Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master

Go down 
+5
allishmalli
Bluesaber3
Starwarsartist
jedigirl1990
Padme's Japor Snippet
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Hehe, I like it. Smile

Starwarsartist wrote:
They didn't make him a Master because they were afraid of his power. If he was a Master, he would have been nearly unstoppable by the Council.

I don't think it was so much that they were afraid of his power. I think that's why ANAKIN thought it was. But making someone a Master doesn't automatically make someone more powerful. I think it was more that they didn't trust him and/or they didn't like how close he was with the Chancellor. Or maybe even because of that. Of course, I do think that's why they let him on the Council. That, and they could probably keep a closer eye on him then.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:35 am

Exactly i think they allowed him (remeber none of them were happy for allowing him to be on the council) on the council because
1. the chancellor wanted him on the council so to allow the chancellor to think he held some power over the jedi would be benificial to their plans of having anakin spy on him without alot of distrust
2. like you said they wanted him to spy on the chancellor so they knew that was a huge risk so they also knew they needed to keep a sharper eye on anakin so they granted him permission to be on the council

Reaons behind not making him a master were in my opinon
1. Though i don't think power was a big part of it it definitly did play some part in it a master is granted alot more privalages like access to the jedi achives which anakin could definitly use to gain power (remember he wanted to be granted a master so he could gain access to the achrives and learn how to save padme according to the novel)

2. though they wanted chancellor to thlnk he held power over them they didn't want him to make all decisions for the counicl so yes they granted anakin permission to be on the council but not to be a master (they still kept that power)

3. They probably like was mentioned didn't completly trust anakin especially with the chancellor so why give him even more power. and simply they didn't think he was ready it might even look bad to other jedi kngihts wanted to be granted master rank
"oh they made anakin a master despite him being ready yet they won't make me one he gets everything b/c hes the chosen one blah blah blah Smile )
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:54 am

Or maybe he wasn't made a master because he never trained a Padawan to knighthood... meaning.............................................................
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:57 am

DON'T SAY THAT HEHE
that could definitly be it too he simply wasn't ready to be a master he didn't earn the title and they definitly were not going to ignore that fact just because the chancellor wanted them to
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:03 am

That could be too. But Anakin seemed really surprised that they didn't make him a master, meaning he didn't know of a reason why they wouldn't, except for not trusting him. But there may have been masters thatnever trained a padawan, so I think we STILL are lost on THAT front. Lol
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:25 am

well part of the reason he seemed really surprised was the general order was only jedi masters made the council so when he was granted a seat on the council he was expecting that meant rank of master because that was what usually happened there were no knights on the council

i'm sure there are other ways of becoming a master since many knights don't take on padawans but considering he was just made a knight like 3 years before that they definitly didn't think he had yet earned rank of master
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:53 am

The fact that Anakin is not a Master in ROTS almost certainly means that something has happened to Ahsoka by then. It's kinda a glaring fact. :(
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:57 am

:(
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:12 pm

all it means is that anakin doesn't train her to knighthood considering shes around 16 and there isn't that many years between Aotc and rots means shes most likely not old enough or near ready to be a knight when rots takes place

but a number of things could happen to prevent him from completing her training
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Yeah
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:10 pm

That's true. No matter what, I don't think Ahsoka would be a Knight by RotS. I think Padawans are usually in training with their Masters for about 10 years, so I highly doubt she'd become a Knight in two or three years. The 10 years probably wasn't required but I still think that's a lot of years difference, even during the war.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:47 pm

i agree i'm sure during war time the process is sped up but 3 or 4 years i highly doubt is enough to train any jedi to knighthood yes even one as talented as ahsoka so anakin not seeing through her training til knighthood is definitly not surprising to me
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4