Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clone Wars Rewatch

Go down 
+2
Bluesaber3
GeneralSnips
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:58 pm

This is where we can discuss the episodes as we rewatch them. If you're coming in late or if you miss a few, don't worry! Just watch the episodes for each day on the days that you can and we can all come talk about them. Don't feel pressured to participate every single day either if you have things going on. This is just for fun and to get some energy back on the forum! So let's get to watching!!! Very Happy plokoon dancechewy captain rex anakin bane soka
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Today is day 1 of our Clone Wars rewatch! I believe we were planning on starting with the Clone Wars movie!

It's going to be cool re-living the introduction of our favorite padawan! Do any of you remember where you were and how old you were when you first saw the Clone Wars movie?
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Yay! I'm so excited!

I'm going to watch the movie really soon here.

And I believe I was 15 when I finally watched the movie. I saw pieces of it in music videos people had done and when I asked they told me about the movie, I found it on Netfix and watched it, I was super happy to find out how Ahsoka came to be Anakin's padawan and now I have it on my ipad ^_^
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 5:00 pm

The movie wasn't actually the first bit of Clone Wars I ever saw- I got into the show before I really knew how to navigate the internet and we didn't own any of the seasons, so I just watched whatever we recorded on TV. I think it was a few months after I got into the show that I finally watched the movie and I never understood the hate it got, because I thought it was great. Razz As for the age, I was probably about twelve.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Just finished watching Smile Such nostalgia already! Its funny to see how Ventress went from the despised person to someone who actually helped Obi-Wan and Ahsoka XD

So, what are your three favorite quotes from today's viewing?
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 1:18 am

Okay, so live-posting is probably one of the best parts about rewatching a show so I'm gonna do that.
(It ended up taking me like five hours to watch this bc I kept getting distracted but it got done in the end. Also, the live-posting got really long so I'm gonna put it under a spoiler thing.)

Spoiler:

The movie is still as good as I remember it being! I don't think I could pick three quotes, I love all of Anakin and Ahsoka's banter. Razz
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:53 am

So I just realized that I stupidly watched the movie and two eps yesterday Rolling Eyes I guess I should have figured that the movie would have consisted three movies for the first day. I feel like an idiot...
So I'll watch one eps today so I'm caught up and to be fare XD

And I totally agree with everything you said SWA ^_^
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:52 am

I actually saw the movie in theaters when it first came out. We went for my dad's birthday and I remember my brother getting annoyed because this kid next to him kept talking through the whole movie XD I would have been 11 at the time Shocked I was so little! But I remember loving Ahsoka so much. My friend and I used to pretend to be padawans like her and we would roll up our shirts to make tube tops lol!

I love the idea of live-posting it, SWA! I'm going to do that too!

Spoiler:

I don't know if I could pick three favorite quotes either. I love "I'm a Jedi Knight -- or soon will be!" and most of Anakin and Ahsoka's lines.

And that's ok, GS!
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Watching Shadow of Malevolence now XD

I think I'm going to try live-posting too

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:52 pm

I like your live-posts! Very Happy

This is already bringing back so many memories. I remember that I didn't even want to watch the show at first (even though I loved the movie -- idk, I was weird back then), but my brother wanted to so we recorded the first two episodes on the night they premiered. I absolutely loved them and we rewatched them every day that week until the new episode could come out XD Really now that I think about it Clone Wars is what kept my love for Star Wars so strong. This show has affected my life in so many ways. It's what helped me make all of my wonderful friends on here, and it is what got me interested in studying film/animation, which I am now going to college for.

How has this show affected your lives?
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:45 pm

omg so i didn't watch the movie (it wasnt' on netflix) but i watched the first three episodes this morning and it brings back so many memories :')

From a viewing standpoint, looking at these old episodes it's amazing to see how far the animation went within 5 years. And the voice acting got so much better, too!! Haha, Ahsoka was so young xD

From a more personal, nostalgic view, it brings back memories of how much i LOVED Ahsoka! she was my favorite character for so long (and still has a special place in my heart <3).
Actually, she's what kind of "sealed the deal" for me and Star Wars. I had been a fan of SW for years, and i didn't think i could love it more. I remember sitting in the theater with my dad, brother, and a few friends. The scene in which she was introduced is the moment i sold my soul to the fandom xD

She was so adorable and just an innocent little child and... haha this has kind of become a rant on how much ahsoka means to me lol. But she was such an inspiring, strong character to grow up with- I was always about the same age as her, and it was really nice to have such an awesome Jedi girl to grow up with haha

She was my first cosplay, and i always get super attached to characters i cosplay...

I think TCW had such an influence on me bc of TLF. It's how i connected to you girls and made so many awesome friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 pm

That's so cool, Shaak Ti! Yeah, Ahsoka is so wonderful!

"Ambush" live-post:

Spoiler:

"Rising Malevolence"

Spoiler:

"Shadow of Malevolence"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:23 am

The show and Star Wars in general effected my life in many ways. Star Wars it self brought me closer to my big brother who was the first generation in the fandom and I love watching the movies with him.

