Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Fictional Characters

Go down 
+4
GeneralSnips
shaak ti
Kayla
Duchess Satine Kenobi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Favorite Fictional Characters Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:30 am

For me personally, the most important thing in a story is the characters. Good characters that I can connect to, love, or even love to hate.

Who are some of your favorite characters? Who are your favorite heroes? How about favorite villains? Which characters remind you the most of your personality? Which ones look the most like you?

Any fictional characters count, whether they're from books, movies, tv, video games, comic books, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:01 pm

This is a crazy huge question.... Razz

I have a brain freeze. I'll have to answer it when I have more time Razz
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:17 pm

OOH! I have a list, but at the moment this cutie pie is my favorite (Chizuru): Favorite Fictional Characters Tumblr_mjq4dwDVE31qgzpr7o1_250

and can we take a moment to appreciate her bowing and being a clumsy little thing?: Favorite Fictional Characters Tumblr_m9s0b8RfmH1qijihpo1_500

She's just so cuteeee!!! haha, I'm writing a review for Hakuouki, so I'm going through a bit of a fangirly rant about her right now.

Percy Jackson is one of my all time favorites... idk I think it's pretty fair to say that he was my first love :p
And Ahsoka, Shaak Ti, and Leia are some more favorites.

And Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemest. She is somewhere in my top 5 favorite characters.

Han Solo, of corse. I don't know how anyone couldn't love him! Loki and Darth Vader, because they are my favorite bad guys.

Thor. Thor doesn't get enough love, but he's awesome. So is Darcy.

Toph, Sokka, Zuko as well.

Um... I'm going to leave this list short for now and end it here :p
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 pm

I know what you mean Kayla! There are too many! XD

Great choices Shaak Ti! :DI love a lot of those as well!!!

I have too many favorites to list in one post, but I'll start with a few.

Leonardo from Ninja Turtles. I don't think there's ever been another character from anything who reminds me more of me. He's been my favorite ever since I first watched the 2003 Ninja Turtles show back when I was 6. I can relate to him because he's the oldest sibling who feels responsible for looking out for his younger siblings, he's dedicated to his training, and he goes through a lot of the same issues that I've gone through with being too hard on oneself. I really admire him because he's such a great leader, always sees the best in people, and cares so much about his family. Not to mention he's got swords, which are awesome, and he has a great sense of humor. And then the 2012 show just added to his awesomeness by making him a sci-fi fan Very Happy And JAT voices him in the 2007 movie. Now if that's not one of the most amazing characters of all time I don't know what is Razz

The rest of the turtles are on my favorites list too, actually, now that I mention turtles.

So obviously Leo is my favorite, but after that I really cannot pick a second. Because I love them all so freaking much.
I like Raph because he's a epic, but he also has a soft side and is protective of his brothers. I think the episode "Raph and Cub" pretty much sums up why I love him.
I like Donnie because he's really sweet and his more gentle personality really stands out among his more action-oriented brothers. He's also a really great leader when he needs to be and is very determined.
And of course Mikey is amazing because he's so hilarious. But I also like his creativity and relationships with a lot of the characters, especially Splinter. And he's a comic book fan. And he's voiced by Greg Cipes. Very Happy

And then there's the other characters, which for the sake of not boring you all to death I won't go into. Because honestly, just about every TMNT character is on my favorites list. I love those shows so freaking much.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Got to agree with you in Chizuru, Shaak Ti XD

Oh man I have so many, let see

I can really only think of anime characters at the moment and they would be Mio from K-ON!, Gingka. Toby, Ren, Madoka, Maru, Tusbasa, and Zero from Beyblade. Heisuke, Hijikata, Chizuru, Soji, and about all the other boys from Hakuouki. That's all I can think of at the moment XD But i sure do have more
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Hmm. I love Ender and Bean from Ender's Game. <3 Bean might be one of the most epic fictional characters of all time. Artemis Fowl and Lelouch and Ciel <3

They're all child geniuses so there is probably a trend going there. I love the child genius archetype, and especially the slightly evil child genius archetype.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:08 pm

:O I honestly have no idea who most of the anime characters are. Razz

I freaking love your Ninja Turtle rant, Satine! XD That's so cool!

