Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master

Go down 
+5
allishmalli
Bluesaber3
Starwarsartist
jedigirl1990
Padme's Japor Snippet
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm not sure I'm all for the Maul thing... but I'm kinda warming up to it. I think the initial "I hate it I hate it I hate it, it's stupid it's stupid it's stupid" is wearing off. I don't think he's going to stay alive and I'm anxious to see who get's rid of him the second time. I hope it's Obi-wan again. Smile It's kind of his right.

As far as the Lux/Ahsoka thing...still not warming up to it... but Ahsoka won't leave the Order for a boy, so I'm okay with it...
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:13 pm

AlynaJoe13 wrote:
but Ahsoka won't leave the Order for a boy...

And I'm SOOOO glad!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:27 pm

YES. SO GLAD.
Back to top Go down
JediKnightGirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
JediKnightGirl

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:40 pm

AlynaJoe13 wrote:
I think the initial "I hate it I hate it I hate it, it's stupid it's stupid it's stupid" is wearing off.

I'm still very much in that stage, in which I shall remain until proven otherwise that I have a reason to change. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://adreamersgalaxy.blogspot.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:05 pm

And so now the Maul topic has migrated over here, instead of the other infesting it's board. XD Ah well, this convo is pretty much over anyway, I suppose. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pjswritingobsessed.blogspot.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:56 pm

xD
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Haha, with both me and Blue over here, the conversation was pretty much doomed anyway... haha

But I do have one thing I've always wondered. Where does the Admiral rank stand? Is it below General but above Commander or below both or do any Jedi (Knight or Padawan) outrank him? I know his authority only applies to the ship, but on board, how do the ranks go?
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 am

I have no clue. xD
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:17 am

Err... neither do I Razz
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Well....at least I can ask good questions.. :-/ I'm gonna have to look that up cause now it's gonna bug me!
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Okay so I sort of skimmed this thread and idk if this debate is still going on but here's my two cents:

Padawans are Jedis-in-training who are old enough to have their own Master. The 'younglings' (oh how I dislike that term) are the Jedi-in-training who aren't old enough to have their own master so they still train at the temple in "classes" (like we see in that one scene in AotC).

A Jedi Knight is any Jedi who has passed his or her trials and is no longer a Padawan. And Masters are the Jedi Knights who are on the Council; from what I understand you are only allowed to take the official title of "Master" if you are on the Council.

Obviously, many Jedi are called "master" by their Padawans (and others) but I think that's generally used more as a term of respect (similar to "teacher" or "sensei") than as an actual title.

And I would assume that military titles follow the same command structure as they do in the real world, i.e. on a ship the Admiral is the highest ranking officer whereas a General is the highest ranking officer in the army. And I believe that Jedi do outrank all the soldiers, but generally they would default to the officer in charge of the ship or whatever (i.e., because Tarkin was commander of the Death star in ANH, he had control over Vader despite Vader technically outranking him).

Because most of the armies in SW are stationed on spaceships (and the universe has a heavy reliance on space fleets), most of the titles and rankings you hear are naval ranks, i.e. Admiral, Commander, Captain, etc. There are a few exceptions (such as the clone army and General Veers from ESB, who is general of the army and not part of the Imperial navy) but generally most of the officers are naval officers.

/the more you know ~~~*
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Sarah, Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master and he wasn't on the Council. This is more what I was thinking.

Padawan: A Jedi Initiate that is old enough to have his or her own Master, who is either a Jedi Knight, or a Jedi Master who has already had a Padawan.

Knight: A Jedi who has passed the trials and loses the status of Padawan. He can now take a Padawan of his own.

Master: A Knight who has trained a Padawan to Knight status then becomes a Master. Some Jedi can become Masters without having have trained a Padawan.

Council: The top twelve members of the Jedi Order who are normally Masters.
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:25 pm

I think that just about sums it up, SWA Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 am

Mm hm! It's pretty simple, if you think about it really xD
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:30 am

Oh yeah, you're right. derp, it was late last night when I posted that. I know that you can't be on the Council unless you're a Master, and somehow my brain switched it around to "you can't be a Master unless you're on the council."

And you summed it up a lot more succinctly than I did. /has a tendency for tl;dr
Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, Anakin was on the council and not a master. XD Special!
Back to top Go down
http://pjswritingobsessed.blogspot.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Yep! xD
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:57 am

yes but they basically did that to shut up the chancellor and probably allow him to think he had control and they wanted anakin to spy on him so it worked out for them but as with many things concering anakin it was a "special case"
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 pm

jedigirl1990 wrote:
yes but they basically did that to shut up the chancellor and probably allow him to think he had control and they wanted anakin to spy on him so it worked out for them but as with many things concering anakin it was a "special case"

Yeah, cause remember how angry Anakin was to hear they wouldn't make him a Master? I think that was completely unheard of and that's why he was so insulted. But obviously Anakin was indeed a "special case".
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:43 pm

They didn't make him a Master because they were afraid of his power. If he was a Master, he would have been nearly unstoppable by the Council.
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Yeah, I just watched RotS last night and he said something about it was unheard of to be on the Council and to not be a Master. Like jedigirl said, they basically did that to shut Palpatine up.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:42 pm

That sounds so funny. "Chancellor, SHUT UP." xD
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm

i know hehehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master   Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi Ranks: Padawan, Knight and Master
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next