Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Culture and Heritage

Go down 
+25
Kayla
ahsokaandtabby
AlynaJoe13
Cia Klivian
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Ashley Amidala
Padme's Japor Snippet
shaak ti
<3Gabby<3
Pinksaber13
Obi-Wan's Padawan
Leia Organa
Ahsoka Tano
JediKnightGirl
allishmalli
Wolffe's Chick
sarahthegeek
Starwarsartist
Aay'liah
Amaranthine
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Jedi~Chick
SnipsSkywalker
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Voronda Elda-Aranel
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 am

LOL!!!!! REALLY? Very Happy That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 am

Me? Well, I'm about as American as you can get. My family's history and roots run DEEP in the mountains and foothills of Alabama. A lot of them were farmers and grew up as God-fearing, Christian, country folks who worked hard through life trying to make sure their family had it better then they did.

I'm not even sure where they lived before Alabama..... Several generations have lived there, so we aren't sure! XD I should ask my grandmother.

On the other side of the family, it's pretty much the same thing. My great-great-grandfather lived to be over 100 years old and always told stories about growing up in a fort and seeing Indians. Pretty cool!

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Location : Beyblading with Gingka Hagane on Coruscant for the Galactic Beyblading Tournament.

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 am

AWESOME!!!!! I have an odd family history. I'm a direct descendant John Adams on my dad's side, and my mom's side has a lot of Native American blood in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://apadawansview.blogspot.com/
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:06 pm

JC: OH MY GOSH!!! THAT IS SO COOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Obi-Wan's Padawan

Obi-Wan's Padawan

Location : In The Room of a Thousand Fountains....writing to my heart's content. :)

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Leia Organa wrote:
Me? Well, I'm about as American as you can get. My family's history and roots run DEEP in the mountains and foothills of Alabama. A lot of them were farmers and grew up as God-fearing, Christian, country folks who worked hard through life trying to make sure their family had it better then they did.

I'm not even sure where they lived before Alabama..... Several generations have lived there, so we aren't sure! XD I should ask my grandmother.

On the other side of the family, it's pretty much the same thing. My great-great-grandfather lived to be over 100 years old and always told stories about growing up in a fort and seeing Indians. Pretty cool!

-Leia <3

*Gasp* Alabama?! That's unspeakably awesome!! celebrate I have some incredibly good friends who live in Alabama...I'd love to go see them there someday. Wink

My roots are a lot of Dutch, a lot of Italian, a little Irish, Polish, and a tiny smidge of Cherokee...for which I am extremely proud. Smile But mostly, I'm Dutch. And as I'm not related to anyone famous, that I know of, I'll just say that Obi-Wan is my uncle. Very Happy Best darn uncle ever, too. XD
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 pm

LOL XD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Ahsoka_Tano wrote:
Satine, your related to John Adams?!?! Me, too!!! I'm a direct descendant. Very Happy One of my cousins was a movie star, but I don't know who she was.

AND I LOVE AMERICAN DRAGON!!!!! LOL! Very Happy

*high fives* Very Happy We're related!!! Very Happy That's so cool!

Ley, Roll tide! Wink

Last edited by DuchessSatineKenobi on Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:17 pm

lol, I'm related to one of the Beatles... O.o
Back to top Go down
Voronda Elda-Aranel

Voronda Elda-Aranel

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:12 pm

WOAH! I didn't know that quite a few of you are my sisters (In the native way of speaking) Mostly Cherokee though thats a long way from the Plains Cree!! Smile Maybe I should put a picture of my pow-wow outfit up here???
Back to top Go down
http://a-belivers-journey.blogspot.com
<3Gabby<3

<3Gabby<3

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Oooh! I wanna talk about mine!!!!

My ancestors came to this great country from Ireland and Scotland in the early 1800s. There are only 9 brunettes in the family, the rest are blonde, strawberry blonde, dirty blonde, red or auburn. I have 51 cousins and 14 aunts and uncles in all. I love my big family. My great grandparents had 8 kids and yeah.

My moms side is french and indian. My papaw's grandad was a full blooded cheeroke. My moms great-great-great-grandmother came to Louisiana from france. Im the spitting image of my mother in the face, but Im 5'10, long legged, blonde haired and I have greenish blue eyes like the McNairs.

I live in small town Mississippi
GO WHO DAT! and the MSU bulldogs are beast!!
Back to top Go down
<3Gabby<3

<3Gabby<3

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:07 pm

And the lead singer in the rock band Three Doors Down is my cousin(6th or something on my moms side)
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:35 pm

I am:
1/2 Italian

The rest is:
Mostly Russian
Polish
German
Jewish (the nationality, very little)
English

*My dads side is full-blooded Italian, His grandparents (all of them) came to America.

