Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE

Go down 
+12
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Ahsoka Tano
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Bluesaber3
Starwarsartist
Hannakin
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
jedigirl1990
Pinksaber13
Arda_Ancalima
allishmalli
kandykan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Congratulations on your job! Smile The retreat sounds fun, and it is awesome that you are branching out socially!

I've been trying to do that as well. It's my senior year so I'm trying to spend as much time with my friends as I can before I go to college and we don't get to see each other as much.

I've been working on my art portfolio mostly, along with college stuff. It's been kind of stressful, but I'm making it through ok. My film class got to go to a film festival last week, which was really fun. We met some nice people in the industry and got to watch some good movies. This weekend is the state tournament for my academic team. I'm hoping we will end up in the top 3. There is a private school that is really hard to beat, so as much as I would like to get first I don't know how much that will happen. We will do well either way, though, and we will have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

That's great! c:

Fun!! Very Happy What kinds of things do you do for your portfolio? I hope your tournament goes well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:12 pm

You're welcome, and thank you! Smile

I'm actually (hopefully) doing two portfolios. One is drawing and painting and the other is 2D design (graphic design, photography, etc.). I'm working on my drawing and painting one now. For the portfolios you have to do 12 pieces of breadth, which is a variety of your works and shows sort of different styles that you do. Then you have 12 pieces for a concentration, which has a theme. The theme can be a certain subject, style, technique, etc. The breadth and concentration are submitted online, but there is also a part of the portfolio called quality, which is supposed to be your best work, and that work you actually mail to the people who judge the portfolios.

I've finished my breadth and am currently working on my concentration. It's a lot of work, but it is fun getting to explore different techniques and being able to improve my talents!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:16 pm

That's so cool!!! It sounds like a lot of fun. I like to draw, but I don't think I'd be able to do it enough to do that XDD Super awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks! Yeah it does take a long time. It's been a fun process, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 9:37 am

:3 What are you focusing on for your concentration?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:16 pm

I'm studying the style of Chuck Close. He's a very amazing artist! You can see some of his work here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Close#mediaviewer/File:Chuck_Close_2.jpg and here: https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lutc4yj1IB1r380buo1_500.jpg.

All of my pictures are going to be portraits of influential authors and though right now I am focusing on mimicking Chuck Close's style I hope to eventually take inspiration from his style to develop my own unique spin on it.

Last edited by Duchess Satine Kenobi on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

OOOHH WHOOAA THAT'S REALLY REALLY COOL O_O :000 I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE! :0 It's so cool!!!! 8D
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 pm

I think it's really cool too! His portraits are also HUGE! It's so amazing!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Very Happy It's super fantastic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:59 am

Ooh that's really cool! It must be awesome learning how to do such a unique style!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:56 pm

It is! It has helped me learn a lot about color.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 pm

How have you guys been lately?

I've been so busy! This week was really stressful. I was preparing for an art show and right in the middle of everything I got sick Razz Luckily I am feeling better now and everything is all ready to go to the show!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 10:00 am

I'm okay. School's fine (it's neither bad nor fantastic), though I am stuck here for another week without going home for a supply restock (and family-love restock... I'm hug deprived here) because of all the winter weather my hometown's getting this week (which is frustrating by itself because we got zero snow last year and now that I'm at college, my high school just got out for the entire week! That and we haven't got any snow yet here). I'm sure I'll survive though... I'll just have to go to the Caf more often and ration what breakfast/snack items I got. That and I'll just roll up my blanket into something I can hug until next weekend.

Aside from all that, everything's fine! I've made some new friends this semester and I'm closer to figuring out what I want to do when I grow up.

Glad you're feeling better, DSK!!!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:45 pm

I've been okay! Busy lately; work, and my grandma has been visiting this week :3 My best friend has pneumonia though, so I'm trying not to be worried about her xDD But she's got medicine and stuff now, and is getting better, so that's good. My job at the library has been good, today I saw a family that I know, and the little girls asked me questions; the older girl said, "Let me ask you a question; do you own this place?" and I was like, "No, I just work here." And then the younger girl was like, "are you gonna have a baby?" and I was like "no, I'm not gonna have a baby XDDD someday I hope to, but not now." And they were like "That's good, we like babies! we have a baby brother!" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD It was so hilarious and adorable

Sorry your week was stressful, Satine!!! <3 *huggles* I'm glad you're feeling better!

