Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least Favorite Characters

Go down 
+10
jedispork
kandykan
ArtooDeeto
Starwarsartist
Pinksaber13
Jedi~Chick
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
jedigirl1990
Kayla
Duchess Satine Kenobi
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Least Favorite Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 am

So, here's the counterpart thread to Favorite Star Wars Characters...because let's face it we all have at least one character that REALLY annoys us Mad !

Here's a few of my least favorites...
Daala (really why is she not dead yet?)
Jacen Solo (self righteous sith)
Allana Solo (brat)
Ahsoka Tano (biggest continuity err EVER!)
Akannah (one of Luke's ex-girlfriends)
Callista (Another one of Luke's ex-girlfriends. I'm seeing a trend here Laughing )
Padme (Yep, I just said that. *runs away and hides* Very Happy)

Last edited by Darkside_has_cookies on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:10 am

Some of my least favorites are the Mortis family, Siri, Ferus, Taria, Mara Jade, Darth Talon, and Jabba. I also strongly dislike Padme, so you're not alone Razz
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:14 am

I hate Jabba the Hutt with a vengence!!! Ugh! Mad I also dislike Mara, Siri, Lando and I don't like Anakin from the prequels. And just as a general rule I hate any EU character especailly if they are one of Luke or Obi-Wan's girlfriends.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 am

aww i love padme and siri Very Happy and anakin from the prequels is my absolute fave just saying but everyone has an opinion Very Happy

hmm least favorite would definitly without a doubt be Palpatine can't stand him and i am not a fan of tarkin or Krell but other than that i don't have many characters i hate
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:48 pm

When I say least favorite it means a character I don't consider canon or someone I think shouldn't be in the story at all. I dislike many of the Sith but since they have a purpose in the plot, I don't mind.

My least favorite characters are -

Satine(in my opinion, she shouldn't exist since the only one for Obi-Wan is Siri(since she was around first{1999}, she's the only one.) I know I know a lot of people like her but I just can't get over her whole 'relationship' with Obi-Wan*which I don't consider canon* since it bothers me and upset me greatly when I first found out about it). Sorry if I repeated what I've said two billion times before, but this is thing is touchy a bit of a touchy subject for me so I feel like I have to for some reason(OCD being dumb yet again Razz)

Tairia(I actually dislike her more than Satine, but since no one really takes her seriously, I don't have to worry as much about her*I don't consider her canon either*. I don't like how Mary Sue she was and she was an awful character and Jedi)

Etain Tur Mukan (she definitely wasn't a good Jedi at all. I might have slightly been okay with her had I not been for what she did in her first appearance of the series. She is being chased my a psychopath who will do horrid things to her if he finds her and she doesn't even bring her lightsaber out! Then, when a farmer gets on her nerves, she gets the lightsaber out. What?!. She really needs to sort out her priorities. I also think she betrayed the Jedi in her attitudes and behavior during Order 66. I also find her to be a hypocrite{but then, aren't we all?})

Kal Skirata (I liked him in the first chapter/prologue of the second book but after that he's unfair hatred of the Jedi grated on my nerves so much, I began to dislike him more and more. I can't stand people who hate without logical reasons or people who leave their families for small reasons, both of which, Skirata is guilty of committing)

Ordo (He said Obi-Wan was an arrogant glory seeker. Being an Obi-Wan fangirl and being able to see what an absolute lie that is, I will end this with "enough said".)

I also really dislike Jabba, Krell, Tarkin, Savage Oppress, and Kell. I also dislike Palpatine(since he's an evil scum bag) but since he's an important character to the story, I don't hate him like I do the others. I have more of a 'He's a villain and he is evil and I want to see him defeated by the heroes' hatred for him.
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Kayla wrote:
I hate Jabba the Hutt with a vengence!!! Ugh! Mad I also dislike Mara, Siri, Lando and I don't like Anakin from the prequels. And just as a general rule I hate any EU character especailly if they are one of Luke or Obi-Wan's girlfriends.

