Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Main Chat Thread

Go down 
+26
Starwarsartist
Wolffe's Chick
Padme's Japor Snippet
Darth Jayne
sarahthegeek
Kat Kiele
AndrieeJainaSolo
<3Gabby<3
futurejedigirl0202
Obi-Wan's Padawan
allishmalli
Winter Celchu27
Duchess Satine Kenobi
JediKnightGirl
i heart chewie
maryanna
Rex'sgirl
Arda_Ancalima
QueenKarina
Dancing with Anakin
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Admin
Anakin'sSweetheart
Amaranthine
Jedi~Chick
Leia Organa
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:46 pm

/obligatory 'oh god I feel so old'

Yeah, I was in fourth grade and I remember my teacher telling us what had happened (like, I remember exactly where I was sitting in the class). And I remember my mom picking me up from school to take my sister and I to gymnastics, and then pulling over at the gas station to tell us and I was like "Oh my teacher already told me lol can I go get a snack now?"

Obviously I didn't quite grasp how serious the situation was. Wink Reflecting back on it now, I can see how it was especially scary for people in my family, because my aunt had just moved to NYC and was working in the Empire State Building. And my dad's office was evacuated because our city was noted as being especially at risk for an attack (I live in Atlanta, which is where the CDC is) and his building is pretty prominent.

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I got the banner sent.

I remember my mom watching TV and crying. :( I was too young to understand though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Banner has been set. Wink I'll switch it back tomorrow.

I was old enough to remember 9-11, but strangly enough I don't remember a thing. I believe it was because at the time it happened, we didn't have a tv.

-Ley <3

Last edited by Admin on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thelakehouse.forumotion.com
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:07 pm

The banner is gorgeous. Perfect. Smile

Like I said, I was too oblivious to everything. I had NO CLUE what was going on up until I was probably seven. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:16 pm

I was older than that. I didn't know terrorists existed until I was eleven, and I found out about 9/11 soon after that. Call me naive, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Do any of y'all know about the 9/11 cross? If you don't, they found a metal cross made out of broken cross beams standing up in the rubble of the site. They have it standing outside one of the buildings near the site now, with a plaque talking about how it brought, and still does bring, hope to our nation in one of it's darkest time. I was in New York about a month ago on a mission trip and we saw it there. It gave me goose bumps! It's so cool.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:30 pm

AlynaJoe13 wrote:
Do any of y'all know about the 9/11 cross? If you don't, they found a metal cross made out of broken cross beams standing up in the rubble of the site. They have it standing outside one of the buildings near the site now, with a plaque talking about how it brought, and still does bring, hope to our nation in one of it's darkest time. I was in New York about a month ago on a mission trip and we saw it there. It gave me goose bumps! It's so cool.

That is so amazing.
Back to top Go down
JediKnightGirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
JediKnightGirl

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:37 pm

I was 4 when it happened. I just remember mom and dad screaming and crying infront of the TV...still gives me chills. I still remember giving my mom my sippy cup of strawberry milk to make her feel better...but I remember her horror stricken face all the same.

The banner is beautiful, that was a very honorable thing to do.
Back to top Go down
http://adreamersgalaxy.blogspot.com/
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:41 pm

I can't believe it's been ten years. It seems like it just happen....

....I feel old.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:43 pm

And I feel stupid, because I can't remember anything that happened on that day!

Well, I guess a three-year-old wouldn't remember, but still...
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:01 pm

The banner is magnificent.

I feel bad that I don't remember much of it. My sister said that when it happened, our whole elementary school was piled into the gym. She also said that after a while, kids started asking questions and then the principal told us that the country was under attack. No one really understood what was going on but the teachers were crying and everyone was really depressed.

It also feels wierd because it doesn't seem like it's been ten years. I guess it's because I'm just now fully understanding what happened that day.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:12 pm

The banner is beautiful!!
Wow I feel.soooooo old! I can't remember what I was doing on that day but now I know and I feel nothing but anger and sadness when this time comes!!
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 7:11 pm

We had a prayer service in my church tonight for the nation. It was so amazing. One of the people from our church is actually a 9/11 survivor and he spoke. I really almost cried. And I don't cry very easily!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Goodness our church service made me sob like a baby.

Our church is over the top. In honor of 9-11, they have been honoring Military families who are members of the church all weekend. Tonight, this one family was highlighted and the pastor talked to them in front of the whole church, showed them a video of their daughter who is a Navy officer, and then BROUGHT HER HOME TO THEM DURING THE SERVICE. *Dies*

The look on the mother, father and sister's faces were so priceless. I burst into tears. Crying or Very sad It was SO incredible to see how God worked through our church to make these people so happy. Our Church payed for the girl to come home, and then to take the whole family out to dinner. It was seriously so amazing. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 7:56 pm

JC oh my goodness, that's so sweet :'( my church had a memorial for all those who died in 9-11 too, and it was so touching.
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Chat Thread
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40