Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanksgiving

Go down 
+18
Ahsoka Tano
Amaranthine
Winter Celchu27
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
JediKnightGirl
Leia Organa
Aay'liah
Duchess Satine Kenobi
sokafan4ever
Rex'sgirl
Bluesaber3
AlynaJoe13
allishmalli
Pinksaber13
Starwarsartist
jedigirl1990
Jedi~Chick
Padme's Japor Snippet
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 pm

So everyone skipped from fall and headed traight for Christmas. What about Thanksgiving? Canada has already has theres, but what about Americans? Does no one want to cook turkey this year?? Razz

So, what do you normally do for Thanksgiving? Do you follow the usual tradtions, or do something different? We like this really yummy chicken dish instead of turkey, but I know at least my mom and I are looking forward to pumpkin pie. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pjswritingobsessed.blogspot.com/
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:48 am

OOHHH I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!! Very Happy we did our shopping last night. Wink

Well, our tradition consists of:
My Family Cooking
My Family Cleaning
My Family Hosting
Around 9 people over for dinner
and
my dad takes off the day before Thanksgiving so we can all prepare. We watch Christmas movies/shows and eat samples of the food. Wink

I help cook. My favorite thing to make is cranberry sauce. Smile I LOVE the little popping sound the berries make when they go in the sugar-water-sauce. Wink
We make pies, cookies, a HUGE turkey, veggies, sweet potatoes (with walnuts and marshmellows!!) and lots of stuffing. Wink

on the day of, my sister and I help some more, while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and after that we watch the Dog Show. Wink All while we clean, cook, clean, set the table, get ready for our guests, get dressed, clean and cook some more. Wink

I love Thanksgiving though, next to Christmas, it's my favorite time of year. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:10 am

I love thanksgiving its my moms favorite holiday she gets so mad when everyone skips it and goes towards christmas. usually i we hang around and watch the thanksgiving day parade. Usually my aunt comes down (shes not this year though) so they are in the kitchen and we snack on appitizers until dinner and we have turkey, corn casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, mash potatoes, and pie yummy i can't wait
Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:04 am

Yay, glad I'm not the only one. I thought no one else here cared about Thanksgiving and wre ready for Christmas. Razz
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:34 pm

We didn't do much for Thanksgiving. We invited my aunt and some kids she looks after over and had meatloaf, ham and pie. We don't really have any traditions for Thanksgiving, we save those for Christmas. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Two words: Blackberry Pie cat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm going to Arkansas this year and I'll see ALL of my dad's side of the family! I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:07 pm

It really annoys me when people skip Thanksgiving too! You're definately not alone PJS. I went to the Grocery store in the beginning of November and I saw Christmas stuff up on the light posts and everything and I was like, "Really? It's not even December yet." They seriously have count downs to a 25 days til Christmas thing on the Tv. So a countdown to the countdown to Christmas. Rolling Eyes

All of my aunts and uncles and cousins on my mom's side of the family comes over, along with my grandparents. My entire family are AMAZING cooks and we have so much food. (I think the gene skipped me though. lol) I can bake though, and I always make a cheesecake. We don't really follow tradition though, cause we don't just have turkey. We have ribs and ham and chicken and all sorts of sides. There are about 30 of us in total, but we still have TONS of leftovers; there's so much food. lol Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:51 pm

I love cooking all the food for Thanksgiving dinner!! Usually we invite friends because barely any of my extended family lives even remotely NEAR my house xD

Last year I cooked everything and plan to do it this year too =D
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:33 pm

I love Thanksgiving!!
My family tradition is:
Watching Thanksgiving football(of course it ain't Thanksgiving without it!)
Having a huge meal!
And my famous pumpkin pie! Ok its not famous but mark my words it will be!!
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Kudos Blue for cooking by yourself! Very Happy Come to my house, let's cook together! That'd be fun!

Ah, football. We don't have cable. Maybe online?
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:11 pm

I don't know. Check ESPN hey might show it live! Speaking of football I better go check the Jets and Patriots score! GO JETS!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Haha I could care less about football but yes I love cooking!!!! :DDDD The only thing my mom won't let me cook is the sweet potatoes because she doesn't want me to "change them" XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:03 pm

*faints* Care less about football?! Watch your tounge! XD Lol! Just kidding I use to hate football but now I love it!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:04 pm

LOL I'm not a sport fan XDDD
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I like football, but I don't follow a whole lot of teams. I like the Colts cause I like Payton Manning. I hope he comes back next season... I mostly watch it cause of my dad, though.

Haha, I'm a faiilure at cooking. I burn, overcook, or otherwise massacre just about everything I touch. Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:18 pm

LOL!! Anyone can learn Wink
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Heh, well I haven't learned yet. lol I'm not actually a horrible cook. I am just very very forgetful and often forget important things that I should remember. Like to add water to the potatos on the stove so they don't scald to the bottom. Or the tablespoon is bigger than a teaspoon and I shouldn't add a 1/2 a tablespoon of salt; add a 1/2 teaspoon.

Haha, see my problem? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:56 pm

LOL!! Well that can be easily corrected Wink
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 pm

confused how so?
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:02 pm

By teaching yourself to remember xD
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Thankisgiving is a really special time for me! It has always been kinda my Friends holiday! We have this tradition thy my BFF and there family would come ofer at 9 o-clock T morning and her and I would watch the Macy's parade our moms would cook dads would talk and brothers would play! Then we would eat kinda like a 3 coure meal! Mere and I would then re-inact the parade for our parents. She would sleep over that night and we would watch the Incredables and eat popcorn and such on the pull out couch! This is one o the first thanks givings that we won't be doing that because she is in Japan and I am here so it will be a really hard day for both of us because that was our favorite holiday! :/ so yeah but oh the memories that last FOREVER!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:13 pm

That sounds like a lot of fun Soka!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 am

AlynaJoe13 wrote:
I like football, but I don't follow a whole lot of teams. I like the Colts cause I like Payton Manning. I hope he comes back next season... I mostly watch it cause of my dad, though.

Haha, I'm a faiilure at cooking. I burn, overcook, or otherwise massacre just about everything I touch. Embarassed Smile
WOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER PEYTON MANNING FAN!!!! *runs around and screams like crazy* I love Peyton I have a huge cardboard cutout and huge banner of him in my room! XD Me to sister! I miss Peyton!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving   Thanksgiving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next