Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master

Go down 
+5
allishmalli
Bluesaber3
Starwarsartist
jedigirl1990
Padme's Japor Snippet
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Empty
PostSubject: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Okay, as it says in the description, this debate started in the HE LIVES!!! thread about Darth Maul, but it deserves a topic of it's own. How are the ranks awarded to Jedi? This is what has been written so far concerning this topic, in the thread about Darth Maul's return:

(Some of it has Darth Maul stuff mixed in, as that was what we were SUPPOSED to be talking about- *cough coughI'mguiltycough* lol! And I have taken the liberty of adding different colors for different people as that is fun and pretty and helps distinguish who said what. Smile )

Padme's Japor Snippet said: Of course I don't totally regard the CW as part of the Star Wars story. *curls in ball so Ashoka fans can't hurt her* Me and my bro were like "Anakin never HAD a padawan!!" But now Ashoka is okay or cool...I like the NSNW of course. But this change at least gave everyone a new character, the first girl Jedi to ever get much screentime. Whereas Maul...well...you know how I feel about Maul already. XD

Starwarsartist said: The Clone Wars is actually G-Canon, which means it was okayed by George Lucas himself. It is part of the Star Wars story, which means that Anakin really did have a Padawan.

Padme's Japor Snippet said:I don't understand one thing abotu Ashoka though...I thought Jedi ranks went like this:

Padawan: You have a master
Jedi Knight: You don't have a master or a padawan
Jedi Master: You can now have padawans

And Anakin was never a master. Remember in RotS, when he said "How can they do this? Put me on the council and not make me a master." (close enough XD)

So, if I have this right, Anakin should not have had a padawan because he never achieved the rank of Jedi Master.

Starwarsartist said: PJS, Obi-Wan had just become a knight when he was given Anakin as a Padawan. You become a Master once your Padawan reaches Knighthood.

Ashley Amidala said: Exactly! Ahsoka, technically, should NEVER have been Anakin's padawan. This ruined ALL of the new Clone Codes for me.

Starwarsartist said: Like I said, you become a Master once your Padawan reaches Knighthood. So Anakin having a Padawan works out fine.

allishmalli said: Yeah! What bugs me though is that since Anakin isn't a Master in ROTS, this means that either:
1.) Ahsoka is still his Padawan and is just off on some mission by herself in the outer most part of the galaxy.
2.) Ahsoka (for some odd reason) got a new Master before ROTS.
3.) Ahsoka quit being a Jedi for some odd reason.
4.) Ahsoka... uh... d-i-e-s before ROTS.

Wait, I'm getting off subject. Um...

DIE, MAUL!!!

Padme's Japor Snippet said: But I thought Obi-Wan just got jumped up to Master because he needed to be able to train Anakin. If you look at the movies it contradicts that, because that meant until RotS, when Anakin was a Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan would not have been a Master. He would have become a Master between AotC and RotS- at the same time as Anakin became a Knight, which is offscreen (at least in the trilogies). Yet, in AotC, Obi-Wan is called Master by his Padawan. And even if you say "Well, he's not a Jedi Master, he's just Anakin's master, what about when he is introduced on Kamino? Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is how I remember him being introduced...if that is infact what was said, Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master BEFORE Anakin was a Knight, thus meaning that becoming a Master has nothing to do with your Padawan reaching Knighthood, but something else entirely.

You know what? This is a great debate and somehting I've wondered about, but I'm going to make a separate topic for it so we don't take over the Maul thread. XD

Bluesaber3 said: Don't they call all Jedi "Master Jedi"? I think it's a proper term for anyone outside the Jedi Order.

