Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic) Empty
PostSubject: A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic)   A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi everyone! This is my new story! I was supposed to be typing up a packing list for vacation this morning but I got sidetracked and wrote this instead. xD It’s about Narnia! It takes place sometime during the 15 years that Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy reigned in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. My brother Zack, sister Hannah and I are in it too! This will probably have lots of chapters that are about different funny events. It probably won’t be very serious, and I hope it will make you laugh a little! Smile

Narnia belongs to C.S Lewis. The only characters that I own are Lord Bangladash, Strider the dog, Me, Hannah, and Zack… thought I don’t really own Hannah and Zack… Oh well.

Chapter one – In which Susan prepares for the visit of a nobleman from Caloreman.

Queen Susan bustled down the halls of Cair Paravel. She had to see that everything was ready in time for an important ball that evening. Lord Bangladash was coming and everything had to be perfect for the great Calormen noble. She sighed in frustration at having to entertain the impolite Calorman, but she knew it was her duty, and Peter and Edmund were going to discuss some important business with him.

Hearing laughter, Queen Susan dashed into the kitchen, none too gracefully. Hannah was busy frosting a chocolate cake under the close supervision of Lucy, who was mixing up a bowl of batter. Edmund was fixing a bowl of punch.

“We’re almost done, only four more cakes to go!” Hannah announced, looking longingly at the cake.
“This is the last batch of punch!“ Edmund added.
“Wonderful, keep up the hard work.” Susan said absentmindedly as she pulled out the parchment on which her to-do list was written.

Number one – check on Hannah and Edmund with the food and drinks. Check. She quickly marked it.

Number two – Make sure Rachel has finished decorating the ballroom. I’d better hurry! She smiled tiredly at Hannah, Edmund and Lucy, then ran down the hall.

Susan strode purposefully into the ballroom. OH NO!!! She hid her face in her hands. Rachel was hanging a blue banner. BLUE!!! The whole room was draped in blue decorations of every kind!!! This would never do, Lord Bangladash’s favorite color was green! She had heard that the last time Bangladash had gone into a room decorated with blue he threw a tantrum, had the decorators arrested, and had to go to bed after suffering terrible headaches!
“RACHEL!!!” Susan shouted, in a not so very gentle way.
“Yes?” Rachel cringed.
“BANGLADAHS’S… FAVORITE… COLOR… IS… GREEN!!!!!!!” Susan shouted.
“Oops, I’m so sorry!” Rachel apologized.
Susan inwardly kicked herself for her harsh tone. “No, you didn’t know, I shouldn’t have blown up at you, I’m the one who should be sorry.” She quickly said.
“Don’t worry about it, I can tell you’re really stressed.” Rachel assured her.
“Thanks,” Susan sighed. “Just take all those blue decorations down and I’ll send someone to help you with the green ones.” She smiled and pulled out her list.

Number three – Make sure Peter finishes his speech.

Susan cringed.

As she quickly ran up the steps leading to Peter’s study she wondered if anything else could go wrong. The door opened as she approached it and Peter strode out. Susan didn’t have time to stop and ran right into him.
“Ah Susan, just who I was looking for.” Peter grabbed his sister’s shoulders to keep her from falling.
“Thanks Peter.” Susan said quickly, pulling out her list, “Have you-”
Peter cut her off. ”I just finished it.”
Susan sighed in relief.
“Susan, you look exhausted, is there anything I can help you with?” Peter questioned.
“I’m ok, but could you go help Rachel decorate the ballroom?” She asked.
“Of course.” Peter replied. “Just don’t wear yourself out, this ball is going to turn out great.” “Thanks Peter, I hope you’re right.” She replied, scanning over her list as her brother hurried down the stairs.

Number four – Check on the Zack with the fireworks.

Susan had a bad feeling, a very bad feeling as she hurtled down the hall in the direction of loud banging noises.

-----------------------------

Chapter Two – In which Susan is almost blown to smithereens.

Zack was sitting on the floor in the middle of a large room busily inspecting fireworks with a box of matches by his side.

“Hello Zack, how do they look?” Susan asked very warily.

“Well, there’s good news, really good news, and really, really good news.” Zack announced with pride.

“Well?” Susan asked nervously.

“The good news is that the fireworks came!” Zack grinned.

Susan nodded with dread of the better news.

“The really good news is that they work.” Here Zack indicated a scorch mark on the ceiling.

Susan gasped in anger. “And the really good news?” She asked with a shudder.

“I’ve been experimenting and I’ve made them even better!” Zack enthusiastically said as he lit the fuse on the firework he was holding.

Susan gave a little scream and dove for cover as Zack giggled in anticipation.

Fifteen seconds and one huge explosion later…

“THAT… WAS… AWESOME!!!!!” Zack yelled at the top of his lungs. His face(not to mention the whole room) was black with soot.

Susan shakily stood up from the box she had hidden behind and staggered down the hall.

Number four… check. The Gentle Queen really, really hoped that Lord Bangladash liked fireworks.

Number five – Get dressed and fix my hair. Phew. Susan sighed, that should be easy enough.

She strode down the hall to her room, wiping soot off her dress as she went. Once in her room, Susan walked straight to her wardrobe and picked out a long green dress with golden embroidery and loose fitting sleeves. A little while later she sat in front of the mirror fixing her hair. A quick glance out the window at the fading daylight revealed that Lord Bangladash and his courtiers would soon arrive. Susan clapped her hands and a big dog ran in, tongue lolling and tail wagging furiously.

“Strider at your service, what can I do for you milady?” The sandy colored dog asked enthusiastically.

“Will you please ask Rachel and Peter make sure everyone gets ready for the ball in time” Susan said quickly, applying some light makeup and smiling at the helpful dog.

“Right away my queen!” Strider barked, loping out the door.

I hope all goes as planned… Susan thought tiredly as she walked to the kitchen to oversee the placement of the food.

Hope you like it, more coming soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic)   A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 pm

I cant wait for more!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic)   A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:20 pm

That was great Rachel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy I loved it!!!!!!!!! Haha.....awesome job! I can't wait to read more!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic)   A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:41 am

That was AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to read more!!!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic)   A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Day in the Life of Queen Susan (Narnia fanfic)
Page 1 of 1