Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Phantom Menace 3D!

Go down 
+7
shaak ti
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Jedi~Chick
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Kayla
Endor the Hopeful
sarahthegeek
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

The Phantom Menace 3D! Empty
PostSubject: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:22 am

So I got back about half an hour ago from the midnight showing!

For the most part I enjoyed it and it was awesome to see it on the big screen again. When Darth Maul appeared for the duel at the end I almost peed my pants I was so excited.

As you guys probably expect, it's the blu-ray version that plays, so Yoda is CGI and there are a couple of scenes that were added in for the DVD release several years ago (including extended footage of the podrace which...is just not necessary because it was long enough to begin with).

The 3D wasn't that bad; I didn't get a headache from it and for the most part it's pretty subtle and easy to forget about. And it's definitely not gimmicky feeling at all, at least for me. I was expecting it to look awesome for the podrace but there I was a bit underwhelmed. There were a couple awesome moments where the 3D enhanced the race, but it mainly didn't have that much of an effect.

However, the 3D looked really awesome for all of the scenes in space, especially the space battles, so A+ there.

Overall, if you don't mind paying 10+ dollars to go see it on the big screen, then it's definitely worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
Endor the Hopeful

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 am

I can now say I have seen a SW film on the big screen. Wow. Just sitting there and watching the logo appear on the screen.......I almost died.

I loved it. I could go on and on, but it's almost 3 and I have a bunch of school tomorrow.

I will say this:
Padme. It was so cool to see her on the big screen!!!
I almost died watching Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon for the first time.
Lightsaber duel rocked.
I cannot wait to see Hayden Christiansen in 3D (Razz)
I was the youngest person there, which was weird. A bunch of 20-somethings and a few people of my parents' generation (including my mom)
My collectible 3D glasses. <3

So go see it!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:06 am

Oh gosh I know, when the 20th Century Fox fanfare started and then the Lucasfilm logo appeared and then just....omg I felt seven years old again, it was great.

Also i'm jealous because my theatre didn't have the collectible 3D glasses. CLEARLY I NEED TO GO SEE IT AGAIN SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 am

*gasps* I would go just to see Padme and Qui Gon on the big screen! Sounds like you girls had a nice time! XD
Back to top Go down
Endor the Hopeful

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 am

Right now I am slightly upset with my mom because she won't let me go see it again tonight with some friends. Oh well, I should save my money for the new stuff HU released today! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:23 am

Awww. I'm sorry. Hopefully things will work out. Wink I hope you have better luck earning money than I do! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:54 am

I saw it at midnight last night and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!

When we were getting popcorn, the guy commented on my rebel alliance earrings Very Happy

And then when the logo came up at the beginning I was genuinely concerned for my health Very Happy I had to calm myself down so I wouldn't get a heart attack and miss the movie Razz

The 3D was cool! Not brilliant, but enjoyable. I mostly just enjoyed seeing it on the big screen. There were all sorts of little details I'd never noticed on the TV at home.

And I accidentally spilled the popcorn when "Duel of the Fates" started playing. XD

I'd say it's worth seeing, especially if you've never seen it on the big screen.

I'm going again tomorrow with my friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Aw Endor, well maybe you'll get to see it later! It'll be in theatres for several weeks I would think.

Before the movie I was chatting with two girls who were sitting in the row in front of us. One of them was wearing the HU shirt with Luke's face on it and I was wearing my purple outline burnout shirt, so we talked about HU for a bit, and other stuff like conventions and SWW and such (one of the girls got to meet Mark Hamill and shake his hand at the last Celebration and I almost died of fangirl envy).

And yeah, it was definitely awesome just to be able to see it on the big screen again!
Back to top Go down
Endor the Hopeful

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm

I think the best part about the whole experience is allowing fans to see it in theaters again and to allow those who have only seen them at home to experience the thrill of seeing them.

And then there was the guy who was walking by me who was like, "Hey. I'm Kyle."
At that moment I was very happy my mom had given me our umbrella (she was getting popcorn). "Um, hi." And then I hurried off to find seats.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 pm

I want to see it so bad!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going tomorrow to see it, because I need to watch TCW tonight and then depending on how well I do in my viola lesson, tomorrow's showing will be a treat. Very Happy I highly doubt our theater will have the cool glasses though. :(

Sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah, our theater doesn't have the collectible glasses either.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Just got back from seeing "The Phantom Menace" at the theaters!!!!!!!!!!!
I dressed up in my Jedi cloak and tunic(I was Obi-Wan) and went with my family to see it.
It was so cool to see it on the big screen!
Though I was sadly the only person dressed up :( But some of the people thought I was cool(especially the little kids). I saw a little girl and boy waving at me so I bowed to them and said "Hello". And then some other kids thought my lightsaber was cool.
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Haha Siri that sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
Haha Siri that sounds fun!
Thanks Kayla Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:14 am

I cant wait! My mom is thinking about us going to see it today! I will probably be the only person who totally freaks out, but who cares!!!!!

Last night we were watching an epsode of iCarly, and Spencer had gotten a life sized model of a speeder, and nobody was around, so he sits in it and totally geeks out. my mom, dad, and brother all sortof looked at me, and I said "thats just like me..."
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 pm

The Phantom Menace is soo cool in 3D! I was mostly just happy that I got to see a Star Wars movie in theaters, but still. Wink

The glasses were so epic! They were the ones that come in the Darth Maul package and they're red and black. Naturally, we took them home. Wink

I loved how every explosion popped out at you and Darth Maul's probe droids seemed to come right out of the screen.

At the end, everyone started clapping. I was surprised, because I had originally thought that TPM was the least liked SW movie, but oh well.

It was an overall enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to seeing AotC in theaters!
Back to top Go down
Endor the Hopeful

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
The Phantom Menace is soo cool in 3D! I was mostly just happy that I got to see a Star Wars movie in theaters, but still. Wink

The glasses were so epic! They were the ones that come in the Darth Maul package and they're red and black. Naturally, we took them home. Wink

Ooooh, different glasses!!! My glasses came in a black drawstring bag that said "Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D". They're Anakin's pod-racing goggles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:57 pm

*envies the cool glasses* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Lucky girls!
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 am

man i wish our theatre had cool glasses :( everyone who went opening weekend was suppose to get a sw toy but since we went in the morning it seems they only gave it to the kids grr Evil or Very Mad but seeing it in 3D was AWSOME loved it especially the pod race (which is usually not a favorite scene of mine) and the battle between obiwan/quigon and Darth maul was EPIC thinking about seeing it again lol
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Yes Yes Yes see it as many times as possible while it's in the theater!!!!!! When A New Hope comes to theaters, I plan to see that at least twice! heehee!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I saw it today!!!!!!!!!!!! FABULOUS. TOTALLY EPIC.

I got no toy or glasses, but I'm not complaining, it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy My daddy took my sister and I....it was great!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Awesome everyone! Very Happy

I went again yesterday with my little brother and some of our friends Smile One of them had never seen Star Wars, so she had a blast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:30 pm

EEEE! I saw it today, and it was great! But I fell asleep about halfway through the podracing and didn't even miss any of the plot, so that scene really was too long. But I saw tons of details, characters and outfits I've never bothered to notice before! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 pm

I finally, finally got to see it this evening! Very Happy And just barely! It was so cool! The stars at the beginning were really pretty, a couple moments in space were amazing, and I agree with you all that you notice a bunch of things you never saw before! So glad I got to see it before it left the theaters. My mom took me and she seemed to really enjoy it as well!
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Menace 3D!   The Phantom Menace 3D! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Phantom Menace 3D!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next