Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?

Go down 
+15
Winter Celchu27
SnipsSkywalker
Starwarsartist
Obi-Wan's Padawan
Kayla
Pinksaber13
AlynaJoe13
Jedi~Chick
sarahthegeek
jedigirl1990
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Ashley Amidala
Leia Organa
imdagiver
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How do you feel about Anakin?
I LOVE HIM! <3
What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_lcap38%What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 10 ]
uggh.. I can't stand him
What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_lcap4%What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
I have a love-hate relationship with him
What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_lcap46%What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 46% [ 12 ]
I claim neutrality C:
What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_lcap12%What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
imdagiver

imdagiver

What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:26 am

Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with him.

He has good intentions and he's awesome on the battlefield Smile ... but he has anger management and attachment issues.. Shocked

Back to top Go down
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 pm

We have a love-hate relationship. *le sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
Ashley Amidala

Ashley Amidala

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 pm

I have a love hate as well....He is super Cute, and I like bad guys...but he is just so...annoying. I dunno. I liked him in some parts, but in others...I was like, 'Meh.', and then in others, I grabbed Padme and said, "WHAT IN THE WORLD DO YOU SEE IN THIS GUY BESIDES LOOKS?!?!?".

Back to top Go down
http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I personally love him. And that's all because of TCW. Even when he acts like a total idiot, I still love to be mad about it XD I probably sound completely pathetic right now. . .
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 pm

I like him a lot, he's awesome!!!(well, before he goes all Vader Razz)
He's my third favorite character! I really like him in The Jedi Quest series, ROTS novel, the beginning of ROTS, TPM, and The Clone Wars
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Ashley Amidala

Ashley Amidala

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:42 am

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala wrote:
(well, before he goes all Vader Razz)

I actually like him better when he IS Vader....He seems more emotionally stable. I have problems with people with low EQ...Which is why I sometime hate myself... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:58 am

I LOVE him he's definitly not perfect but noone is right? he's soo cute and extreamly loyal he got carried away with things but my heart still went out to him gotta say i love him
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:53 am

I have such a love-hate relationship with him. He was a great character in RotS (especially in the novelization) but was written very poorly in AotC in my opinion.

But Anakin, his arc, and his romance with Padme is so tragic that I love it from a narrative standpoint, even if I sometimes get frustrated with his character (see: the super awkward sand speech in AotC and really just everything he does in that movie because he comes off as SO CREEPY to me).

Basically, I love his character in general but he has some moments of poor writing (and less-than-stellar acting). But generally I like him. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Love-Hate.....XD I dislike him for being so annoying in AotC and very whiny (coming from a Luke fangirl..) and I love him because he's hot and eventually does the right thing and rescues Luke from the Emperor. ;D
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm

I love Anakin. Like a bunch of other people have already said, he does have some parts where he gets a little annoying and I do kind of roll my eyes at the love scene in AotC, but still he's got a good heart. Way, way down deep. lol
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 pm

see i'm one of the few that isn't bothered by the love scene on AOTC sure it was a bit awkward but he's a jedi they don't exactly learn how to be romantic at the temple and it fit him. I actually liked the scene making me like him even more
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:52 pm

I thought the scenes were sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't really like Anakin too much. (speaking of the prequels Ani) He goes about romancing with Padme all wrong. If I were Padme, I don't think I would feel that safe. And, he badmouths Obi Wan behind his back and really is kinda whiny.
And seriously, when Obi Wan tells him 'We will take Dooku together.." and Anakin charges away, 'NO WELL TAKE HIM NOW!" personally, I think he sorta deserved to get his arm cut off. I mean Obi Wan and Anakin could of taken Dooku if Anakin would of listened!

I think the CW Anakin is cute and really cool! He isn't as annoying as the movie Ani. anakin
Back to top Go down
Obi-Wan's Padawan

Obi-Wan's Padawan

Location : In The Room of a Thousand Fountains....writing to my heart's content. :)

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:22 pm

His rampant emotions give me a headache sometimes. :p
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:36 pm

TCW Ani is EPIC!!
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:37 pm

YESHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And MINEEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
TCW Ani is EPIC!!
YESH YESH YESH!!
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Winter Celchu27

Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 pm

I love Anakin!! But I don't like him much as Darth Vader. xD
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Winter Celchu27 wrote:
I love Anakin!! But I don't like him much as Darth Vader. xD
Neither do I. :/
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Actually, the CW Ani and Prequels one aren't really the same. They are very different.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 am

still the same person just different times during his life in the movies he had to be shown going down the dark side in the matter of 3 movies with the clone wars there is time to show his more charming side but i love both "anis" NOT darth vader really
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh, but Darth Vader is the coolest villain though!

Anyways, I thought of something else that could have really improved him and made him more likable as a character in the prequels. I really wish we could have seen more moments of friendship between him and Obi-Wan. We get some in RotS but we have distressingly few in AotC, and i think that really hurts the audience's perception of him. Most of the time he's with Obi-Wan, he's complaining or being surly and insubordinate.

But the moments in RotS where we really see how much Obi-Wan and Anakin love each other (for example, the scene where Obi-Wan is about to leave to go fight Grievous and the two say goodbye) are the heart of the movie and make him such a sympathetic character. And those scenes also lend much more emotional resonance to Anakin's betrayal, because you're reminded that these two friends who are joking around and teasing each other and who've been through thick and thin are going to soon be fighting to the death over a river of lava.

tl;dr Anakin and Obi-Wan have SUCH A GOOD FRIENDSHIP and I wish that we'd been shown more of it.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:57 pm

I completely agree, Sarah!

We do get more of that friendship in Clone Wars, but it really was missing from AotC. xP
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 pm

I agree, Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship is one of the rest parts of both characters(though I really love both of them as individuals). I love how their friendship was in ROTS(and the little bits we saw in AOTC) and I'm so happy they've expanded on it in the books, comics, and both t.v shows. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:50 pm

I agree I love the relationship between anakin and obiwan and so glad we have clone wars to see more of it. But it kinda makes sense that he isn't that close to obiwan in Aotc well i mean they are still close but not as close as in clone wars or Rots because their relationship is different.
In aotc they are teacher and student so its natural anakin is going to be whinny towards him its apparent (probably given his life as a slave) he has a problem with authority
In rots and clone wars they have a more equal rank if that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?   What do you think of Anakin Skywalker? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Anakin Skywalker?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next