*huggles allishmalli* I hope you get some real hugs soon!!!! I said hi to one of my friends at youth group on Wednesday (I can't actually go to youth group anymore, but I go with my mom whenever I can to pick up my sister, so I can say hi to my friends!) and she gave me a really nice hug XD I'm glad you're making more friends! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks girls!

I'm sorry Alli! I hope you can make it home soon! *hugs*

That is so adorable Blue! XD I love it when kids ask questions like that!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:02 am

Thanks, sistahs! *hugs back* I feel better already!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 pm

How has everyone been?

I had a crazy week! I went to a video contest with my film class on Monday and Tuesday. We were supposed to leave on Wednesday but the weather got bad so we had to come home Tuesday night. We got home at 4 in the morning. Shocked  I'm so exhausted. Luckily we've been out of school the past two days so I got time to rest. Sleep

Tonight was the reception for one of my art shows! My school's art looked especially good this year. I'm so happy for everyone because they all worked really hard. I had a few pieces in that I am very proud of. There is another show coming up pretty soon as well, which I am excited to hear back on. bounce

I also got my Wacom tablet this week! I was playing with it tonight, and I really like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Oh, wow, that is crazy! Aside from weather, how was the class?

That's awesome! I hope everything works out with the next one, as well!

Ooh Wacom tablets are great! I had one, but i lost the pen lol I'd love to see some digital art you do!

This week has been crazy! I had bronchitis for a while, and the antibiotic i was on didn't totally get rid of it :/ fortunately I'm a lot better now, and am able to fully participate in the play. We're doing "The Wizard of Oz", and it's been so much fun! It's very different from "Into the Woods" and required a few extra tech rehearsals, but it's been worth it Smile Last night was opening night, and the audience was very lively and engaged, which made it all 10x better. After the show tonight, a tradition we have is to go get burgers at midnight, so i'm kind of excited about that lol
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Wow!!! At least you didn't get caught in the bad weather?? D: And yay for tablets!! Very Happy I have a drawing tablet, but I've never completely got used to it. Maybe I'll try it again today.

Oh dear, bronchitis doesn't sound good! :0 I'm glad you're getting better. Burgers at midnight sounds fun XDDDDDD When I went to the women's retreat in February, my weekend roommates and I all went to get ice cream at sonic at like 11 pm or something XDDDDD It was fun.

I've just been working in the mornings, chilling at home in the afternoons :3 A week from today my friend Liv will be visiting me for the weekend, I don't know if any of you remember her from when I used to mention her a lot :3 She moved away 2 years ago and since then we've lost touch, but I'm excited to see her!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:43 pm

It was pretty good! I placed in the top 10, and the judges were really nice. They gave me a lot of good advice.

Thank you!

Thanks! I've never done digital art before except for photoshop edits, but I can't wait to start working on some! I'll do them mostly during the summer since I'm doing my portfolio now, but I will post some when I start working on it!

I'm so sorry about your bronchitis! I'm glad you are still able to participate in the play! It sounds like a lot of fun! Very Happy I hope everything goes well!

Thanks Blue! Yeah, the drawing tablet is really fun! It takes some getting used to but I think it is going to really help me as an artist.

That's fun! I remember you talking about Liv! I'm glad you get to see her!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Woohoo, top 10!! Very Happy

:3 When Liv is here, we're planning to go to the botanical garden nearby with another friend of ours, and take lots of pictures :3
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

Oooh, that sounds fun! I bet there are some great photo opportunities there!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:55 pm

There are tons! Well, if there are a lot of flowers in bloom. Mid-March may be a tad early, but with the mild weather here, I'm sure there are at least some xD My flowers in my backyard never died since I planted them last spring.

A couple years ago we went to the botanical garden in like May but it happened to be a REALLY abnormally hot day so we had to leave early cuz we were just too hot xDDD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:57 pm

It sounds so amazing!

Oh gosh! Well this definitely seems like the right time of year to go! I can't imagine it will be too hot, but it will probably still be nice out where you live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE   REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REVIVE THE LAKEHOUSSEE
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: