Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem Solving

Go down 
+11
Jedi~Chick
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
sokafan4ever
AlynaJoe13
Leia Organa
Padme's Japor Snippet
allishmalli
shaak ti
Duchess Satine Kenobi
jedigirl1990
Amaranthine
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

Problem Solving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:23 am

Ok I want to chime in on the movie thing...ok so Twilight I am not allowed to watch them and such but I want to read the books and atleast give it a chance :/ and Harry Potter I don't care at all to see because it has sorcery and "dark" magic in a positive influence and that it dishonoring to God. (I hope I didn't offend any one...sorry)
Back to top Go down
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:26 am

I love my iPod Touch, but it can be such a distraction to me. xP
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:31 am

YES I AGREE 100%
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:24 am

I know I'm hyping the Apple brand, but Apple has very good quality products, which are aesthetic, easy to use, and good customer service. They are a little more expensive, but if you like to use them a lot, it's worth it. And you can get good used ones(older generations) on amazon that are usually just as good as brand new.

And I'm totally giving up on convincing you guys to read HP, and not read THG/Twilight, it's your own mind after all XD. The bottom line is to be careful because what you put into your mind, it stays for the rest of your life Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:46 am

Yeah... *is scared* Well...I don't know that my parents will want me watching/reading Twilight anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://pjswritingobsessed.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks everyone for the music player advice!

And about HP, I'm done arguing so . . . to each her own. But having read both HP and Twilight, I've got to say Twilight is actually a lot darker than Harry Potter. Trust me.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:49 am

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:54 am

How dark are they both compared to LotR and PotC? Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:06 am

I'd say Harry Potter is about the same as LotR. The first few are really light, but as the series goes on it gets darker. Twilight isn't as much dark as it is weird and creepy. And it has some questionable content.
Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks. Smile That helps.
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks for the input
Back to top Go down
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah, I'd never be allowed to read Twilight. I think the positive portrayal of vampires and werewolves in those books would desensitize people to the evil of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:38 pm

I'll chime in a bit here...................

I /may/ give Harry Potter a chance....but we'll see. I usually don't like witchcraft/sorcery because it makes me feel uneasy. Percy Jackson makes me feel uncomfortable, I stopped reading them.

Twilight I am strongly against. I tried reading the books, so that I wouldn't be judging something before I actually tried them, and honestly, I was freaked out after the first few chapters. Razz I felt EXTREMELY bad for reading them.....I was guilty for ages over it. XD I am NEVER reading the books again, (I didn't even get through teh first one mind you) and I'll NEVER watch the movies. They look far too demented and demonic for me to handle. Razz (I hope I didn't offend anyone!!!!!)

That's my little two cents in there....Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm not offended. lol My best friend love Twilight for some reason I can't fathom, so she's the real reason I read them. I found them kind of ridiculous. She also loves Harry Potter too, and she is one of the strongest Christians I know.

My only opinion about this kind of thing is it's all about your own convictions. I know that the Bible says that if one person believes something is evil, than for that person, it is evil. And you should never do something that would make your brother (or sister Wink ) stumble. However, one person's convictions aren't necessarily another's. As long as we all respect each other's individual convictions (which we seem to do Smile ), I think we're good. Smile
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Exactly my point!!! Well put Smile(:
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Smile Hope I didn't sound too preachy there. lol
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi guys. So about a month ago, I discovered a website where people "debate" about...well, things that are important. And I began to participate, defending my God. I have been as polite and respectful as I can. However, they refuse to show me the same consideration. While my faith is not harmed, my mind may be. But I fear that if I become silent, it will show them that Christians are cowards. I desperately need help. I don't know what to do, what to say to what they tell me. I feel so stressed. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I know this is going too seem cowardly, but leave. It doesn't matter what they think of you, especially if they never see you again.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Good, good good question. This is something that Christians struggle with all over the internet.

I've observed and seen several incidents, and struggled with myself. It really does depend on the website, but...

I know you'll hate this answer, but the best advice I can give you is to drop the website like a hot potato. Leave it, never look back.

The reason is that no matter how well argued, respectful, and well thought out your arguments will be, they will almost never lead someone to Christ or make them see your point of view. The internet doesn't work that way. You cannot lawyer someone into heaven without a personal relationship with them. Debate is good for strengthening the faith, but it's always best to try it with a real person. There's just something about the internet....

The cost is just too great. Debating on the internet, especially with people who make fun of you, scrape at your arguments like sandpaper, and are rude and disrespectful, will destroy you and your faith. You'll get depressed, feel trapped, and not be able to think about anything else.

It's a myth that backing down means you are a coward. You have nothing to lose by leaving them, and nothing to gain by staying there.

Have you ever heard of the word "meek"? God blesses the meek. Meek doesn't mean "weak.". It means you are wise about choosing your battles and when to stand up and when to turn the other cheek.

Christians don't have to be sharp-tongued word ninjas(though they do exist) who win every argument. The best thing for us to do is to avoid getting into tussles on the internet and allot our time and energy toward more important things, like deepening our relationship with our God and spending time sharing God's word and our arguments with the real live people around us.

You have two options. 1.) Just don't log back on again. Forget about them. This is the best option, by the way.

or 2.) Log on saying simply that you're busy with schoolwork or whatever and you won't be posting anymore. You don't have to say anything particularly eloquent.

Oftentimes, it's stubbornness and pride that keeps us in situations like this, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Yep, Amaranthine's right. You may want to help these people, but you are His Princess, and you don't have to take no stuff Wink
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Wink Wow. Thanks, guys. I see what you are saying, and I will take you at your advice. :')

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:26 pm

I agree with Amaranthine!!!

And really, it's better to not even look at websites like that at all, because it'll just make you frustrated.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:04 pm

yeah, when i get into a debate about religion, I point out facts, not just say "well, how would we be here with out God?" But definitely leave the site. or if you still want to be on that site, though, change your username and debate about other things!

I have a rather awkward predicament: My brother mentioned that he has ann e-mail, and I even saw him logging out. I promised not to tell anyone, but now i feel guilty. Mom and Dad don't know, and we are supposed to ask before we make one.

He is 10 years old, and I feel it is my responsibility to tell my parents, but also I feel binded to my promise. What do i do?
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Girlfriend.....I can SO RELATE.

Lemme explain quickly. I am EXTREMELY opinionated. When it comes to politics, religion and my values, I am a force to be reckoned with! I can talk people into and out of things very quickly, and I have a quick temper and tongue.

I was kicked off (my by mother, mind you) of Her Universe's forums (again, just by my mom, not a moderator or anything....wait....moderator on HU? what am I saying??? LOL sorry...).....because I was being my stupid opinionated self. I got into a debate about politics and I think even faith, with a certain member who drives me crazy to this day (even though the forums don't exist anymore!).
So my advice is the same as Amaranthine's.

LEAVE. GET OUT NOW. Seriously, it will save you a lot of stress and anger in the long run. Defend your God in other ways....PRAY for those haters, LOVE on them. Wink Leave the site in the dust, and hang here where we're respectful of each other's opinions. TLF is my safe haven.....the internet can be a very dangerous place.

Besides, we all love you way to much to see you get hurt by some jerks. Razz *hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:03 pm

I'd say tell your parents shaak ti
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem Solving   Problem Solving - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem Solving
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: