Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hunger Games

Go down 
+24
SolaceUtara
Bluesaber3
jedigirl1990
Asala Teron
sokafan4ever
Obi-Wan's Padawan
Pinksaber13
Starwarsartist
sarahthegeek
Kayla
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
ahsokaandtabby
Ahsoka Tano
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Voronda Elda-Aranel
JediKnightGirl
Mirax
Leia Organa
SnipsSkywalker
Jedi~Chick
Amaranthine
shaak ti
itsAJedithing
Duchess Satine Kenobi
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

The Hunger Games - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:27 am

Yes, I've seen the music vid! Its kinda weird, but I can't put a finger on how. Catching fire is my fav book!!! It's sooo epic!
Alright peoples, what female character do you most remind yourself of?
1. Katniss E.
2. Prim E.
3. Mrs. E.
4. Effie Smile
5. Joanna M.
6. Annie C.
7. Glimmer
8. Clove
9. Foxface
10. Rue
11. Enobaria
12. Cashmere
13. Wiress
14. Mags
15. Delly C.
So, which person are you most like? In terms of looks, build, personality, and arena plan. Obviously Effie doesn't have a arena plan, but if she were in the area, she'd just run and hide and scream. Smile Yes, for those people who weren't in the arena, you'll have to make up their plans. lol. Alright, for me;
Looks: Katniss (go figure. Hey, I even live in D12!)
Build: Glimmer
Personality: Katniss E.
Arena plan: Johanna M. (I hate to say it, but I could run around and kill other tributes if it meant going home. My friends and brother even told me that I could totally win the games. Is that a complement? Neutral Neutral )
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:43 am

Yes Tabbs, that is a TOTAL complement!!!!
I took a test to see who I was and I was Katniss E. too. If you had to survive the games I'd go with you. Wink
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 am

Looks: No one, actually. I've never seen a character in fiction that I resemble look-wise
Build: Foxface, Katniss, and Clove
Personality- Katniss
Arena plan - Katniss and Foxface's
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:19 am

Haha, siri! I'm sure you look like someone! Smile and thanks, Kayla? Ooh! And I bought hunger games nail polish!!! It's real cool! A red-gold color!! It makes real good fire!
Back to top Go down
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

I just found this one-shot fanfic of Coral, A D4 tribute and victor of the 66th Hunger Games. She has a dream/vision and wonders what's up.

I know no one can hurt me now, now that I've won the games. But my sleep is still fitful and haunted.
“Oh miss Coral, I know your games. I know your hate for me. And this will not go unpunished.” Snow cackles. He waves his hand towards the TV, where I watch Ania reach into the glass bowl. She fingers around and accidentally tips over the bowl. Thousands of slips of paper spill onto the stage and I watch in horror; the only name on them is Marina Ricketts. My twin, he can't reap her! Ania smiles evilly, then turns into Snow. He picks up a slip of paper and reads “Marina Ricketts”. I scream and throw myself at him, but as I do, Peacekeepers shoot Marina, Finnick and my friend Annie Cresta. I’m left sitting in the stage, sobbing wildly. Snow tilts my chin up and looks me in the eyes. I tell him to kill me, but he responds “Oh no Coral, you can live with the knowledge that it’s your fault that your twin and friends died.” I scream and lunge at him. But someone holds me back. I turn around and stare at a dark-haired girl with stormy gray eyes. She holds a bow and arrow.
“Let me do this Coral. I have many things to settle with him.”
“Who are you?”
“I am the Mockingjay. I caused a rebellion and he threatened all close to me.”
“But I’ve never heard of you!”
“And you won’t, not for many years.”
She turns and shoot towards the sky. All of a sudden, Snow falls to the ground and begins to die. A wind blows and she disappears. I’m left all alone on the stage again, and Finnick, Annie, and Marina are all there, safe and sound. They smile at me and we all walk off stage. I turn around to look back and I see her, standing there, with a blonde man. But she’s older, at least 10 years older. Maybe she’s about 30 years old now. His hand is on her stomach and he is smiling like crazy. They look so happy together. Then she notices me, presses the middle three fingers of her left hand to her lip and extends them to me. “And may the odds be ever in your favor.”

I wake up, sweating and panting like crazy. Who is this Mockingjay? Will she lead a rebellion against Snow and the Capitol? And who is the blonde boy next to her?

I think it's pretty darn cool!!! Not my writing....well.
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm excited because tickets for the midnight premiere went on sale today! My friends and I are all going and we're going to dress up as Capitol citizens.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Woah! We've got to buy the tickets to the IMAX premire! And Capitol citizens?! Cool! Whatcha gonna wear?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Awesome!!!

I guess I remind myself of Rue, and a little bit of Foxface. I don't really look like any of the characters, though Razz
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm going to start reading the series today, but I've read way too many spoilers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:47 pm

LOL SWA!

