starwarsartist
SnipsSkywalker
Kayla
Duchess Satine Kenobi
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
Ok, so you know that new book that's coming out, Kenobi? Well there is a Satine mention in it!!! :DIf I am correct, this marks the first time Satine has been mentioned in the books! I'm not going to read Kenobi and I'm not interested in the books, but I still think that this is cool! :DIf they ever do make a book or comic about Satine and Obi-Wan, I would definitely read it, though! It would be great to hear more about their time on the run and everything!

So the reference is this: Obi-Wan is talking about why he chose the name "Ben" while on Tatooine, and then he says "Satine used to call me that; it was a private thing. I like the sound of it." Very Happy:D:DThat actually was going to be included in an episode of TCW, with Satine calling him Ben, which I find interesting Smile

Also another cool thing is that JAT does the audio version of that book! :)I listened to a clip of it, he does an excellent job, as always!

I'm not planning on reading this book, but if anyone does, let me know how it is! I wonder if there are more Satine references in it! I hope so! Smile
He's not actually doing the audio book, boo. He just read a segment for either fun or publicity for the book, someone else is doing the whole thing. Razz
Ah, my bad! Well it was still nice to hear him as Obi-Wan again!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Oh my goodness!!!!!! That is SO sweet and awesome about Satine calling Obi-Wan 'Ben'!!! Aww, I love that!!!! I love it!! It makes 'A New Hope' so much more special to me now!! XDDD That's so cool!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:33 pm

I heard about that too and I agree its awesome. I haven't decided whether or not I want to read the book I did like the bit JAT read and if he did the whole thing in audio I would of definitly gotten it but I may end up reading it and if I do I will let you know DSK Very Happy

I got to say I at first wasn't much of an obitine fan since I loved obiwan and siri but after watching clone war reruns this summer I do really like satine and I do like them together and I definitly cried the last episode they were in together so obitine is definitly growing on me more and more lol
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 pm

I'm glad it's growing on you!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the book if you read it. I'm also glad it's growing on you! Very Happy They are so sweet together, but it's so tragic!!!

I'm glad you liked it Kayla! I agree! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I own the book and I think there's more than one Satine mention in it but I can't remember. It's pretty good though, even if I haven't finished it yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Really? Very Happy Ok that makes me want to read it now!!! I'll have to see if they have it at my library!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:35 pm

I know I've already shared this, but I'm posting it again simply because it is the most amazing Obitine video I've seen. Everything about it is perfect, and the editing is fantastic! Every time I hear this song now it reminds me of Obi-Wan and Satine Smile

Rewatch and enjoy! Smile

Long live Obitine!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm resurrecting this topic to bring you Satine in armor! Someone posted this concept art to Anna Graves's twitter, and wow, I really wish we had gotten to see this in an episode! The armor totally suits Satine. I'm extremely curious to know the story behind it, though. Has anyone heard anything about this?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/18/38/42/78/screen10.png

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/18/38/42/78/screen11.png
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Devine Bovine! *waits for someone to get that*

That armor is awesome! I wonder if maybe TCW crew were going in a particular direction like Satine defending Mandalore, but the script got changed so they had to scrap the armor (so to speak).
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Giphy

Yeah, that makes sense! Man, it would have been so cool to see!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm

So, if you've seen my theory about who Rey is in the "Who is Rey" topic on here, then you know that I think that Rey is both Luke's daughter and Obi-Wan's granddaughter. My full theory is this:

allishmalli wrote:
Obi-Wan and Satine (before her death, obviously) ... um... broke the Jedi Code. Satine has a baby girl nine months later and she gives the baby to Galen Erso to raise (parallel to Padmé "giving" Leia to Bail Organa). This is Jyn Erso. Jyn then is in RO and presumably doesn't die while getting the Death Star plans. Some time after ANH (more probably if after RotJ), Jyn and Luke meet. She's all like "I got the plans to the Death Star" and he's all like "What a coinkydink, I blew up the Death Star. Wanna have coffee?" More time passes and Jyn gives birth to Rey, but at that time Luke is somewhere training Kylo Ben and the other Jedi and never really meets her, though Kylo Ben might know that she exists. Meanwhile, Jyn starts raising Rey by herself and doesn't really tell her about her father either for her protection or maybe Jyn and Luke had a bitter divorce or something. A couple years later, Jyn receives word that Kylo Ben is killing the Jedi. Jyn, wanting to protect her force-sensitve daughter, leaves her on Jakku so she can find Luke so he can protect Rey. Jyn is killed by Kylo Ben (or one of his Knights of Ren) before she can tell Luke where his daughter is and Luke assumes that Rey was killed as well. But obviously, she didn't die and that's why in the script for TFA, it says that Luke is "amazed and conflicted" when he sees Rey... and there ya go!

Boom, connected about 55 years of SW history in one speculative paragraph.

So, I've been wondering about the whole Obi-Wan/Satine part for about... 30 seconds, and the thought occurred to me: could that have actually happened? I know that other people on the internet who subscribe to the Obi-Wan-is-Rey's-Grandfather theory have suggested that Obi-Wan might have... um... broken the Jedi Code (with someone we don't know about yet)... after bringing Luke to Tatooine.

I'm not so inclined to believe this, but it's a good fall-back in case if it isn't possible for Obi-Wan and Satine to have... um... broken the Jedi Code, for Satine to have been pregnant for 9 months, to have a secret baby, to give up said secret baby (whether if it's Jyn or not), and to lose all of her baby-wieght... all before Maul and Death Watch come in and kill her.

I still subscribe to my theory, but you have to admit that it's a tad bit far-fetched on that end of the theory since it requires a lot of ifs.