I second this! Razz I really cannot stand Jabba, and all his slave girls get on my nerves too but it's his fault they're in such terrible outfits to begin with Razz

And I agree about the EU characters Razz The only EU character I'm even slightly OK with is Xanatos, since I actually found his back story somewhat interesting. I've tried time and time again to read the EU, in pretty much every different era, and I can't get into any of them, and that's mostly because of the original characters that the authors make up. I feel like the characters are all either Mary Sues (Siri, Mara, and Taria in particular Razz ), dressed in waaay too skimpy outfits (Talon Razz ), way too angsty, don't fit well in the Star Wars universe, or are just plain annoying Razz I could write a novel about how much I dislike the EU, but right now I'm just not in the mood.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Kayla wrote:

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
I second this! Razz I really cannot stand Jabba, and all his slave girls get on my nerves too but it's his fault they're in such terrible outfits to begin with Razz

Yes, yes! I was going to say all the slave girls are on my least favorite character list but then I thought they might not count. But I guess they do. *shudders* Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Nuuuuu EU characters are awesome!!!!!

Mara a Mary Sue...? ......have you read her character? D: She is anything BUT a Mary Sue. Literally.

Lando is really really awesome in the EU...he has a wife and kid and he's really cool!!! He's gonna be in the new Tim Zahn novel, Scoundrels, which I cannot wait for. ;D

IMO, I don't have too many characters that get on my annoying list.....a few random TCW characters who don't even have much to do with the story, Count Dooku, and a few others.

OOH. Borsk Fey'lya. I HATE HIM. He's annoying. VERY annoying. I really can't stand him. XDD He's the one EU character I genuinely dislike.

Jacen Solo annoys me that he turned evil when he could've solved his problems other ways. Razz

But other than that I"m good. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:24 pm

JC!!! Mara Jade gets EVERYTHING. Like sure she may of died and had a hard life and all that but come on- she gets to be like everything and she get's LUKE!!! She's totally a authors pet!!!! XDDD
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Kayla wrote:
JC!!! Mara Jade gets EVERYTHING. Like sure she may of died and had a hard life and all that but come on- she gets to be like everything and she get's LUKE!!! She's totally a authors pet!!!! XDDD

While I don't entirely agree with all this, Mara Jade is more than a little overdone. NOT a MS, but to be fair, she's getting there. I've liked her in varying degrees at different times (i.e. the LOVE ALL THE ACTION GIRLS phase). Now, I'm not even into the EU and/or fanfiction right now so I really don't care. XD

Least Favorite Characters  Tumblr_m6e5yhcK6q1r8zu6q

Last edited by Pinksaber13 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm

AFDLKAS;DLJA;FSAD NOOOO.
In Mara's defense she is written INCREDIBLY inconsistently and the only author who I personally think does her true justice would be Timothy Zahn.
NOW. Mara is a really cool character. She's my FAVORITE character. Anywayyyyy....Mara does get to be everything. She goes from being the Emperor's Hand (literally, his right hand person, his go-to assassin, person he sent to do his dirty work,) to then finding out she was lied to her entire life and having to find herself. She is employed by Talon Karrde, who is the only person to truly put faith in her and let her be herself. She likes her life, but she still is haunted (literally) by Palpatine, who wants her to kill Luke!!! She ends up fighting back from Palpatine's will, and she and Luke have a ten year whirlwind friendship/romance that ultimately ends up in them getting married!!! Then she and Luke have a kid together, and she becomes a Jedi Master, taking her life from being a smuggler and business person to being a Jedi Master and a mother.

Ultimately, her death was done poorly and was very depressing, and her character was a waste toward the end of her story. She could've been so much more.

