Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something interesting I noticed

Go down 
+7
jedigirl1990
allishmalli
Pinksaber13
Leia Organa
Jedi~Chick
Ahsoka Tano
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Something interesting I noticed  Empty
PostSubject: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm

I noticed something interesting while reading Star Wars EU (expanded universe) and watching Season 3 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Well, back when Obi-Wan Kenobi was still a Padawan, his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, fell in love with his childhood friend Tahl. All the way during Obi-Wan's apprentinceship, Tahl always seemed to look out for him and even helped fix the rift that had grown between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan due to Obi-Wan's temporary leave from the Order. Her actions towards him made me think she was his Maternal figure, just like his Master was his paternal figure. The same thing happened with Obi-Wan, Siri, Anakin. Siri and Obi-Wan had fallen in love has Padawan's but hid it because they didn't want to leave the Order. Well, during Anakin's apprenticeship, Siri looked out for Anakin and took care of him, like a mom. Obi-Wan did the same for Siri's Padawan, Ferus Olin; acting as a Father. Then, Anakin secretly married Padme Amidala and when Anakin got an Apprentice, Ahsoka Tano, Padme seemed to look out for her and treat her as a daughter. When I realized this, it got me to thinking....I wonder if it was a way Jedi coped with the no attatchment rule (I agree with the rule and see why it was necassary, but still). Regarding Padme, since she wasn't a Jedi, she most likely understood the Master-Padawan bond very well and knew that it was like parent and child. And since her husband had a Padawan, she thought of the young girl has a daughter. I wonder if any of these same happening happened with other Jedi or if was just this streak. My guess is that is it happened with other Jedi as well. I would love to delve deeper into this which I might do in a fanfiction.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Location : Beyblading with Gingka Hagane on Coruscant for the Galactic Beyblading Tournament.

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:24 am

Wow, that's really cool! I never noticed that! I think you should write a Fanfiction about it! I'd love to read it!
Back to top Go down
http://apadawansview.blogspot.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks, Ahsoka! Smile
You know, I might just write a fanfiction about this sometime. Thanks for the idea Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 am

I love that. I noticed that as well, that the "saga" has a real family feel to it. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:37 am

Smile Yeah, if you really think about it, the saga is just as much about family and friendship as it is about war, tragedy, adventure, and victory.
That's what makes Star Wars so great Smile
Back to top Go down
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 pm

That is interesting! You should totally do a fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks!
I'll start the fanfiction sometime soon Smile (It will probably be a multi-chapter one).
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:39 pm

LOL! Actually, I've always noticed that! I kind of characterize them like that in humor fics too. And Padmè is kind of like a mother to Ahsoka and Farah in Light and Dark... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
LOL! Actually, I've always noticed that! I kind of characterize them like that in humor fics too. And Padmè is kind of like a mother to Ahsoka and Farah in Light and Dark... Very Happy

That's cool, Pink Smile
I'll have to check out your fanfiction Smile
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:36 pm

It make sense if you think about it. Apprenticeship is just like parenting (according to my pastor's definition of apprenticeship). As an apprentice, you learn a certain skill from your Master, you master the skill yourself, and then you teach it to someone else. In life, you learn how to live, function, and succeed from your parents, you "master living" yourself, and then (when you're married, of course) you teach your children the same thing to your children.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:33 am

allishmalli wrote:
It make sense if you think about it. Apprenticeship is just like parenting (according to my pastor's definition of apprenticeship). As an apprentice, you learn a certain skill from your Master, you master the skill yourself, and then you teach it to someone else. In life, you learn how to live, function, and succeed from your parents, you "master living" yourself, and then (when you're married, of course) you teach your children the same thing to your children.

True. That's one of the reasons I like the Master-Apprentice relationship so much.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:00 am

I have noticed that. I love looking at the relationship between master and padawan as well as those close to the masters and the master's padawan. One thats interesting to clone wars since we don't get to see it in the movies because quigon died before anakin started training and in the book quigon's master dooku left before obiwan became a padawan is the relationship between the master's former master and the padawan (obiwan/ahsoka) i hope they show it a bit more during clone wars for some reason i think its super cool
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:15 pm

jedigirl1990 wrote:
I have noticed that. I love looking at the relationship between master and padawan as well as those close to the masters and the master's padawan. One thats interesting to clone wars since we don't get to see it in the movies because quigon died before anakin started training and in the book quigon's master dooku left before obiwan became a padawan is the relationship between the master's former master and the padawan (obiwan/ahsoka) i hope they show it a bit more during clone wars for some reason i think its super cool

Oh yes, I wish they would too! It would be very interesting to see. And I really enjoy the scenes where Obi-Wan and Ahsoka interact- they seem to work well together Smile
Back to top Go down
Winter Celchu27

Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Thats cute! Really sweet how Tahl watched over Anakin and such. Wink I've always loved Tahl, such an interesting character.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Winter Celchu27 wrote:
Thats cute! Really sweet how Tahl watched over Anakin and such. Wink I've always loved Tahl, such an interesting character.

Thanks Winter! Smile

Though Tahl looked after Obi-Wan, not Anakin Smile(she was a contemporary of Qui-Gon).
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala wrote:
Winter Celchu27 wrote:

Thanks Winter! Smile

Though Tahl looked after Obi-Wan, not Anakin Smile(she was a contemporary of Qui-Gon).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

SnipsSkywalker wrote:
Winter Celchu27 wrote:

Thanks Winter! Smile

Spoiler:

I agree, Snips :(
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 pm

I agree snips
Back to top Go down
Winter Celchu27

Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Winter Celchu27 wrote:

Thanks Winter! Smile

Oh, oops. XDD I got my Padawans and Masters mixed up! LOL

Yeah, thats sad Tahl died. :/ I really liked her.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Winter Celchu27 wrote:
Winter Celchu27 wrote:

Thanks Winter! Smile

Oh, oops. XDD I got my Padawans and Masters mixed up! LOL

Yeah, thats sad Tahl died. :/ I really liked her.

That's okay, I've done that before too Smile
It is really sad :(
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Ooh, Snips... they were such a good pair. How did she die again? I forget...
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
Ooh, Snips... they were such a good pair. How did she die again? I forget...

[/ She was kept in a sensory deprivation containment device and slowly injected a drug that sapped her of her strength and she eventually died //]
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Aww... thats sad.

But i think that thats a cool theory. It probably happend among other groups of Jedi, too.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:42 pm

I agree, it did Smile
Back to top Go down
SolaceUtara

SolaceUtara

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Yeah I noticed it too Smile From what I saw most of the master-padawan relationships are almost like father/mother and offspring. There are only a few ones mentioned that are not- like Thame and Dooku, or Dooku and Qui-Gon. And maybe Jusik and Zey can fit, but I don't really care about Jusik since he had this "Mando good, Jedi bad" concept Traviss fits in him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prophetsoftheforce.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting I noticed    Something interesting I noticed  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something interesting I noticed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next