Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luke and Mara

Go down 
+5
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Amaranthine
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
jedigirl1990
Kayla
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Please no one get mad at me. I really am mad that the EU got Luke married. I liked him single from the movies! The idea that Luke who is the best Jedi from movies 4-6 gets paired with the Emperor's right hand woman is like...*gags and chokes* It's far worse than the Lux/Soka pairing in my opinion. And Lux/Soka was pretty bad! I like some EU stuff because the SW adventures continue, but more often than not the EU seems to simply make the Trilogy character's family tree's all screwed up and do weird things with the awesome characters.

What do you all think? Anyone agree or am I just nuts?
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:50 am

haha your not nuts though i haven't read any EU with Mara Jade in it yet i agree I like luke single. but i got to say i do love luxsoka hehe. but i see what your saying and they do tend to do it alot even in the clone war Eu books they try to pair obiwan with some girl all the time its annoying because its not really his character I mean siri is great and i love them together that makes sense but taria i mean that just seemed forced or just to out there and yeah i am rambling now hehe oops but in short i agree i liked luke single
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:51 am

Oh good! I'm glad you agree! luke
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:38 am

I've never really read anything about Luke and Mara but from what I've heard I kind of like it.
Though I definitely understand what it's like to really dislike a pairing that almost everyone else likes. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:57 am

Hey, come on, it's not fair to judge when you haven't read anything with Luke/Mara in it Razz How can you say you like Luke single better than Luke married if you've never, you know, READ Luke married?
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:36 am

Because the Luke from the movie's was so awesome the way he was!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:26 pm

I actually love Luke/Mara (even though I haven't read any of it either Razz ) but I agree that it's sometimes annoying how far the EU takes it when messing with the fates of the movie characters.

I agree with jedigirl, an example that really annoys me is how Obi-Wan has, like, 4 different girlfriends in the EU Razz For most of them it just felt like the author was giving him a girlfriend just to make the author happy and not for the story. I'm not at all opposed to him having one girlfriend but giving him multiple girlfriends, in my opinion, is taking it too far and is not in his character.

Another example that really annoys me is how some author killed Chewbacca Mad

Maybe that's why I don't care much for the NJO stuff and all the books that come after RotJ, because I liked the ending in RotJ and speculating about what I think happened to the characters.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:37 pm

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
I actually love Luke/Mara (even though I haven't read any of it either Razz ) but I agree that it's sometimes annoying how far the EU takes it when messing with the fates of the movie characters.

I agree with jedigirl, an example that really annoys me is how Obi-Wan has, like, 4 different girlfriends in the EU Razz For most of them it just felt like the author was giving him a girlfriend just to make the author happy and not for the story. I'm not at all opposed to him having one girlfriend but giving him multiple girlfriends, in my opinion, is taking it too far and is not in his character.

Another example that really annoys me is how some author killed Chewbacca Mad

Maybe that's why I don't care much for the NJO stuff and all the books that come after RotJ, because I liked the ending in RotJ and speculating about what I think happened to the characters.

YES! I agree with you! Especially about Obi Wan. Oh and I was so sad when I heard Chewie died!!!
I think everything ended at ROTJ but I don't mind if everyone speculates. It just urks me when something becomes cannon simply because some author published a book.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
It just urks me when something becomes cannon simply because some author published a book.

I completely agree!!!! I mean, not to bash or anything, because I do enjoy the EU, but it's really just like published fan fiction. In my opinion, whatever George says is cannon is cannon and only what George says.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 pm

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
Kayla225 wrote:
It just urks me when something becomes cannon simply because some author published a book.

I completely agree!!!! I mean, not to bash or anything, because I do enjoy the EU, but it's really just like published fan fiction.

That's all right, we all have differing opinions on things. I actually enjoy the EU better than The Clone Wars (because I started reading some of the books back when I was around nine) and I definitely consider it canon but as they say, to each their own Smile
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:23 pm

LOL! And truthfully, I think Mara was a good match for him. She's pretty awesome, too XDD
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Pinksaber13 wrote:
LOL! And truthfully, I think Mara was a good match for him. She's pretty awesome, too XDD

From what I've heard about Mara, she's sounds really awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:51 pm

.....................NO COMMENT. NO COMMENT. NO COMMENT.

Just so you know, I'm about one of the BIGGEST Luke and Mara fans in the galaxy. XDDD It's best that I don't get onto this subject.

So yes, with all the love in the world, I think you are very nuts, Kayla. Wink *hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Jedi~Chick wrote:

Just so you know, I'm about one of the BIGGEST Luke and Mara fans in the galaxy. XDDD It's best that I don't get onto this subject.

So yes, with all the love in the world, I think you are very nuts, Kayla. Wink *hugs*

LOL, that's how I am about Obi-Wan and Siri Very Happy
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Mara and Luke since Mara sounds really awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:03 am

Jedi~Chick wrote:

Hee-hee. I totally know you love them but thank you for being civil about it.

ROFL, *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:31 pm

I LOVE Luke and Mara!! YAY!!

You should try reading something with Luke/Mara Kayla; Luke isn't any less awesome, he's probably MORE awesome! Sometimes pairings with characters that you are used to seeing single are weird and awkward to me, but Luke/Mara wasn't for me, personally. She's an awesome character, and if you love Leia, you'd probably love Mara too!! Smile You should give it a try before your opinion is set in stone. Heck, I'M even giving a try at LUX AND AHSOKA. (I'm writing a fanfic)
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:58 pm

XD Thanks Tahiri. I doubt I'll change my mind but I could give it a try. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:43 am

You should definitely try them before totallly disowning Luke/Mara. ;P They're at their best in Survivor's Quest and in Visions of the Future (my favorite book EVER) Smile

Mara is hilarious, and Luke is epicly amazing. <3333 I looooove him. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

Three cheers for Luke/Mara!

I love Survivor's Quest XD
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Me too!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Jedi~Chick wrote:

Mara is hilarious, and Luke is epicly amazing. <3333 I looooove him. Wink

I love him too. Maybe that has something to do with how I feel about it. XD
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Give it a trryyyyyyyy. Wink I originally hated Mara, because I thought she was too mean. Then I loved her. Wink now she's my favorite character!!!!

And Amaranthine, Survivor's Quest was EPIC. Wink I love that book. XD
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

It was random..funny...suspenseful..Razz I'm tempted to create a Jaina thread but it would sit around empty XD
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 am

Amaranthine wrote:
It was random..funny...suspenseful..Razz I'm tempted to create a Jaina thread but it would sit around empty XD

NOOOOOO! I would sit in it and fangirl!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 am

Tahiri Veila wrote:
Amaranthine wrote:

NOOOOOO! I would sit in it and fangirl!!!! XD
I LOVE Jaina Solo! When I was eleven she was my favorite Star Wars character ever and she's still one of my top favorites! There should definitely be a topic for her Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luke and Mara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and Mara   Luke and Mara Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke and Mara
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next