Wow, there is a premiere? That's neat!
Back to top Go down
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Yep. It's huge!! I think we're going to have to order tickets early to get to opening night. The premiere is in Hollywood.... go figure.
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Yeah, there's a premiere in Hollywood several days before the movie. I'm going to the midnight showing of it, not the actual big flashy premiere.

And I haven't finalized my outfit yet, although I have some ideas. I'm waiting until this weekend when I go back home and can look through all the clothes I didn't bring with me to college.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Cool! Click on the link below to have a chance to win a $50 gift card to Hot Topic for HG products.
http://mockingjay.net/2012/02/21/giveaway-50-hot-topic-gift-card-coupon-code/comment-page-6/#comment-110587
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks for that, Ahsoka!

Yall should enter the Hunger Games premier sweepstakes too Wink Tis in LA, so you can stop and see me on the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:27 pm

LOL! Wow, Tabby, that sig is epic! I will read this at some point... I just haven't caught on Razz
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:30 pm

(looks at all the hot topic THG items) (whistles) Wow...they don't hang around, do they? Let the shameless merchandise plugging begin XD
Back to top Go down
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:54 pm

lol Amarathine!!! Pinksaber, you really should read them!! I didn't want to at first, being my stubborn self, but when I read them.... well. TOTAL FANGIRL!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 am

I've moved all discussion on the RP/game to the Forum Games topic Wink
Back to top Go down
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Smile So there is another dude at church who loves the Hunger Games also, and over lunch with my brother and another friend, we talk about the books alot. Well, to get to the point, we might hold a Hunger Games after church. The church is house church and the family lives on a farm. But yea, real HG, just no killing. Smile We're gonna use long sticks as spears and stuff like that. But the only food is at the Cornucopia, and blah, blah, blah! Hopefully we can do it. Looks like I'll be killin' a few more tributes. Gonna start training this week. Twisted Evil Moooooohahahahahaha! Oh, and I wore my HG shirt after church and boo-yah! Everyone commented on it!!
Back to top Go down
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:56 am

Suzanne Colins saw the movie and here is what she says.

Dear Readers,

I’ve just had the opportunity to see the finished film of The Hunger Games. I’m really happy with how it turned out. I feel like the book and the film are individual yet complementary pieces that enhance one another. The film opens up the world beyond Katniss’ point of view, allowing the audience access to the happenings of places like the Hunger Games control room and President Snow’s rose garden, thereby adding a new dimension to the story.

Director Gary Ross has created an adaptation that is faithful in both narrative and theme, but he’s also brought a rich and powerful vision of Panem, its brutality and excesses, to the film as well. His world building’s fantastic, whether it be the Seam or the Capitol. It’s amazing to see things that are suggested in the book fully developed and so brilliantly realized through the artistry of the designers.

And, my God, the actors. The cast, led by the extraordinary Jennifer Lawrence, is absolutely wonderful across the board. It’s such a pleasure to see how they’ve embodied the characters and brought them to life.

So I’d like to sincerely thank all the many people who devoted their time and talents to the film, especially producers Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik, and the excellent teams at Color Force, Larger Than Life, and Lionsgate.

I hope you enjoy the film!

Suzanne Collins
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Location : Beyblading with Gingka Hagane on Coruscant for the Galactic Beyblading Tournament.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm

What do y'all think of my new banner? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://apadawansview.blogspot.com/
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Totally awesome!! I love it!
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Location : Beyblading with Gingka Hagane on Coruscant for the Galactic Beyblading Tournament.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks! Very Happy I'm very happy with how it turned out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://apadawansview.blogspot.com/
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Did you make it? Oooh, and have you seen the training center/apple in the pigs mouth scene? It looks pure awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:15 pm

ahsokaandtabby wrote:
Suzanne Colins saw the movie and here is what she says.

Dear Readers,

I’ve just had the opportunity to see the finished film of The Hunger Games. I’m really happy with how it turned out. I feel like the book and the film are individual yet complementary pieces that enhance one another. The film opens up the world beyond Katniss’ point of view, allowing the audience access to the happenings of places like the Hunger Games control room and President Snow’s rose garden, thereby adding a new dimension to the story.

Director Gary Ross has created an adaptation that is faithful in both narrative and theme, but he’s also brought a rich and powerful vision of Panem, its brutality and excesses, to the film as well. His world building’s fantastic, whether it be the Seam or the Capitol. It’s amazing to see things that are suggested in the book fully developed and so brilliantly realized through the artistry of the designers.

And, my God, the actors. The cast, led by the extraordinary Jennifer Lawrence, is absolutely wonderful across the board. It’s such a pleasure to see how they’ve embodied the characters and brought them to life.

So I’d like to sincerely thank all the many people who devoted their time and talents to the film, especially producers Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik, and the excellent teams at Color Force, Larger Than Life, and Lionsgate.

I hope you enjoy the film!

Suzanne Collins

Woah that rocks! I hope it's as good as she says! I can't believe it finished already!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next