So, let it begin! Very Happy

PJS

P.S. Please keep this debate friendly! It's okay to disagree with someone, but please speak type to each other nicely so we can all have fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pjswritingobsessed.blogspot.com/
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I agree with Bluesaber3 i believe master jedi is a term anyone not in the jedi order uses to address a jedi in general,even in the episode voyage of temptation obiwan refers to anakin as "Master skywalker" (remember in Rots even one of the younglings refer to anakin as Master skywalker) Jedi Knights have padawans and once a padawan reaches knighthood the master is granted "master" status. Obiwan was able to skip the trials (that must be passed to go from padawan to knight) due to his dueling with maul
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah, I think Bluesaber was right. It is just a term for everyone (Knight and Master) in the Order. And, Obi-Wan is a Jedi Master in the Clone Wars series. Sorry, but the TCW outranks the EU!
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
Yeah, I think Bluesaber was right. It is just a term for everyone (Knight and Master) in the Order. And, Obi-Wan is a Jedi Master in the Clone Wars series. Sorry, but the TCW outranks the EU!

Totally agree
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 pm

CW totally outranks EU!!!! :DDDDD

Doesn't someone even call Ahsoka "Master Jedi" one time? I don't remember where, someone help me XD
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Guys, I found it on Wookieepedia! This debate is over!! XDDD

"Following successfully training a Padawan to knighthood, the High Council would consider raising the Knight to the rank of Jedi Master; though this was not always the case." Read the rest here.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Bluesaber3 wrote:
CW totally outranks EU!!!! :DDDDD

Doesn't someone even call Ahsoka "Master Jedi" one time? I don't remember where, someone help me XD

Its funny that you mention that. I recall someone calling her that too but i don't remember where I thought maybe it was during the episode "the Academy" i skipped through it on the web and didn't hear anything however at the end the Dutchess Nephew does refer to her as a jedi knight but i thought for sure someone called her a Master Jedi i don't know where though lol thats going to drive me crazy now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 pm

I'll figure it out Wink (p.s. READ MY OTHER POST Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Bluesaber3 wrote:
Guys, I found it on Wookieepedia! This debate is over!! XDDD

"Following successfully training a Padawan to knighthood, the High Council would consider raising the Knight to the rank of Jedi Master; though this was not always the case." Read the rest here.

I was going to mention that too but some may argue that wookieepedia is not a "legit" source anyone can edit it but in this case i'm sure they are right but just pointing that out
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Mmh, true, but you have to remember that most of the stuff on there also has sources outside the movies/CW that we might not know about. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Of course that means I'm going against my "CW totally outranks EU" XDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Bluesaber3 wrote:
Mmh, true, but you have to remember that most of the stuff on there also has sources outside the movies/CW that we might not know about. Wink

thats a good point too
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Bluesaber3 wrote:
Of course that means I'm going against my "CW totally outranks EU" XDDDDDDD

haha thats true too
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:38 pm

XDD
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:39 pm

oh and found it the prime minister in Academy towards the end when she turns in the cadets as traitors addresses her as master jedi yay mystery solved i had a feeling it was that episode just wasn't sure where
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Ahhh yeah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I don't necessarily trust wookiepedia, because of it's nature.

Is George Lucas in charge of the EU? Like, he has to allow everything, like Mara, Anakin Solo, and everything else?

I never mentioned EU; in fact, I do not know much about EU. I was talking about in AotC. Smile Don't know if that comment was directed towards me or not anyway, lol.

Ah, I had forgotten about the younglings calling Anakin "Master Skywalker." Good point.

Doesn't anyone on the council call Obi-Wan "Master Kenobi" prior to RotS?
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:28 pm

The Council has called Anakin "Master Skywalker" before and he's obviously not a master technically. (at least i think....)
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Palpatine does in AOTC when recommending that she should be protected by Obi-Wan and Anakin. He says, "I realize that your too well that additional security might be disruptive for you, but perhaps someone your familiar with. An old friend like Master Kenobi."
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Probably because Knight Kenobi sounds wierd. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:36 pm

XDDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
Probably because Knight Kenobi sounds wierd. Wink
Ha... good point, SWA!
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 pm

true and if you count it yoda calls obiwan "master obiwan" when talking to the younglings "Lost a planet master obiwan has"
Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Or because he's not on the council maybe?

I dunno...does anyone have any info straight from George Lucas? Lol, we might need it! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next