Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???

Go down 
+6
Cia Klivian
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Pinksaber13
jedigirl1990
sokafan4ever
bbc_hates_me
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bbc_hates_me

bbc_hates_me

Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Empty
PostSubject: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 am

I first saw "A New Hope" three years ago. When Obi-Wan died, I was like "Oh well. Poor Obi-Wan." But now, I'm not sure if he did die. One day in Sunday School, we were discussing Star Wars before we started the lesson. My Sunday School teacher asked me (knowing I love Star Wars) if I thought Obi-Wan died. I said 'yes' right off the bat. He then countered: "Are you sure? After Obi-Wan "dies", Darth Vader kicks around Obi's cloak. When he does this, there are no rips or tears or anything. There is a theory that Obi-Wan didn't die, but was so intuned with the Force, that he willed himself to disappear." I didn't believe it at all.

Then yesterday, I was watching Episode III, and at the end when Obi agrees to take Luke to his family and watch over him, Yoda says, "In your solitude, on Tatooine, training I have for you. An old friend, has unlocked the path to immortality. One who has returned from another world of the Force. Your old master. Qui-Gon."

Now I'm not sure what to think. What do you guys think?? confused

Last edited by BrieFowl on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/bbc_hates_me
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 am

Oh my I never thought of that!!!!! I Sony know...I kindda would like it if he didn't die!!!!
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:39 am

Wow that is super interesting i never even thought about that i always taken it for granted that he died and didn't think past that. But then he appears with anakin and yoda in "force ghost form" so i wonder how that would be but very interesting theory. Any theory that keeps obiwan alive is a plus for me Smile
Back to top Go down
bbc_hates_me

bbc_hates_me

PostSubject: George Lucas??   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:29 am

I know most people wouldn't have even noticed this. I tend to over analyze these things so.... yea...

But I would love if Obi-Wan never died. I love Obi-Wan! He's amazing! I wonder if George Lucas even knows........... confusedyoda
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm

No. Sorry. Very advanced Force users bodies disappear when they die. And Yoda meat learning how to become a and communicate with Force Ghosts.
And Lucas 'not knowing' doesn't even make sense. He created it.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Hey, Pink, be a little more polite please.

I think it's very interesting. I think they said something about this in a book somewhere, I'll have to look it up. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:22 pm

I've thought about this, but I really have no clue! xD It seems that anything could've happened! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:26 pm

PINK its just a theory or idea of course there is a definite answer that Lucas knows but that doesn't mean we can't think about it or theorize about it. there are alot of things left up to the fans imagination in starwars so its just an opinion and as for Lucas not knowing i think she is referring to him not knowing about the idea some fans came up with how it would be possible for obiwan to live

just a theory/opinion its okay to diagree but don't completly discount it either Smile i personally think its interesting i'm not sure if i complelty agree 100% with it but its cool to think about
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:28 pm

What was impolite about my comment? And anyways, Brie asked what we thought, so I said what I thought. I just stated the facts. And how would Lucas not know? uh hu

Pink out.

I've always wanted to say that... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:39 pm

I gotta agree with Pink. It's pretty obvious that Obi-Wan is killed by Vader; sure we see Vader prodding Kenobi's cloak with his foot but he doesn't really move it around, and the way the cloak fell to the ground just conceals any rips or burns from the lightsaber.

What Yoda says at the end of RotS means that Qui-Gon figured out how to become a part of the living Force after death and is able to appear as a Force ghost, can still interact with the living, etc. But it's pretty definitive that Obi-Wan dies in ANH; Lucas has often talked about his reasoning for killing off Obi-Wan at that point in the story.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:47 pm

sarahthegeek wrote:
I gotta agree with Pink. It's pretty obvious that Obi-Wan is killed by Vader; sure we see Vader prodding Kenobi's cloak with his foot but he doesn't really move it around, and the way the cloak fell to the ground just conceals any rips or burns from the lightsaber.

What Yoda says at the end of RotS means that Qui-Gon figured out how to become a part of the living Force after death and is able to appear as a Force ghost, can still interact with the living, etc. But it's pretty definitive that Obi-Wan dies in ANH; Lucas has often talked about his reasoning for killing off Obi-Wan at that point in the story.

Thank you XD
Back to top Go down
Winter Celchu27

Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:54 pm

I don't know.... I never even thought about that. But I think he really does die. Wink
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm pretty sure he dies, but thats a cool theory!
Back to top Go down
bbc_hates_me

bbc_hates_me

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
No. Sorry. Very advanced Force users bodies disappear when they die. And Yoda meat learning how to become a and communicate with Force Ghosts.
And Lucas 'not knowing' doesn't even make sense. He created it.

Hey Pink! I don't think the comment was rude. After all, I did ask for your opinion... Anyways, on your comment that Lucas 'not knowing' doesn't make sense, I love writing fiction. It is one of my favorite pastimes. Sometimes, I write things that I don't even know about.
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Well yeah, but Obi-Wan's death is a pretty big plot point. Of course Lucas knows what he meant with that scene; he meant to kill Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Ashley Amidala

Ashley Amidala

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:53 pm

*happy dance*

I'm all for believing he lives still!!

Yet, how could the three dead greats be explained at the end of ROTJ?
Back to top Go down
http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???   Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies.  Or does he??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obi-Wan Kenobi Dies. Or does he???
Page 1 of 1