Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Save the Clone Wars Video

Go down 
+10
jedigirl1990
Amaranthine
Pinksaber13
jedispork
Ahsoka Tano
Spidey_Timey_Skygirl
Duchess Satine Kenobi
GeneralSnips
allishmalli
shaak ti
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

Save the Clone Wars Video Empty
PostSubject: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:25 am

Like General Snips said, we need to do something to SHOW Disney that we still want TCW. And, like she said, a video would be perfect. So here's a place to bounce around ideas. I'm willing to actually put the video together, but I need your help!

Here's my idea: some people can do short clips talking about TCW and why Disney shouldn't cancel it, others can hold up signs that say something.... We can either have individual comments from each person or all the signs can be played in a specific order to play out a message.

What are your ideas?
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Well, I don't think that I'll be able to send you a clip of myself, but I can write something and one of y'all can read it. Or, I can try to make a PowerPoint and see if I figure out how to send it to one of y'all.

I do agree. We need to show them how much we care. Contrary to my violent, angry, heat-of-the-moment gifs, being immature, violent, and threatening about this won't get us anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:53 pm

First off thank you Shaak Ti for making this topic Smile

I really like your idea, Shaak that a different girl can hold one word, like. "Bring. TCW. Back." or "Save. The. Clone. Wars." Which could be at the end of the video after all of our comments and/or signs. To be honest this might not change a thing, but it might let them see we are upset. And we also get to show our fangirl spirit. And we're not just sending to message about TCW but also everything Star Wars related.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Thank you! I agree, we need to do something big like this to really get the message across! I think a video sounds like a great idea, and while I probably won't be able to be in it, I'll definitely try and send pictures of signs I've made that won't show my face or something.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Well, since I seems like ya'll like the idea, here's a starting point!

https://www.google.com/search?q=person+holding+sign+infront+of+their+face&hl=en&safe=active&client=safari&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OaBPUfmLLc7higLCxoCYDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i%7C70%3Bd%7CiDptPMeKzdjuVM%3A

For the signs, I think we should hold it in front of our face, like in the above link. Because a) keeping ourselves anonymous if that's what you want and b) we are trying to save TCW, not our faces :p

So I guess we need 3 teams: the script writers, the talkers, and the sign holders

Script Writers
Script writers will write the script for the signs. Pretty easy. We should have at least 3 or 4 of you, but more is OK. So you'll talk/type among yourselves and share it with us, we give feed back and so on.

Talkers
Come up with your own short speech, videotape it and send it to me. Don't rant, sound like you mean business. Talk about how TCW has impacted you and stuff.

Sign Holders
Pretty self explanatory, the Writers will give you some lines, you make the sign, hold it in front of your face and take a picture.

And anyone with screen time needs to wear a SW shirt!
We need as many people as possible helping with this, so get your friends/family involved, too!

Last edited by shaak ti on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:14 pm

if you need me to I can share some of my letters I've written to Disney to help the script writers! Other than that I'm afraid I can't be in the video or anything. Good luck, though!

This is a really great idea and I'm so glad you're doing it!!! Thank you so much for organizing this!!!!!

Last edited by DuchessSatineKenobi on Sun May 05, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Location : Gallifery... Naboo... New York? Fine... Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:16 pm

I can write scripts and be a speaker. I need to get used to talking to a camera because I want to become a vlogger. I'm up for this!!
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:18 pm

I would like to be a script writer, I got some ideas.

I'm also making a image edit to add to the video, if that's okay.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Yay! And That will be great, GS!

And it's fine if you want to sight up for more than one position.

Last edited by shaak ti on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Location : Beyblading with Gingka Hagane on Coruscant for the Galactic Beyblading Tournament.

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 pm

I can hold a sign or be a speaker. Smile I think this is an awesome idea!
Back to top Go down
http://apadawansview.blogspot.com/
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:19 pm

I'll have to talk to my parents about it, but if I don't have to show my face I think it'll be fine. Maybe I can get my siblings involved; there's 5 of us over alot of different hieghtspans so if we could do five words in a row or something that might be really cute.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:15 pm

I can be a script writer. However, I am taking Drivers Ed all this week, so you might not get too much out of me this week. I'll do my best, but don't expect too much.
Back to top Go down
Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Spidey_Timey_Skygirl

Location : Gallifery... Naboo... New York? Fine... Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Let's do this!!!! I think if we want TCW back this should be a good way, but we've gotta be positive about it. I think all of this anger ranting about "Bring TCW back or else..." isn't going to work. If we're positive I think it'd be more encouraging for it to continue.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Spidey_Timey_Skygirl wrote:
Let's do this!!!! I think if we want TCW back this should be a good way, but we've gotta be positive about it. I think all of this anger ranting about "Bring TCW back or else..." isn't going to work. If we're positive I think it'd be more encouraging for it to continue.

I totally agree with you. We need to have a right mind about this.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Don't worry. I think I got my most (if not all) of anger out through my rants and gifs. Keeping it positive!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:41 am

I will just say that whatever we come up with, it has to be clever, mature, positive, possibly cute, and possibly funny. I mean I think that maybe we have some part of the video that shows our sadness (maybe have the background music be the sad, choral part of "The Birth of the Twins and Padmé's Destiny" from the ROTS soundtrack or "In the Eyes of an Angel" from the ASPCA commercials) but mostly show the reasons why we love the show (maybe put clips of the show in to show them).
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 am

I agree with all of that, except for the clips of the show. I don't want us crossing any copyright lines by accident.
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Using music we don't own is also copyright violation. We should stick to the signs/talking/messages etc.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:55 pm

that's too bad I think the clips and music would add a good touch to it, like a instrumental or something for the music. But I understand what you guys are saying Smile

Last edited by GeneralSnips on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:05 pm

But if we say where the music and clips come from, can we still not use it? I mean people on YouTube use clips and music from movies and tv shows all the time and say that they don't belong to them and they don't seem to get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes, people use clips and music on YouTube, but they aren't sending the video to a company who has the power and money to sue.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Oh... okay. Can we use GarageBand?
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 pm

I guess, like coming up with our own music or using the non copyrighted Apple loops? That would be great!
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 pm

That sounds awesome!! Know we just need to figure out what we're going to do...
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm trying to work on that as we speak, but I have to eat dinner in a few minutes and then I have to go to the gym, take a shower, yada yada yada, so on and so forth... then I have Drivers Ed in the morning (again) which goes on 'till late in the afternoon, and then my mom and I are going to someone's house, then I have to do it all over again.

Basically, I'm pretty much booked this week (even though it's Spring Break). I'll try to come up with something as fast as I can, but it might be a while. Is there a specific date we are trying to get this done by or anything?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save the Clone Wars Video   Save the Clone Wars Video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Save the Clone Wars Video
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next