Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Save The Clone Wars!

Go down 
+13
sokafan4ever
Lillian~Skye
Keirbott
Starwarsartist
Amaranthine
Bluesaber3
shaak ti
GeneralSnips
jedigirl1990
Pinksaber13
allishmalli
Jedi~Chick
Duchess Satine Kenobi
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Save The Clone Wars! Empty
PostSubject: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:09 pm

I decided to start this topic because I'm worried for the future of TCW and I think we all need to join in on the campaign to save The Clone Wars.

Now I know that nothing is certain yet and the show may be perfectly fine, and I want to believe that, but I keep hearing that the show is in trouble and I'm starting to get worried. Apparently the people at Disney XD might not want to pick up TCW to air it on their channel.

I'm pretty confident we'll be getting a season 6 either way, even if it's just a DVD release or something, since the season is already in production and they haven't stopped production or anything. But Dave Filoni and crew have even more stories to tell, they've said that they already have ideas for possibly seasons 7 and 8, so why should the show be forced to end before its time?

The Clone Wars is an amazing show, one of the best animated shows of all time! And there are still too many questions that need to be answered! What happens to Ahsoka after the events of the season 5 finale? What are Palpatine's plans for Darth Maul? What happens to Rex? What's the deal with Mother Talzin? When will Boba Fett get the Slave I back? What ever happened to the Zillo Beast clones? While I'm sure TCW crew would do an excellent job if they were forced to wrap up the series early, they deserve to have more seasons to answer these questions and give the show a good, satisfying ending.

Now like I said, the show may not even be in danger at all, but why should we take the chance? Personally I think that all TCW fans need to send letters to Disney to show our support for the show and ask Disney to air more seasons on Disney XD so that the show can get the awesome finish it deserves.

And even if the show isn't in trouble, I think it's still a good idea to show our support anyways and let Disney know we care about this show.

I've already sent three letters and I send a voice mail to Rebel Force Radio, who are putting together a CD of fan voice mails to send to Lucasfilm. We need to show support for The Clone Wars!!!

If you would like to send a letter, here's the address:

Disney Studios
500 S Buena Vista St
Burbank, CA 91521
Attn: Bob Iger

I also have the address for Disney XD:

Disney XD
Brookfield Place
181 Bay Street, PO Box 787
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 2T3

And the address for Lucasfilm:

Lucasfilm
P.O. Box 29901
San Francisco, CA 94129-0901
Attn: Kathleen Kennedy

I would definitely recommend writing an actual letter instead of an email, because emails can get sorted into the spam folder, while a real letter will both end up on someone's desk and really shows how much you care.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:42 pm

No don't worry Satine. Wink I promise you TCW will NOT be cancelled. It's going to move to Disney XD most likely, and Season 8 is already in the process of being written and produced. Seeing we're only on the finale of Season 5, I wouldn't worry. Wink There's no need to freak out and call Lucasfilm, TCW is gonna be fine!!!!

(I have inside sources btw, I can assure you it's all good!!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Season 8?!?!? Um... that's great... I guess. It seems a bit long, don't you think? I mean I like he show and all, but 8 seasons seems a bit excessive to me (esp. if Ahsoka's not a Jedi anymore).
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Jedi~Chick wrote:
No don't worry Satine. Wink I promise you TCW will NOT be cancelled. It's going to move to Disney XD most likely, and Season 8 is already in the process of being written and produced. Seeing we're only on the finale of Season 5, I wouldn't worry. Wink There's no need to freak out and call Lucasfilm, TCW is gonna be fine!!!!

(I have inside sources btw, I can assure you it's all good!!!)

ASDFGHJKL; YAYYY

But I honestly think TCW is only good for about three more seasons. After that, it's just going to get boring and suffer from seasonal rot, especially with Ahsoka and her not being a Jedi like Allish said. :/

And who are your inside sources, JC? XD
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I agree with JC Dave and others said several times that there will definitly be a season 6 and I am sure there will be other seasons to follow. I for one am super excited even if ahsoka is not a jedi there is a lot that can happen in her story I really doubt that the show can run out of stories to tell
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 pm

I should clarify. XD Season 8 is being written, but technically, Lucas/Disney could pull the plug at any time and the entire series could be wrapped up in 3 episodes. (don't have a heart attack yet...that's only after Season 6, since it's already post-production and waiting to be released in the fall). Wink There's a ton of windows open for new story lines!!! Smile

I'll spill a little bit...I have inside sources because of Savanna. XD She has 501st friends who literally are good friends with Dave Filoni and have spilled small things like assuring Season 6 is gonna happen and there's no need to freak out, just to calm us nervous fangirls. XD

I can't wait to see where they take TCW now....especially with this plot twist. I'm intrigued...and nervous.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Wait, our Savanna? As in Cad Bane's Chick?
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:06 pm

yes thats who Jc is refering too

besides in an interview they confirmed though they don't know where it will be there will defintily be a season 6 so there is no reason to worry at least not yet
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Yup!! CBC Savanna! Wink
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:05 pm

I've even seen a SaveCloneWars thing on Rebel Force Radio's Facebook page and I was kinda surprised.

But I'm not worrying about it there is still somewhere to go with the story.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:08 pm

yeah i saw that too which kinda took me by surprise but several people have said there is definitly a season 6 so I am not worried yet anyway
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm not worried about there not being a season 6, I'm worried aobut the show being cancelled before seasons 7 and 8 can get far enough into production. I'm certain we will get a seaon 6, at least online or on a dvd release. I already stated all of this in my first post Razz And FYI they can scrap seasons 7 and 8 since they aren't that far into production. It's happened to shows before.

But I'm telling you, I can see the signs. Disney already cancelled the 3D releases and the Clone Wars action figure line. They've made it very clear that they're only interested in OT related stuff or stuff that will be closer to the timeline of the new movies, instead of prequel era stuff. Disney has also said that they are making a new Star Wars tv show. Disney is a big Hollywood company, and they aren't going to care how successful TCW is, they'll cancel it anyways just because they have to have things their way and they want to air their OWN shows. It's happened to that Tron show they had, it happened with Spetacular Spider-Man after Disney bought Marvel, I've watched it happen to Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes after the new movie came out.

Now y'all may very well be right, and I'll be incredibly happy if you are Smile But I'm honestly concerend right now for the show. Like I said, from what I've heard Disney would rather just scrap the Clone Wars and do their own show. And I'm positive we're getting a season 6, but don't you want more? Don't you want TCW crew to get to tell the story until season 7 or 8? Why should such an awesome show have to end so early?

And also, even if TCW is safe, personally I think it's a good idea to show support anyways. It certainly won't hurt anything.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:26 am

Well, Disney's screwed us guys. I'm crying right now. :'(

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 am

NOO my heart is complelty broken now I love disney but this is not okay :( they can't do this
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 am

Jedi~Chick wrote:
Well, Disney's screwed us guys. I'm crying right now. :'(

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

Save The Clone Wars! Tumblr_ly70gytVmZ1qe2rrbo5_250

DISNEY, YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:50 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BEST RESPONSE EVER
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Exactly Pink Disney is breaking hearts here I thought my heart was broken after the finale I didn't even know this kind of pain exsisted until now
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Seriously??? I was actually going to put my trust in Disney with Star Wars, but NO. JUST NO! How can they just... take everything away and act like the fans don't care?

Ok, girls, start writing your letters.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 pm

I thought my heart was broken when i heard the news this fantastic post from JAT is truly heart felt and just absolutly wonderful in every way and now my heart is broken even more

http://jamesarnoldtaylor.com/jamesarnoldtaylor.com/Clone_Wars_Thoughts.html
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:09 pm

It's days like this I'm glad I don't wear mascara. *hates everything*

Save The Clone Wars! Tumblr_inline_miz96fuppZ1qz4rgp
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:39 pm

I really thought I wouldn't be crying over this but after reading JAT's heart pulling post I have tears. I think we all have stories how we became fans of TCW and what experiences we've had. TCW is what got me into Star Wars in the first place. The Mortis arc and Padawan arc being the first I've seen.
But I wish they hadn't dropped this bomb on us so soon after the huge season 5 finale.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:13 pm

ARGH!!! Today has been the worst day I've had in a long time. First, I'm late for school for the first time EVER (there was really bad traffic and most kids were late, so we got excused), then I forgot my pencil in math class for the gazillionth time, then I had to take a really hard physics test, then I felt like I was going to throw up during the test (but I didn't), then I forgot to finish my English HW, and now this!!!!!! Boy, this just tops off my bad day perfectly. *sarcastically and angrily* Thanks a lot Disney!!!

Okay, so a couple of weeks ago, I was okay if TCW ended next season. Seriously, I was okay. 6 seasons, to me, is practically perfect timing, not too short and not too long. 7 seasons is good too. But now, I'm absolutely furious that DISNEY goes ahead and decides to CANCEL the show because they want to focus on the new trilogy! Grr....

You know, I was getting a bit excited about this new trilogy. But now I don't even want to see it. You know what I want to do? I want to convince all of the TCW fans to boycott this new trilogy and say, "To heck with Disney!!! They shouldn't have canceled TCW and now they're gonna pay!!!"
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:18 pm

I saw it coming, but I really, really hoped this wasn't true. Since the finale I've been preparing myself to hear this, and I thought I had accepted it, but the cancellation of such an amazing show can not be accepted. I am completely devastated.

And guess what? Sure enough, Disney wants to make their OWN Star Wars show. This is EXACTLY what happened with Marvel. Disney just can't stand letting other studios be in charge of animated shows they own, no matter how good the shows are or how many viewers they have. So what does Disney do? They cancel the existing shows, throw millions of fan into despair, and make a new show that's half the quality of the other one. Everyone at Disney has their own little pet project, and they're all too stuck up to air the existing show on their network. If they didn't invent it, then they automatically don't want to air it.

Ugh!!!!! Hollywood is so messed up!!!!! I'm so disgusted with Disney!!!!! Those filthy pieces of scum!
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:31 pm

ugh if they make their own show their going to make it all kiddy. And then their going to want it all rated G which will mean no fightin, no battles. They might as well not do it at all because, hello, its called Star WARS How they would pull that off I have no clue.

Last edited by GeneralSnips on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm

boom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save The Clone Wars!   Save The Clone Wars! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Save The Clone Wars!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next