*My mom is all of the other things, her ancestors possibly came over on the Mayflower.

*Every year I participate in an Italian heritage ball. We eat 5 courses (not including desert, and bread). 2 dishes of pasta, Salad, Shrimp, and Chicken.

*I am hoping that I may have some Native American in me. It's possible, because of the whole Mayflower thingy, but a very, very small chance.

I dont remember who I was related two thats famous, but my great grandfather on my dads side was adopted, so I like to pretend that he was someone important. who wouldn't!

Back to top Go down
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member
Padme's Japor Snippet

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm part Austrian, Danish, English, German and Irish, if my memory serves me correctly. No order but alphebetical. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://pjswritingobsessed.blogspot.com/
Ashley Amidala

Ashley Amidala

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:36 pm

My G.G Grandfather's on my Mom's side both came straiht (like walked off the ship) from Ireland, and my G. G. Grandmother's on the same side both walked off the ship from Holland. So, I've got roots in The Netherlands and Ireland. What interests me, is they left family in the 'old country'. I'm going to make it my life mission to find my long lost family in Ireland and Netherland. My Mom's mom's side there is Scottish and some French.

On my Dad side, I'm French and English.

I'm a mix, but of all the nationalities, Irish and Dutch are the most prominent. A good bit of my Mom's side are Light skinned and Red headed.
Back to top Go down
http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:26 pm

My ancestors comes from-
Germany
Norway
England
Ireland
France
Scotland
Sweden
Finland
Denmark
Wales
Spain
Portugal
Holland
and I'm also a little Cherokee Indian.

I'm a direct descendant of Chaucer who wrote the book "The Canterbury Tales". I'm also related to King Charlemagne, Charles Martel, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Queen Elizabeth II(and maybe the first) Queen Victoria, William the Conqueror, two or three Presidents(can't remember who at the moment), some members of royalty, and various actors and writers.
I also know some castles in Europe once belonged to some of my ancestors Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 pm

This summer me and my family are going to visit the church my great great grandfather built himself and preached at! It's also the church my grandmother was saved in. The church and the road leading to it, was named after my family! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:13 pm

That's so cool!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Ashley Amidala

Ashley Amidala

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Thats INCREDIBLE!
Back to top Go down
http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 pm

I found out that there's a whole book on the history of my dad's side of the family! I can't wait to be done with my research paper so I can maybe read it! (Btw, I need to get back to that).
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm Cherokee Native American, Scottish, Irish (where I got my green eyes! Very Happy), and some English. Also, if I'm remembering right, a distant cousin of mine is a movie star (just like you Ahsoka! Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm a mix of everything. I don't know that I'm 'mostly' anything, lol. Probably Irish on my Mom's side, but I've got Cherokee blood on my Dad's. English too. Haha, it's weird, cause I've got the Irish green eyes and reddish hair, but I tan pretty well so I look super weird when I come home from the beach! But anyway, regardless, I'm don't know everything that's in me. Razz

I do know that I'm a direct descendant of the founder of the city I live in. We've got roads and parks and lots of things named after us and I feel like I'm related to everyone who lives here! Thankfully, it's through my mom's side so I personally don't share the same last name that everyone connects to our city. Still, when people realize I'm part of that line, it's funny, hahah!
Back to top Go down
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 pm

British, Canadian, Scottish. Oh, and guess what? I've got a british accent! Not really....
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

*ahem* My great-grandpa on my dads side was Mexican and when he came to America and tried to get a job the American's here told him his last name was too hard to say, so they changed it. XDD So the last name my dad got and that I have now is sorta not real. It's better than the old one but I still don't like it. Razz

I have a lot of German blood. I have Native American blood too, and some Mexican and Dutch and like, a bunch of other things. Whatever, I personally think I'm 100% Arizonian. Cowgirls Ftw!!! Wink

Oh, I almost forgot, I am related to someone who was related to someone who was related to the cousin of someone realated to someone who died on Alderaan when Tarkin blew it up. So I have Alderaan blood too. Wink Okay... maybe not. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 am

This is interesting; it actually turns out that the Irish we thought we had is actually Scottish also. XD And I supposedly had a relative who was a pirate. LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
luxsoka13

luxsoka13

Location : Camping out on Endor with the Jedi, Ninja, and Hogwarts Gang!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:37 pm

I have a little Cherokee, I'm part french (bealive it or not, my great great great great uncle 15 times removed is King Henry the 2nd), I'm part Irish, and a little more (I'm very versitle)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Culture and Heritage   Culture and Heritage - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Culture and Heritage
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: