Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody college age/applying to college?

Go down 
+18
Pinksaber13
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
jedispork
Asala Teron
Kayla
allishmalli
Duchess Satine Kenobi
futurejedigirl0202
Cia Klivian
AlynaJoe13
jedigirl1990
StarWarsForever
Leia Organa
Dancing with Anakin
Kat Kiele
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Amaranthine
sarahthegeek
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Thank you DSK! Very Happy Very Happy I agree I really like them Smile

Those are awesome colleges as well! Very Happy And your major/minor ideas are really good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Lillian~Skye

Lillian~Skye

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 am

I really want to major in communications or journalism, but I'm still not sure exactly where I want to go. I have a "reach school" but I'm still praying for the Lord's will and for him to show me the right place for me.
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlsintheforce.wordpress.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 pm

best of luck and lots of prayers lillian that you find the right place to help you reach your goals. I am sure wherever you go you will do fantastic.

I am currently (provided I pass all my classes) making the move from community college to an University to go for my bachelors though right now one of the classes I am not sure I passed (it was a half term class) so right now its all in the balance and stressing me out I just got my degree audit and am all set for graduation (A.A degree) if I pass this class
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Congratulations Jedigal! Hope it works out! Where do you want to transfer to? Smile

We'll be praying for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:18 pm

thanks I am going to go to UCF (University of Central Florida) since I am part of direct connect I get accepted automatically which is nice (i still need to apply) So i am all set pretty much except for this one class thanks for the prayers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 pm

I have a range of things I might want to go into. I would like a school in my state that has Journalism, Criminal Justice, Political Science, and Art (like the drawing/cartoon kind). That way, I could switch majors if I wanted to without switching schools and I wouldn't be too far away from home.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:41 pm

awesome allishmalli best of luck with your future plans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Yay!

JG, what is the subject of the class you are worried about?
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 pm

the bad thing is is its a simple class and an elective it was music and movement which should of been an easy A but I missed one of the assignments that was worth like 10% of my grade and I didn't do as well as I hoped on the final (the multiple choice section the other section hasn't been graded yet) so the fact that its an easy class and shouldn't have been a problem and I could of taken a lot easier class is what is frustrating me I just really hope I can pass it and graduate
Back to top Go down
Keirbott

Keirbott

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 pm

I don't know which college I want to go to, but I do know that I want it to be in either San Diego or San Francisco. Hopefully in San Diego because I just love that city so much. I'm just gonna tell you guys who are still in school, even though you've probably already heard this a thousand times already, you should really really do you're best while you're in school now and not let yourself get bad grades, because there's nothing quite so dissapointing as being told you can't get your diploma because you're missing 2 credits. Now I have to get my GED instead, ugh.
Back to top Go down
GenawullGweevus

GenawullGweevus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:24 pm

omg I would love to go to college and major in cinematography and graphic arts like Full Sail University is my DREAM COLLEGE but I'm so shoot poor no way I go to college, lol, nice to dream though.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 am

Does everybody know the difference between for-profit and regular institutions?

For-profit colleges are run by private businesses and are intended to make money. They are NOT the same as regular colleges like UC Berkely, University of North Carolina, University of Miami, Duke, Harvard, Yale, etc.

Most of the time, they're for adults who are ineligible to apply for the regular kind. I'm not sure how the application process works, except that most people probably get in because they usually have a lot of space and they want to make money. Surprised

Also, they don't give financial aid cause they want to make money. XD

I would beware of attending those colleges ESPECIALLY as a regular college applicant who is eligible to go to ANY of the hundreds of thousands of AMAZING, regular, non-profit colleges across America. Very Happy

You can find out if a college is for-profit or not on their Wikipedia page or website.

Oh, the reason I wrote all this is that Full Sail is a for-profit "university". GG, what do you like about Full Sail? I guarantee that almost ANY of the reasons are found at another GREAT college near you, and many regular colleges will give people with low income a lot of financial aid to make it affordable!
Back to top Go down
GenawullGweevus

GenawullGweevus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 am

i like Full Sail uni because they have a lot of focus on art stuff like graphic design and cinematography, and i like all those things, and i would like to major in them and stuff. The college i'm in now is not so big though, but Full sail as a graduate school would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 am

Ooh, where are you at now? Very Happy

I guess if you really really think that that's the college with the program you like best! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GenawullGweevus

GenawullGweevus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 am

it's an online thing called Thomas Edison State.

what I really want is Full Sail so maybe in a few years it could work out, i dunno!
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 am

Full Sail is a great college program but beware because like Amar said its a 'for profit school so if you ever wanted to transfer to another non profit college you may have problems. I knew several people who transfered from Full Sail to the community college i am at and they were having a hard time because none of the credits transferred. Full Sail focuses on the arts and not so much on academics so its great if you plan on staying there but just make sure its what you want completly before going

but it does sound like an awesome program and people who i talked to who did stay there loved it
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm sad because yesterday I got rejected from this great summer program I was applying to. But I did get accepted to this other program(one day in the spring) that I also really wanted to go to, so I'm glad about that.
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 pm

That's both sad and really really really awesome, respectively.

I'm really worried because applying to colleges is coming up and I have NO idea of what I want to do.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 am

Most people don't, Jedispork! You can do undecided or just pick something that sounds interesting! if you're homeschooled, you can start making a transcript of the curriculums/classes that you've been in. Just google "homeschool transcript" for ideas! The other thing you need to do is sign up for standardized tests! Either the SAT/ACT. It's not too late to sign up for the June test I think!

Sorry if you already knew this, I've been like obsessed with this lately so I like go off on the mention of college XD
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Actually, that was a lot of help, Amar! Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Do you know what subjects you like best in school, possible future careers, favorite colleges, etc? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Location : Gallifery... Naboo... New York? Fine... Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:11 pm

I've heard a lot of good things about having a scholarship from homeschooling or something like that...

I'm graduating next school year and I''m starting to look into that sort of thing. I want to get into art or Biotechnology. I think with my planned future I'd rather be an artist but I also working in Biotech would be great but I'm not sure if I could handle it all. I'd love to become an artist for Marvel, well Disney since they own Star Wars and Marvel I guess... But I don't know I like Biotech too... I do enjoy film photography and I do video edit...

Anyway... I'm trying to see if they'll be any schools I'd like to go to...
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:35 pm

There are definitely scholarships for homeschooled students! Definitely write up a transcript for your curriculum and register for the SAT/ACT if you haven't already. Very Happy

if you want to do art AND biotech, definitely look at a university rather than an art school(although there are some good ones in NorCal, which I'm assuming is where you live XD). Some colleges in California with Biotechnology degrees are UC Davis, Cal Poly Pomona, and Cal State Channel Islands! If you want to go to a Christian college, there are a lot of good ones in California as well!

I kind of want to be a college counselor or admissions officer. XD I'll practice on you guys XD
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:46 pm

SAT scores tomorrow! Very Happy :O
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:42 am

Yay! I got them back! I'm so happy! Thanks for praying for me, everybody! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody college age/applying to college?   Anybody college age/applying to college? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody college age/applying to college?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next