Also, I think Mara is the ONLY person Luke could EVER be with, because their personalities are such polar opposites. If you actually would read her character and her story, (especially Visions of the Future by Timothy Zahn....AKA the best book ever) you'd see how well they work together, and how they keep each other in check.

end Mara rant. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Jedi~Chick wrote:
AFDLKAS;DLJA;FSAD NOOOO.
In Mara's defense she is written INCREDIBLY inconsistently and the only author who I personally think does her true justice would be Timothy Zahn.
NOW. Mara is a really cool character. She's my FAVORITE character. Anywayyyyy....Mara does get to be everything. She goes from being the Emperor's Hand (literally, his right hand person, his go-to assassin, person he sent to do his dirty work,) to then finding out she was lied to her entire life and having to find herself. She is employed by Talon Karrde, who is the only person to truly put faith in her and let her be herself. She likes her life, but she still is haunted (literally) by Palpatine, who wants her to kill Luke!!! She ends up fighting back from Palpatine's will, and she and Luke have a ten year whirlwind friendship/romance that ultimately ends up in them getting married!!! Then she and Luke have a kid together, and she becomes a Jedi Master, taking her life from being a smuggler and business person to being a Jedi Master and a mother.

Ultimately, her death was done poorly and was very depressing, and her character was a waste toward the end of her story. She could've been so much more.

Also, I think Mara is the ONLY person Luke could EVER be with, because their personalities are such polar opposites. If you actually would read her character and her story, (especially Visions of the Future by Timothy Zahn....AKA the best book ever) you'd see how well they work together, and how they keep each other in check.

end Mara rant. XD

You've summed that up well Very Happy Although I thought Kathy Tyers wrote her well too. Really showed a new side of Mara yet still keeping Mara, Mara.

I also dislike Borsk Fey'la.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Somehow, this started to turn into the 'convince peoples to not dislike the characters they dislike' topic. Razz
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Lux Bonteri.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Thank you Darkside has cookies!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kayla....well....you haven't read her have you? So how can you judge without knowing her whole character? Wink
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
Lux Bonteri.

That is all.

I'm not even going to bother with the lost cause that is Mara Jade (P.S Kayla, you're fine. ;D), so... ^THISSS!!!!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDeeto

ArtooDeeto

Location : In my rightful place, aboard the Jade Shadow during Fate of the Jedi!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:26 pm

My top four least liked character list is...

1.Jacen Solo (grrrr hate him)
2.Akannah
3.Daala
4.Allana Solo
5.Ahsoka Tano

There's my least liked list.

Last edited by ArtooDeeto on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Come now, R2, Jacen's had a few good moments Razz .
Back to top Go down
ArtooDeeto

ArtooDeeto

Location : In my rightful place, aboard the Jade Shadow during Fate of the Jedi!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Have I read his good moments? I've read his bad ones.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Because JC, Mara marries Luke, and Luke was my only kinda crush I ever really had, so like Luke being single and she ruined that. Amongst other reasons. I ain't read the books but I don't need to OR want too. Razz I'm totally cool with your opinion, I think it's great, really!! Just, can't I dislike if I do? XD

ROFL Pink!!
Back to top Go down
kandykan

kandykan

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Most of you have already pointed out my least favorite characters: Jacen Solo, Daala, Borsk Fey'lya, Padmé, Dooku.... I actually like many of Luke's girlfriends as characters; I just don't like how all the EU authors have to give him a love interest in every book!

Oh, and I really don't like Abeloth.
Back to top Go down
http://kandykan.tumblr.com
kandykan

kandykan

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Jar Jar. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://kandykan.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:22 pm

kandykan wrote:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Jar Jar. Wink

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:21 am

Abeloth and Daala. They are definitely on my list. xDD Also Kirtan Loor. He kinda annoys me too. ;P

*sigh* Fine fine, dislike all you want Kayla....Wink And you should give the books a try sometime, they're really cool!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 am

another character i strongly dislike is c3p0 sorry for his fans but he irks me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters    Least Favorite Characters  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Favorite Characters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next