Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think of Luke Skywalker?

Go down 
+5
Jamie Joyce
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Winter Celchu27
sarahthegeek
Kayla
9 posters

What do you think of Luke SKywalker?
He's Awesome!
What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_lcap53%What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 10 ]
He's okay, but not my favorite.
What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_lcap37%What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 7 ]
He's a whiner and I hate him
What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_lcap10%What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
I'm neutral about him.
What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_lcap0%What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:12 am

What does every one think of Luke Skywalker? lightsaberfight luke
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:55 am

*deep breath*

BEST FICTIONAL CHARACTER EVER THE LOVE OF MY LIFE MY SPIRIT ANIMAL MY REASON FOR LIVING ETC ETC ETC.

Okay but seriously though, he is without a doubt my favorite character in Star Wars (and honestly, my favorite fictional character ever). I love his character arc and development (I could seriously write novels about his character development), I love his relationships with the other characters, I am a sucker for the hero's journey trope, and also he's really cute.

Part of it too is that (since he's the main character) he's involved in almost all the big emotional moments of the original trilogy; the destruction of the first Death Star, Vader's revelation, Vader's redemption, Vader's death, etc.

And he's extremely relatable, especially in ANH. I mean, who hasn't felt like Luke at some point? We have big dreams and want to go out and do great things, but we're tied down by our responsibilities and obligations. Sure, everyone wants to be cool snarky like Han (and for good reason, because Han is also awesome), but at heart I think a lot of us are more like Luke: a bit of a dork and probably a little whiny but with a desire to be the big hero and make a name for ourselves.

Plus I love him because despite all he's been through, he still remains an optimist at heart who is willing to find the best in everyone. He's world-weary without being a cynic and believes there's hope for anyone as long as they have even a tiny spark of goodness in them.

And he's also super-kickbutt awesome in Return of the Jedi and looks really good in all black, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:47 pm

OOOHHH! LOL! Very Happy I'm so glad you love him too! I feel the same way! TOTALLY!
Back to top Go down
Winter Celchu27

Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm

He's alright, but I'm not crazy about him. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Luke is AWESOME!!!!!!!! He's my fifth favorite Star Wars character(after Obi-Wan, Siri, Anakin, and Qui-Gon. My sixth is Jaina) and I love him in all the films, especially ROTJ where he saves his father from the darkside and turns him back into a Jedi once more(gives Luke a hug).
All in all, he's my favorite character of the Original Trilogy. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Jamie Joyce

Jamie Joyce

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I love Luke Skywalker---I sometimes can't believe how much hate he gets *is not meaning to start argument by that statement*. He's a real neat character and the star of the Originals! He has his downfalls, but that's what makes him more real.

And ditto what Sarah the Geek said. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.throughtwoblueeyes.wordpress.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 pm

He's not my favorite, but he's still pretty cool. I am forever grateful to him for bringing Anakin back.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:25 pm

@Jamie: your right about how his down falls make him more real! I think a lot of people can identify with Luke's troubles and failures. He's such a relateable character!

Last edited by Kayla on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:50 pm

What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Evenement-dernier-duel-entre-lumiya-et-luke-skywalker-6771

Luke Skywalker dealing with psychotic ex's...LOL.

By the way love Luke and after finding this I had to share it.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDeeto

ArtooDeeto

Location : In my rightful place, aboard the Jade Shadow during Fate of the Jedi!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Kinda gruesome ........ but I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kandykan

kandykan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Is that Lumiya in the picture? o_0 That's what happens when you make Luke Skywalker mad. Smile I love him! <3
Back to top Go down
http://kandykan.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 pm

LOL! GET HIM LUKE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 pm

kandykan wrote:
Is that Lumiya in the picture? o_0 That's what happens when you make Luke Skywalker mad. Smile I love him! <3

Oh, it's Lumiya alright!!

Beware don't mess with Luke! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 pm

I think Luke is pretty cool! Like Jamie said: how can so many people hate him? Maybe he gets annoying at times, but thats why hes such a great character. He is very relatable and realistic. Hes not my favorite character, but he makes my top 15 for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Luke Skywalker?   What do you think of Luke Skywalker? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Luke Skywalker?
Page 1 of 1