I wish I knew who the rest of you guys are talking about Razz

I guess off the top of my head, my favorite fictional characters have to be Maria Hill, Princess Leia, Black Widow and Captain America. There are lots others for sure, but those are foremost, at least right now.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:24 pm

LOL thanks Kayla! XD Yeah Captain America is on my favorites list. I'd say overall some of my favorites are him, Bruce/Hulk, Leo, and Obi-Wan. I also like Embo, Satine, Jean Valjean, Ahsoka, Toph, and Zuko. And every single one of the Avengers. I love them all to pieces. And that includes the movie and EMH Avengers. Because Wasp, Ant Man, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, and Vision are amazing and they deserve to be in a movie. When I was younger I really liked the characters who were bad or anti-hero, but now I feel like I like the nice people and heroes more.

There's like a billion more characters I love but I'll spare you all for now XD
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:01 pm

LOL! I've never liked bad characters Razz I've always been a heroes girl.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:57 pm

LOL! Well I do definitely love the villains still *cough* Darth Maul *cough* but I have gotten to where I like heroes the most.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:47 pm

LOL!!! Oh my goodness yes!!! That reminds me, I could mention that since getting older, I've come to like some bad characters, but I don't know that I'd ever like a villain more than the hero opposite. You know? But yes, there are totally some villains you just got to love. XD
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 pm

I love Tahiri and Mara. Because they're such strong characters and I admire them so much. And all the characters from Percy Jackson. I love how Rick Riordan wrote the characters to sound more normal and not so heroic. They're the underdogs. so I love that.
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:54 pm

I totally get what you mean Kayla!

Yes, I agree Geek4God! I love Rick Riordan's writing and characters!
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:36 pm

I totally love underdogs too! Probably my favorite kind of character after awesome heroines. XD I feel like I can relate to a lot of underdog characters, but then, who doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Yes, I completely agree!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:00 pm

I can't believe I just found this topic! :DThis is a great idea, DSK! Very Happy

Who are some of your favorite characters?
Obi-Wan Kenobi - You've probably heard every reason for why I love his character. He's kind, gentle, powerful, humble, patient, calm, compassionate, skilled, and is an overall beautiful person
Siri Tachi - totally awesome female Jedi who was also kind. I love her tomboyishness and her empathy for others and how she is so like me
Jaina Solo - my childhood hero, she, along with Siri and many other female Jedi, are the reason I never felt like I was lacking in female heroes.
Qui-Gon Jinn - amazing patient, wise Jedi Master. Need I say more? Wink
Anakin Skywalker,
Anakin Solo,
Tahiri Veila,
Luke Skywalker,
Tenel Ka Chume Ta' Djo,
Satele Shan,
Meetra Surrick,
Samewise(Same) Gamgee,
Frodo Baggins,
Eowyn
Merry Brandybuck
Pippin Took
Hermione Granger
Harry Potter
Buffy Summers
Angel
Zuko
Katara
Toph
Sokka
Aang
Suki
Spike
Giles
Rumplestiltskin
Belle
Baelfire/Neal
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Simon Tam
River Tam
Ninth/Tenth Doctor
Rose Tyler
Donna Noble
Martha Jones
Captain Jack Harkness
Thor
Loki
Black Widow
Iron Man/Tony Stark
Ianto Jones
Jean Valjean
Eponine
Dom Claude Frollo
Javert
La Esmeralda
Elphaba
Sherlock Holmes
John Watson
Anna
Mr. Bates
Percy Jackson
Annabeth Chase
Nico di Angelo
Dean Winchester
Castiel
Captain America/Steve Rogers
Bruce Banner
Emma Swan

Who are your favorite heroes? Same as above(well, the nice characters, of course XD).
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Jaina Solo, all the Jedi, Sam Gamgee, Eowyn, Buffy Summers, Thor, Black Widow,

How about favorite villains?
Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker- the most iconic villain in history. His story of redemption is awe-inspiring. I also think the Sith are interesting villains as a whole.

Loki - I love how they make him sympathetic even though he gets pretty evil. Wonderfully acted by the amazing Tom Hiddleston

Rumplestiltskin- one of the best villains/anti-heroes I've come across. And all of it marvelously acted by Robert Caryle.

Dom Claude Frollo(book version) I don't want to spoil anything, but I have to say, he is one of the most complicated/complex character I've come across in literature. And, really, is he a villain exactly?

