Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting Discovery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Interesting Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey! Okay, so I know I'm supposed to be doing homework right now, but I got side-tracked and discovered something interesting (at least it was to me).

Okay, so out of all TCW episodes (and the movie) so far, Ashley Eckstein's voice has been used for 53% of the episodes, Matt Lanter's has been used for 75%, James Arnold Taylor's has been used for 69%, Dee Bradley Baker's for 82%, Catherine Taber's for 30%, Tom Kane's for 100% (he is the narrator at the beginning of every episode), Corey Burton's for 49%, T.C. Carson's (Mace Windu) for 31%, Nika Futterman's (Asajj Ventress) for 19%, Ian Abercrombie's (Palpatine) for 23%, and Anthony Daniels' for 10% of the episodes.

I was a bit shocked, esp. at Ashley's, James', and Dee's numbers. I would have thought that their percentages would have been higher (esp. Dee's). Everyone else's I can understand perfectly, but not those three. What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:45 pm

wow that is really interesting at first I was shocked with the numbers but looking back at the episodes they do make sense except for Ashley's I am shocked Ahsoka was only in a little more than half the episodes thats kinda surprising.

I would of thought that James's would of been closer to Matt's if not higher considering most episodes anakin is in obiwan is in also and there is also Plo Koon and other voices he does so I guess that was a bit surprising. Dee's is a bit surprising but seems about right though it is the clone wars 82% seems about right though I am surprised with all the side noises he makes its not higher.

still very cool discovery indeed thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm

That actually makes sense. I'm a little sad about Ahsoka, though--she's the tritagonist of the series after all. She ought to get more lines/episodes. :/

I agree with you and JG about James and Dee's voices--they voice a ton of different characters, it seems like their numbers should be higher!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Ya, I guess it makes sort of makes sense (minus James and Dee). I am sad that Ashley/Ahsoka doesn't have more episodes than this. She is a main character, after all (in Pink's words, a "tritagonist"), so it would make sense for her to have more episodes.
In my mind, Ashley should be in the 60%-75% range, James should be in the 75%-90% range and Dee should be in the 90%-100% range. Everyone else's percentages make sense.
Another sad thing (to me) is that Ian Abercrombie's percentage is only going to go down since he passed away in 2012. I think that "The Lawless" was the last episode he recorded. Speaking of this, I wonder what TCW people are going to do now that Ian Abercrombie is gone. I hope whoever they replace him with is as good as him. I wonder if they might hire Ian McDiardmid (the original Palpatine) to voice Palpatine in the future. That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 am

someone did ask about that at a panel Dave kinda shot it down really he just said it would be cool but right now they were focusing on mourning Ian Abercrombie at that point and honoring his memory. But i do hope they find a replacement who will do it justice.

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Hey! I just saw that Tim Curry is the new Palpatine. I don't know who he is, but at least they found someone.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 pm

*GASP* I just discovered something on IMDB! You know the professor-headmaster-guy from Wizards of Waverly Place? He's played by Ian Abercrombie! That means that Palpatine is also a Wizard (if you think of it that way)! No wonder he's so powerful! I can't believe that I never recognized it before! But now that I know, I can totally hear Palpatine coming out of the wizard-professor-headmaster-guy!!!
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 4:07 pm

ROFL!!!! No way!!!! That's insanely funny, Alli, I think!! XD I had no idea!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Discovery   Interesting Discovery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Discovery
Page 1 of 1