As for TCW, it helped me though a lot of rough times I was going though then, at that time i was a young teen who had just moved across the US, leaving friends behind and not having many in her new place, self conscious about how she looked, and very shy it gave me something normal to hold on to. As weird as it may sound Ahsoka became my best friend and to this day when I'm a scardy cat about doing new or scary things I tell myself "Ahsoka could so this with no problem."
And I'm sure I sound completely nuts for making a animated character someone that gave me courage, but she did.

I remember being bored one afternoon and I was looking over the channels and I came across "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and that was the Mortis arc. I was excited to see Ani and Obi-Wan but then this young girl with head tails comes on the screen and instantly I had a connection to her and from then on I was sucked into the fandom.

This fandom also gave me a chance to meet all of you, to find a place where I truly belonged and wasn't chastised for how I look or who I am. And I made a best friend that now I couldn't live without. And it showed me how much I wanted to be a writer and to persue my dreams.

Okay, so now that I gave you my life story Razz Sorry, I don't know why I always get sappy when I write these things XD
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Rookies
Spoiler:

Downfall of a Droid
Spoiler:

Duel of the Droids
Spoiler:

That was a great group of episodes and I really enjoyed seeing them again ^_^
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:10 pm

What a great story, GS! Very Happy It's really heartwarming reading how much this show and Ahsoka have affected us.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 9:00 pm

I started watching The Clone Wars shortly after I got into Star Wars. One of the first episodes I ever saw of Ahsoka was Jedi Crash and I had really been struggling with being a girl and liking Star Wars. I was ashamed of it, I thought it was for boys and I tried to hide or downplay my love for it whenever I was around other people. And then, onscreen came this teenaged girl Jedi, and she was a main character! She was keeping up with the guys! And she was so cool! She and Her Universe really helped me accept that there was a place for girls within Star Wars after all.

I got pretty sick with an infection about a year and a bit after I started liking Star Wars, and that infection lasted another year and a half after that (and then there were surgeries and things but I won't get into that. I'm okay now.) When I was in so much pain that I physically couldn't stand up, I would watch the Clone Wars, and see this girl my age doing kicks and backflips and all these things that I couldn't do. It was... inspiring to see.

My love of Star Wars, specifically the Clone Wars pretty much kept me going during the three years total that I was dealing with that illness. Whenever I thought I couldn't do it anymore, I just remembered that I had conventions and new seasons of the Clone Wars to look forward to. This show means a lot to me, because it was pretty much my lifeline when I was younger.

On a bit of a lighter note, my writing has improved so much because of all the fanfics I've written for TCW so I have that to thank it for as well. Razz
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 9:07 pm

"Destroy Malevolence"
Spoiler:

"Rookies"

Spoiler:

"Downfall of a Droid"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 9:10 pm

That's such a great story, SWA!

I remember trying to downplay that I liked Star Wars at first too. I felt like I was too old to like Star Wars, especially The Clone Wars, so I tried to hide the fact that I watched it. I was really embarrassed about it until I found HU and found a lot of girls my age, as well as adults, who watched the show. I started reading blogs by adults who were writing in-depth, thought-provoking reviews of the show from an adult perspective, and that's when I realized that Clone Wars was much more than a "kid show". Then being surrounded by girls my age who liked the show helped me realize that I didn't have to be embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Bombad Jedi
Spoiler:

Cloak of Darkness
Spoiler:

Lair of Grievous
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 am

“Duel of the Droids”

Spoiler:

“Bombad Jedi”

Spoiler:

“Cloak of Darkness”

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Wow I missed three days worth of watching, oh boy.

I don't think I'm going to do a live post this time, it depends how I feel when I watch them XD
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Dooku Captured
Spoiler:

The Gungan General
Spoiler:

Jedi Crash and Defenders of Peace
Spoiler:

I decided not to live post the rest but they're all great and enjoyable ^_^
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:51 pm

I got a bit behind too! I typed up live-posts for some but lost track after a while. Now, if I'm correct tomorrow we will have the Ryloth trilogy? I lost track of where we are Razz

Do you guys maybe just want to set it for each week instead of each day? For example, be at x episode by the end of the week? That way everyone can watch as their schedule allows if they are busy one day.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Here are the live posts I managed to type up:

“Lair of Grievous”

This episode always creeped me out too!

I love Kit Fisto so much, though!

I like how Grievous’s backstory is hinted at in this episode.

“Dooku Captured”

Love this one!

“At least you’re a master — at getting caught.” LOL!

The intro of Hondo! The awesomest space pirate in the galaxy!

“The Gungan General”

I love this episode too! Anakin and Obi-Wan’s interactions with Dooku are priceless.

“The count is an elderly gentleman and doesn’t move like he used to.” XD

“Count Dooku does not share our sense of honor, and he knows where you live.” Best closing line to an episode.

“Jedi Crash”

I always loved the battle at the beginning! It looks cool

Poor Anakin!

“Are all Jedi so reckless? Just the good ones.” Love this line.

Lemur people!

“Defenders of Peace”

George Takai!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 2:01 am

I only have a general idea of where we are in the rewatch (I sort of got waaay behind and lost count) so I'm gonna do the pirate episodes and the lurmen episodes because they're some of my faves.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clone Wars Rewatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Rewatch   Clone Wars Rewatch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clone Wars Rewatch
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next