The Major in the "Chaos Walking" trilogy

Which characters remind you the most of your personality?
Obi-Wan Kenobi- We both have problems with anxiety, we both have lost a friend, and we both know what it's like to have to work to be good at something
Siri Tachi- We're both very similar in personality. We both are tomboys who, while tough, are nice at the same time. One thing in particular stuck out to me- it's mentioned in "Secrets of the Jedi" that
when she was young she tried to appear more boyish/stronger than she was and didn't want anyone thinking she was pretty, which reminds me of how I was and how I am now(since, when she was older, she was more confident and didn't feel the need to prove how tough she was- she knew she was).
Percy Jackson- I'm not sure what it is, but I feel a bit of a similarity with him
Dean Winchester- We're both older siblings and we both are not good at handling other people's feelings/empathy(we feel it, we just don't know how to express it; also, we're very concerned about fixing the problem so it doesn't happen again). I just relate to him for some reason.
Hermione Granger
Eponine

Which ones look the most like you?
Tahiri Veila, maybe, since we both have curly hair?
I also think I'd make a good Eponine
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 pm

I loved reading about all your favorite characters Shena! Very Happy Very cool, and I love a lot of those too!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:08 am

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 8:27 pm

So, for characters who remind me of me.

Let's see. I'd say the character who most reminds me of me is Leonardo from Ninja Turtles, for the reasons I gave in my post on the previous page. He's an older sibling, personality wise we are extremely alike, and he also loves sci-fi Very Happy

I also think I'm a lot like Kaylee from Firefly. And Clara from Doctor Who. Oh, and Bruce Banner/Hulk! I definitely relate to him, especially because I have anger problems too.
I also relate to Tiana from The Princess and the Frog, because her main goal is working hard to follow her dream, not to chase boys.

I know this might sound weird to some people, but I also really relate to Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. Mostly because he's asexual like I am. There are hardly any asexual characters in movies/tv, so it makes me feel good to have at least one to relate to. On top of that I'm also OCD (though not on the extreme level he is).

As for who I look like, I suppose I sort of look like Clara just a little bit. But maybe it just seems that way to me because she's the only brunette girl companion on the new Doctor Who XD I also think I look a little like Hermione if I fix my hair a certain way. And I feel like I look like Rogue from X-Men right now because I have a white streak in my hair XD
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Let's see... favourite characters, I have a lot of those. Anakin and Ahsoka and Obi-Wan, obviously. And also Elsa and Anna from Frozen and the Doctor (just in general not any specific regeneration) and Clara and Rose (Doctor Who). Oh, and Hiccup from HTTYD and Hermione and Remus Lupin from Harry Potter.  

Favourite heroes... as in characters I look up to? Ahsoka, definitely, and also the Doctor and Clara and Elsa. Pretty much everyone I already listed, actually.

As for favourite villains... well, I don't normally like the villains. I only like them if they're complicated and/or interesting characters, so the only villain I really like is Loki. Although Moriarty from Sherlock and the Master from Doctor Who are interesting, too, although the Master freaked me out a bit.

Characters that remind me of my personality... hmm. Elsa reminds me of myself a lot, because she was controlled by her fears for most of her life. Also Anna a bit because I can so relate to the socially awkward thing. Also Tony Stark because he has anxiety (that's the only bit I can relate to lol). Also pretty much any character that's quiet and sarcastic bc that's me in a nutshell.

As for characters that look like me, I got told last year that I look a bit like Amy Pond, which was cool. xD
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:16 pm

I have some new additions to my favorite fictional characters!
Here they are

Armin Arlert (Attack on Titan) - I absolutely love him!! Very Happy I had a feeling before watching that he'd be my favorite and I was right. He has a really great character arc, he is well developed, and he's different from your typical male character, which I love Smile.

Sasha Braus (Attack on Titan)

Eren Jaegar (Attack on Titan)

Jean Kirschtein (Attack on Titan)

Levi (Attack on Titan)

Also from AoT - Annie, Connie, Christa, Mikasa, Ymir, Marco, Petra, Hange, Reiner, etc.

L and Light from Death Note

And some I forgot to add(from Fruits Basket)

Tohru, Yuki, Kyo, Hatori, Arisa, Hana, Kureno, Shigure, Ayame, etc.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:28 pm

I'm glad to hear that the Attack on Titan characters are good! It makes me even more excited to watch it! Smile

I love the Fruits Basket characters! They're so wonderful!

I really like a lot of the X-Men. My favorite is Nightcrawler, but some of my other favorites are Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Kitty, and Mystique.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 7:40 am

They are! Such awesome characters, you'll really enjoy them! SmileVery Happy

Definitely! :DSuch great characters!

Awesome! :DFrom what I've watched of the X-Men, I love their characters!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Cecil and Carlos from Welcome to Night Vale. They're both so awesome!

And the four main characters from Invader Zim: Zim, Gir, Dib, and Gaz. All of them are wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fictional Characters   Favorite Fictional Characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Fictional Characters
Page 1 of 1