Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord of the Rings

Go down 
+16
JediKnightGirl
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Rex'sgirl
Voronda Elda-Aranel
Padme's Japor Snippet
AndrieeJainaSolo
<3Gabby<3
jedidreamer
sarahthegeek
Obi-Wan's Padawan
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Arda_Ancalima
Jedi~Chick
Admin
futurejedigirl0202
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings   Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 3:47 pm

I can help a bit! Warning, lots of random obscure facts below - read at your own risk. Sorry for totally nerding out here. Razz And since I haven't done a lot of LotR/Silmarillion reading for a while I may be a bit off.

"They were both really good and epic! They seem unusual to me because they have like 1000000000000 battles throughout and it seems more like a continual narrative instead of a single conflict and resolution throughout."

First of all, really glad you enjoyed them! Very Happy Yeah, I'd say the overall conflict is Sauron is trying to take over Middle-Earth and everyone is trying to stop him, through defending the lands of the free peoples and destroying the Ring.

"Also, I get confused. XD In The Two Towers, why does everybody want to attack Rohan? If Rohan is such a giant country, why doesn't it have an army(and why is its capital city like a mountain with 10 houses) Why attack Rohan first?"

Saruman's home base is Isengard (in Rohan), so while Sauron is focusing on Gondor he can attack there. I can't say for sure the motivation but guessing it's just conquering more of M-E or destroying them before they can go help Gondor. I think most of their army was with Eomer (which is why they didn't show up until the end of the battle of Helm's Deep) because they have a whole army together in Return of the King. As for why it's first, maybe Saruman was just ready first? Razz I don't know. But Sauron's guys had been attacking Osgiliath, on the outskirts of Gondor, for quite a while. And the main characters got to Rohan first and the focus is on them so maybe that's it. XD

"Where did Arwen go with the cloak and lanterns? Why was it such a big deal that she leave Aragorn and go there? Couldn't she come back and visit? XD"

She was going to sail from Middle-Earth to the Undying Lands, a place where only elves can go. Middle-Earth was kind of falling apart at that point and a bunch of elves were leaving. Also...
Ok, Arwen can decide whether to be immortal or mortal (same with Elrond and his kids - long story behind that). If she stays with Aragorn she will eventually die, if she leaves she will live forever. I don't remember the logistics of the Undying Lands (Valinor) but there's a lot of special stuff there so maybe there's a reason for why people don't come back. That's probably covered in The Silmarillion.

"Do elves live for ever and if they live forever and keep having babies how do they not overrun the earth(or middle earth XD0"

They can die in battle or of a broken heart, but otherwise they'll live forever. I seem to remember reading that elves just don't have a lot of kids and this guy Feanor who had seven sons had more kids than most elves but I can't remember for sure about that. I also think elves stay pregnant for a year rather than 9 months - maybe they just don't like being pregnant that much?

Geez this is really long sorry I just love LotR and explaining this stuff to people but you're just watching the movies for the first time and probably don't care that much sorry this is what happens when I start talking about something like this... pale

But yeah...glad you liked them and Aragorn and Legolas are awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings   Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 4:07 pm

That makes lots of sense Arda!! I feel informed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings   Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Great answers, Arda, I knew you'd know them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings   Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks Arda! Very Happy I feel like the whole world is a lot to take in in two hours and I probably should have read the books first. XD I understand it more! Very Happy I didn't catch the part about Valinor in the movie so when they mentioned it I was really confusedXD
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings   Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:38 am

XD Yay! I finished the trilogy! It was good!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings   Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:57 am

Ahahahahahahaha! XDDD Well I like it that way... xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings   Lord of the Rings - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6