So, I decided to bring back this topic in order to ask this question: Even if you don't subscribe to my theory, do you think that it's possible on the Obi-Wan/Satine end of it?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 4:53 pm

I think it's possible. If I've got my timeline right, the Clone Wars lasted about 3 years. If we assume the Mandalore arc from season 2 took place sometime in the first year of Clone Wars, and we assume they "broke code" somewhere around that time, it would be possible for Satine to have been pregnant for 9 months and then had her child and lost the baby weight by the time Maul took over Mandalore, which I would guess is sometime towards the end of the war.

The only thing that gets in the way for me is the question of whether or not this is in character for them. I've always thought of Obi-Wan as asexual, and even if he and Satine wanted to break code, they are both pretty devoted to their causes. It seems to me that GL's intention in introducing the character of Satine was to show how Obi-Wan is different from Anakin in how he didn't break code.

But on the other hand, even if they did break code it still shows how Obi-Wan is different from Anakin because Obi-Wan didn't let his love for Satine become an obsession. It even ties in morally with how I think we as the viewers are led to feel about the prequel-era Jedi: that the no attachments rule is wrong and it is ok to love someone, but it is important not to let the love become an obsession, like Anakin's was. Plus the thematic implications of Rey being a descendent of both the Kenobis and the Skywalkers is just too awesome. Then to top it all off, I am a die-hard Obitine shipper and this would fulfill every single one of my shipping dreams.

So yeah, even if I had my doubts at first, I am 200% on board with this theory.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I think it's possible. If I've got my timeline right, the Clone Wars lasted about 3 years. If we assume the Mandalore arc from season 2 took place sometime in the first year of Clone Wars, and we assume they "broke code" somewhere around that time, it would be possible for Satine to have been pregnant for 9 months and then had her child and lost the baby weight by the time Maul took over Mandalore, which I would guess is sometime towards the end of the war.

Okay, that sounds right.

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
The only thing that gets in the way for me is the question of whether or not this is in character for them. I've always thought of Obi-Wan as asexual, and even if he and Satine wanted to break code, they are both pretty devoted to their causes. It seems to me that GL's intention in introducing the character of Satine was to show how Obi-Wan is different from Anakin in how he didn't break code.

But on the other hand, even if they did break code it still shows how Obi-Wan is different from Anakin because Obi-Wan didn't let his love for Satine become an obsession. It even ties in morally with how I think we as the viewers are led to feel about the prequel-era Jedi: that the no attachments rule is wrong and it is ok to love someone, but it is important not to let the love become an obsession, like Anakin's was. Plus the thematic implications of Rey being a descendent of both the Kenobis and the Skywalkers is just too awesome. Then to top it all off, I am a die-hard Obitine shipper and this would fulfill every single one of my shipping dreams.

So yeah, even if I had my doubts at first, I am 200% on board with this theory.

I concur with you 200% Wink

Anyone else want to weigh in?
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:40 am

Hey, I've sort of come up with a new theory on this whole "Rey is related to Obi-Wan and Anakin" thing I've got going here.

What if Obi-Wan and Satine... um... broke the Jedi Code before the Clone Wars?

And what if we've actually seen their child already?

What if that child is none other than Korkie?

I know, some of y'all are skeptical, but hear me out. Btw, my computer is trying to autocorrect the name "Korkie" with "Kookie" for some reason, so if you see Kookie, my apologies.

Now, I'm going to assume that Satine is the same age as Obi-Wan, and Korkie is the same age as Ahsoka. I know it's not a good idea to make assumptions, but I'm gonna have to since we don't have the official ages of these characters (at least not on Wookieepedia).

If Korkie is the same age as Ahsoka (which is plausible since they look about the same age and the Jedi Council might not send Ahsoka if she was significantly younger than the people she was teaching), then if you do the math, Korkie would have been born when Obi-Wan (and Satine in this case) was 21. The events of TPM took place when Obi-Wan was 25. In every Wookieepedia article I've read that mention Obi-Wan's first trip to Mandalore, none of them mention an exact date. They say "Prior to" or "At some point between 44 and 32 BBY", which could totally mean that Obi-Wan was 20-21 when he was on Mandalore.

In ways, that makes more sense than Obi-Wan and Satine breaking the Jedi Code during TCW since Obi-Wan and Satine are older, know better, are more committed to their jobs, and would be less likely to cross that line. Plus, having that kind of a relationship at a younger age parallels more with Anakin and Padmé and shows how it differed.

My theory is that Satine got pregnant, her younger brother, who I will assume was married at the time, took it upon himself to raise Korkie in order to avoid scandal. They hid the pregnancy for 9 months and announced to the public that his wife gave birth. "Keeping it in the family" makes a lot of sense, since trying to find an adoptive family would probably get pretty sketchy since they'd be trying not to let anyone know of Korkie's true parentage.

So, this does sort of change up how Obi-Wan is related to Rey since the generations don't exactly match up anymore. Korkie would've been 51 when Rey was born, which is possible but not likely since most people in the SW universe have kids at at younger age. Obi-Wan would be her great-grandfather in this case and not her grandfather.

I'm not shutting down the idea that Obi-Wan and Satine could've had a kid during TCW, I just think this is another explanation of how Obi-Wan is related to Rey. I will just say that really any theory involving Obi-Wan and Satine is going to require some retcon since TCW crew didn't know that TFA was ever going to exist.

What do y'all think? Anything to add? Anything wrong with my theory?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Oh I like this a lot! To be honest a part of me always kind of wondered if Korkie was secretly Satine's child. I think it would make a lot of sense and the timelines add up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Satine   Obi-Wan and Satine - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obi-Wan and Satine
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6