Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doctor Who

Go down 
+22
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Hannakin
Darth Tromeros
Starwarsartist
Arda_Ancalima
GeneralSnips
Spidey_Timey_Skygirl
Pinksaber13
kandykan
shaak ti
jedispork
Kayla
Amaranthine
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
sokafan4ever
SnipsSkywalker
Aay'liah
Padme's Japor Snippet
Jedi~Chick
sarahthegeek
JediKnightGirl
Ashley Amidala
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Doctor Who - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm also glad the new Doctor is going to be older this time around; I believe he'll be able to perform the ancientness and the torture of the character, as well as the fun side, and the more I hear, the more excited I am. Very Happy

Same here, this will be my first regeneration real-time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 am

I'm not sure how I feel about the 12th Doctor (eww its so weird saying that...) But I'm willing to give him a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 am

That's good, G4G! I think everyone should at least give him a chance, yes, because when I gave 9 a chance, I loved him! (10 and 11 were both in a way my first doctors, though 10 was actually the first)
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Has anyone here seen the Doctor Who movie with the 8th Doctor? I saw it tonight and I absolutely loved it! Very Happy I really like 8, I wish we'd gotten to see more of him!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 am

I haven't, but I really need to at some point.
I also want to see the Five Doctors film
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 am

I haven't seen it either. Is it on Netflix?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm not sure if it is on instant, but the DVD of it is on Netflix.

It's been coming on BBC some recently because they've been doing the doctors revisited thing, so if you have BBC you may want to check your guide because it could come on there.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:25 pm

So, who watched the 50th Anniversary special?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Location : Gallifery... Naboo... New York? Fine... Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TWICE
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:34 pm

I saw it!! I loved it!! I also got to catch up on the other 7 episodes from season 7 that I missed so my brother and I literally watched Doctor Who almost all day.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Yes! It was amazing! It was really fun to see the 3 Doctors interacting with each other, and it was so cool seeing David as 10 again!

Spideyyyy!!! You're back!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:17 pm

I watched the Doctor Who anniversary last night(and this morning) and I loved it!! :DThe climax scene made me nearly scream, it was sooo cool!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm glad everyone liked it! Smile

Who is excited for Christmas?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am

I am! Very Happy Can't wait to see Peter Capaldi as the Doctor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Same here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Yes! But I'm going to miss Matt!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:41 pm

So, who watched the Christmas episode?

WARNING: Angry rant. Don't read if you like Moffat.

I was very disappointed. Besides the last five minutes or so, which were good, the episode was confusing, full of plot holes, full of stupid sex jokes, and full of poor writing for female characters.

I am so sick of Moffat. I want him to leave. He's sexist and treats sexual assault like a joke, he makes fun of people with mental illnesses, his episodes are full of plot holes, The Doctor is very out of character a lot of the time (I love 11 and I think Matt Smith is a great actor, but I don't like the way Moffat writes him), and don't even get me started on River Song. I don't expect the show to be perfect, and I hate being that negative person, but honestly, I'm trying really hard to find something I like about these most recent epsiodes. I could go on for hours about this, but I'll spare everyone.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:15 pm

I agree, I feel the same about Moffat- his writing has always made me uncomfortable, plus his stories often lack agency/sense of real danger; like, they don't make me sad and they don't excite me as much(a couple did, namely Vincent and the Doctor and A Christmas Carol and the two with Craig were funny), and, like you said, the Doctor acts out of character a lot(the Doctor wouldn't be sexist). Also, I am getting a bit tired of EVERY woman falling for the Doctor(I loved him with Rose, since it worked, and Martha having an unrequited crush on him was fine too, since these two were followed by Donna, who didn't like him romantically; but it's kind of went over board, since not every person is going to be attracted to him- I know I'm personally not and I'd just want to be friends with him). And I agree, I don't really care for River either(she messes up one of my OTPs, for one thing).
(And yes, I do know that Moffat didn't write every episode).

However, I did enjoy the last five minutes and I'm looking forward to Capaldi as the Doctor, since having an older actor in the role will definitely be a nice change of pace for the show(hopefully we'll get a female Doctor soon!).
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:20 pm

I can see what you mean; I have generally low expectations for TV shows and movies in general, so to me they were "okay". (Basically, I go into things thinking, well this probably won't be INCREDIBLY AWESOME, and then if I'm pleasantly surprised that it was great then yay!) Which was rather disappointing considering I love 11 so much and I've really liked Clara too (only since recently Cruz that's when I caught up)
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm glad you agree Shena! Yes, that's another thing that bugs me! I really don't like how every girl falls for the Doctor! (I was ok with Rose and Martha, for the reasons you gave. Plus, Rose and The Doctor are actually written well and show development, unlike the Doctor and River's relationship). It's unrealistic. I agree, I wouldn't be that way either (even though I do find him cute, I don't have a crush on him and wouldn't date him). I don't even view him and River as a couple Razz To me, their "relationship" is just that River has an unhealthy obsession with The Doctor (seriously, everything about her character revolves around him; that's just sad) and he feels sorry for her so he "married' her. I don't blame River, though. It's not her fault she's been written so poorly.

Yeah, that's a good idea Blue. I try to do that too.

Ok, enough with the negative. I am excited for Peter Capaldi! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:09 am

Glad you agree! And yes, The Doctor and Rose were written sooo well! Very Happy(and I also agree about the whole River Song plot-line).
And yes, I am very excited for Peter Capaldi!! Very Happy I've seen his acting and he's really good, so I believe he'll be as good as Nine and Ten, which I'm excited about seeing! Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:18 pm

Same here! I'm glad you agree too!

I totally agree! He looks awesome and I'm really glad they went with an older Doctor (maybe now less people will be having crushes on him).
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks! Smile

Great! Very Happy I agree, I think the same! Yes, it will be SO NICE not having all the girls falling in love with him all the time(even though I think he looks better than Matt Smith, personally....but that's just me).
I wonder how he and Clara will interact and how their relationship will be.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Yeah! I hope that he and Clara have a more father-daughter relationship. It would be really nice to see!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:59 pm

I agree with most of what you guys have said, especially the sexist stuff and I too am tired of every girl falling all over the Doctor. IDK why they would have Clara reveal that she likes the Doctor in Eleven's very last episode when she's never going to get with him now. (I personally don't see any chemistry between them, if Clara hadn't said anything, I never would have guessed that she liked him. What I liked about Rose and the Doctor is that actions spoke louder than words.) That whole thing was pointless and I was disappointed in the Christmas special.

I do like River though. Yeah, it was sad that her entire character was centered around the Doctor, but I do think he genuinely loved her. Plus they clearly did have chemistry. That's my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: Life and Stuff-
Jump to: