Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carnage of Krell

Go down 
+13
allishmalli
Jedi~Chick
Aay'liah
SnipsSkywalker
Pinksaber13
Bluesaber3
Cia Klivian
Wolffe's Chick
AlynaJoe13
jedigirl1990
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Starwarsartist
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:46 pm

I really don't see the problem with it to much. Um i don't agree with violence in kid's show but at the same time clone wars is different because though its a kids show they have a large teen/adult audience so it can't be completly kiddish because that would take away from it as a starwars show.

The violence in Clone wars isn't needless or senseless like in other shows (honestly watch almost any cartoon out there anymore and its either really crude humor or extreamly violent without really needing to be). At least in clone wars there is a reason for it it drives the fact that it is a war and clones are dying a bit harder. It establishes more of a connection you feel toward them. Clone wars is definitly a show you should watch with your kids. but i think the violence is neccesary and is done well enough where its okay.

As for the episode loved it. I didn't like dogma almost the whole arc but i loved him at the end i hated krell and i was screaming "Kill him" at the screen usually i'm not like that but after the "friendly fire" scene which had to be one of the most hardest scenes to watch. i was like he deserves it no way can they have clones killing one another and then waxer dying by another clones gun and not kill the monster resposible. I loved that it was dogma kinda his way of repaying his brothers.

loved the episode. Dee Bradly Baker really outdid him self it was incredbile how individual the clones were. loved the arc
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:50 pm

SnipsSkywalker wrote:
allishmalli wrote:
I am glad that Dogma killed him instead of Rex. This, in my mind, possibly foreshadows that Rex probably won't kill the Jedi in Order 66. He doesn't even have the guts to kill a Jedi that ACTUALLY WAS a traitor, let alone kill several Jedi because someone TOLD him that they were traitors.
I think he should have killed Krell... and what I'd like to know is why didn't he? I never thought of Rex as the type who would hesitate before killing an enemy, ESPECIALLY an enemy like Krell, who had killed so many of his brothers. I'm actually rather disappointed that he didn't have the guts to kill him...

sorry for the double post

I don't think it had as much to do with Guts as it did loyalty. yes krell was an enemy and a traitor and was better dead (in my opionon ) but there was still that sense of loyalty towards him in a way since he was what they thought a jedi and they served under him.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:19 pm

jedigirl1990 wrote:
SnipsSkywalker wrote:
allishmalli wrote:
I am glad that Dogma killed him instead of Rex. This, in my mind, possibly foreshadows that Rex probably won't kill the Jedi in Order 66. He doesn't even have the guts to kill a Jedi that ACTUALLY WAS a traitor, let alone kill several Jedi because someone TOLD him that they were traitors.
I think he should have killed Krell... and what I'd like to know is why didn't he? I never thought of Rex as the type who would hesitate before killing an enemy, ESPECIALLY an enemy like Krell, who had killed so many of his brothers. I'm actually rather disappointed that he didn't have the guts to kill him...

sorry for the double post

I don't think it had as much to do with Guts as it did loyalty. yes krell was an enemy and a traitor and was better dead (in my opionon ) but there was still that sense of loyalty towards him in a way since he was what they thought a jedi and they served under him.
Well, when I said guts, I meant loyalty. I just had forgotten the word.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
JediKnightGirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
JediKnightGirl

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh my force! I just finished watching this episode! I feel so overwhelmed! How do they manage to fit so much action in 22 minutes?! Although I agree with some of you about the darkness for a kids show, I personally love it, speaking from my age of course. Very Happy

I LOVE THIS EPISODE! My heart stopped when Fives and Jesse were going to be executed! Jesse is one of my favorite clones! I was sooo proud of the men when they held fire, and I was almost in tears. And I was screaming my head off when Rex discovered they were firing at their own brothers! I was heartbroken. I cried when Waxer died. Did you see Numa on his helmet?! Crying or Very sad Krell got what he deserved. I've suspected from the beginning he was evil, more than the obvious. Mad

I disagree about wanting to have had Rex shoot Krell. Although I love how they laid down so much for future episodes, this is the most poignant. Imagine Ahsoka at the other end of his blaster, and you'll be glad he doesn't have the heart to fire. Wink The Umbara ARC has officially made clear that Rex, and Fives, (and the other men) will do the right thing because they are good men, not soldiers.
Back to top Go down
http://adreamersgalaxy.blogspot.com/
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:44 pm

I didn't really like clones before this arc, but I've certainly changed my opinion on them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:33 pm

I actually like how it's gotten more violent. It feels more serious now, and that's great, because that shows the series's progression toward ROTS. And it would be very boring and a little pointless if it was all happy and fun all the time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy humor and fun stuff, but I think it's better that they balance it out with violence and seriousness.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Rachel-is-a-Jedi wrote:
The only problem I had with it was the violence. It's getting a lot darker, and I know it's about a war, but it's still supposed to be kid's show, right? I mean, it comes on Cartoon Network. I don't like how it's getting increasingly darker and more violent. It's showing closer shots of clones getting killed, I was bothered when you could see the hot lightsaber cuts across the clones middles and such. I prefer when the violence is more implied than shown, if you know what I mean. I think it's desensitizing kids to violence, little by little. Does anyone agree with me?

Actually, it's not strictly a kids' show. Smile It's just animated. And cartoon network actually has the most non-kid's shows of most of the "childrens" networks. I'm actually glad they didn't dilute the war aspect of the show, because war is a very real thing, and in my opinion you don't want kids to take it lightly. But that's just my opinion, of course. Smile

Last edited by Tahiri Veila on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
I didn't really like clones before this arc, but I've certainly changed my opinion on them. Very Happy
I loved them before, and I love them even more now! :DD Whoever hasn't read Karen Traviss' Republic Commando books, THEY ARE SO GOOD!!! I wasn't crazy about clones before I read those... and now I'm totally INSANE about them! XD
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:56 pm

I liked clones before... they weren't very much of my favorites though. I do have to say I care a lot more about them now though Smile
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
I know right?!?!? I fell in love with Fives in this arc. loveyoda loveyoda loveyoda loveyoda loveyoda
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Aay'liah wrote:
Starwarsartist wrote:
I know right?!?!? I fell in love with Fives in this arc. loveyoda loveyoda loveyoda loveyoda loveyoda
You know, I'm in love with half of the clones I know... XD I LOVE CLONES!! EEEEEP!! loveyoda
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:19 pm

SnipsSkywalker wrote:
Aay'liah wrote:
Starwarsartist wrote:
You know, I'm in love with half of the clones I know... XD I LOVE CLONES!! EEEEEP!! loveyoda
Haha, Fives is the only one for me. loveyoda
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:37 am

I loved this episode!!! Very Happy BEST ONE YET! Very Happy I screamed, I cried, I screamed some more, I freaked out, and over all I enjoyed it.

I LUBVS DA CLONES ZEY ARE MEH BAHBEHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 (sound it out girls, I'm being spazzy). XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 pm

XD
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Jedi~Chick wrote:
I loved this episode!!! Very Happy BEST ONE YET! Very Happy I screamed, I cried, I screamed some more, I freaked out, and over all I enjoyed it.

I LUBVS DA CLONES ZEY ARE MEH BAHBEHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 (sound it out girls, I'm being spazzy). XD

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Haha, Love it Fallon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:35 pm

YES YES YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!! KRELL IS DEAD! *doing major happy happy dance* Uh uh Krell is dead uh uh! Lol! Razz.
WHY WAXER?!!!!!!!!! WHY?!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! When Waxer had a tear stream down his face I broke. I'm fixing to start crying again.
I was so proud of Rex! I love my Rex even more now! *squeezes Rex*
Wow Im bipolar! Razz
I'm glad Dogma redeemed himself but I really wanted Rex to kill him! I kept whispering kill him kill him I was fixing to scream kill him if they waited any longer.
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:57 pm

I know, Waxer was Numa's clone!!! :(
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:08 pm

I know! I'm never forgiving Filoni for Waxer's death!
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:39 pm

:'(
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:44 pm

Neither will I, Laureen! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:50 pm

I JUST finished these episodes.

]These episodes are getting way too dark for the targeted age range, in my opinion. Contrast the opening episodes to these.

I hate Krell! I never hate anybody, not even fictional characters but I hate him! He's a stupid butt-trumpet! Forgive me for sounding like a ten year old boy, but seriously! Violence makes me sick, all the violence in these episodes made my stomach turn, but I was applauding when Dogma killed him.

And he wasn't very original, either. He had a stupid reason for killing those clones. I don't think he had a very good back story or was well developed as a character. He was also extremely cliched. He must be mental or something. ARGH!

And yes, wayyyy too intense for the age range. I know six year olds who watch this show.

Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:52 pm

My seven year old sister watches this show!!! And if you think THESE weren't appropriate for the age range they're supposedly targeting, wait until you watch Slaves of the Republix o.O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carnage of Krell   Carnage of Krell - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carnage of Krell
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: