Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
+20
Kat Kiele
Cia Klivian
jedigirl1990
SnipsSkywalker
Aay'liah
Jedi~Chick
Ahsoka Tano
Kayla
May Kenobi66
allishmalli
Pinksaber13
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Voronda Elda-Aranel
itsAJedithing
Darth Jayne
shaak ti
Amaranthine
sarahthegeek
Rex'sgirl
Duchess Satine Kenobi
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 pm

Oh my...

The first three episodes of Book 3 make up for the misstep of Book 2. Yes, Book 2 did have good elements and episodes, but this makes me feel like I'm watching ATLA. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Without giving too much away, I think that all the characters are progressing, they're more likable, and they all seem to fit. The animation is still gorgeous, especially for TV (even though watching ATLA and LOK almost make me come to expect great animation from TV). The pacing and buildup are so much better than the first two Books (although Book 1 was okay). Overall, I want to keep watching the show to see what happens next and hopefully they don't let us down.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 pm

I finally saw the new episodes today, and I'm very happy with how things are going! Very Happy

Things got a little slow for me in season 2, but I feel like season 3 has really picked up the pace and has gotten off to a nice start! Very Happy

I agree Shaak Ti, I love the Korra/Asami friendship! Very Happy It's awesome, and I'm so glad to be rid of the love triangle stuff!

I also agree with Allishmalli that the show looks absolutely stunning. I was telling my brother that honestly, even when the plot got a little slow back in season 2, it was still entertaining to just watch the animation. The bending is fascinating, and the environments are just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Season 2 was definitely an awkward mess. On one had, a lot happened; but on the other hand, nothing much happened. On one hand, it was really slow in it's pacing; but on the other hand, it was really rushed and cramped. On one hand, it had good elements (no pun intended) and interesting things/concepts/ideas to explore (most of them either never got explored or are being explored now in Season 3); but on the other hand, it had bad elements (again, no pun intended) and was a bit shallow and shoe-horned. I hate the fact that Korra, as a character, regressed back to pre-Amon attitude and the Makorra relationship went on for so long (and then after all Mako put Asami through, she still liked him). And I hate that the Wan episodes were far more interesting and entertaining than most of the entire season.

I can see why Season 2 was a big mess (Nick only gave creators one half-season/really-short-"book" and when the show was popular, Nick told them to make another half-season/really-short-"book" when the creators hadn't really planned to do so), but I wish that it hadn't been such a big mess. If I could go back in time, I would tell Nick to give the creators three or four full seasons so that these problems wouldn't have existed.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:34 am

I've seen the first three episodes as well and they are quite good! I agree, I am glad neither Korra or Asami are in a relationship with Mako anymore- he is a really two-faced guy and they are both better off staying away from any more romance with him.

The plot seems cool and I'm excited to see more of Lin.
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:25 pm

AWWW!!! BUT THIS SEASON IS THE BEST SO FAR!!!

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:42 pm

Man, I hate to hear that! :( If these ratings continue, this will probably be the last season.

Personally, I think it's Nick's fault. They should have marketed it better. Season 1 had trailers out months before the episodes aired, giving plenty of time for buildup, but this season barely had any time for that. Though from what I understand, some episodes from the middle of the season got leaked, so Nick and the creators of the show wanted to start airing it as quickly as possible so nothing could be spoiled from the leaked episodes.

I hope the ratings pick up! It would be a shame for yet another outstanding show to be cancelled.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Theory time! This woman (who is Lin Beifong's half-sister) is the daughter of Toph and Sokka!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/photo-legend-korra-anne-heches-717594?vcs=social_20140710_27603696
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Interesting! I could see that!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Did y'all see episodes 6 and 7 last night? I thought they were really good!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:15 pm

I thought they were good too! I'm pretty happy with this season!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm so disappointed to hear about this!!! :( Legend of Korra is so good, and it's very sad that such an amazing show hasn't been as successful as it should be.

I had a feeling they would end the show after season 3, but I'm surprised that they're dropping the episodes from tv midseason. I'm thankful that we at least get to see the rest of the episodes online, and I hope that something will work out with Netflix or another site and maybe we will get a season 4. Though I'm not sure I would want a season 4 unless season 3 ends on a cliffhanger, because a season 4 would probably not have as good quality if it has to air online.

I definitely think the problem was online pirating and the episodes that got leaked. I know that Nick was in a hurry to air the season after some episodes from the middle of the season got leaked, and I don't really blame them, though I do think they could have advertised it better.

I'm also not really sure what to think about the Spider-Man news. I'm kind of confused as to why they would wait so long to do another Spider-Man movie and how it's going to work to focus on just the Sinister Six.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:40 pm

So, what do y'all think of the episodes they've put online?

Personally, I kinda got used to watching two episodes in a row, so I feel "That's it?" whenever I watch a single episode. Plus, it really stinks that this show got screwed over by Nick. It really ticks me off.

However, I actually kinda like watching it online. The episodes get put online around mid-day, so I don't have to wait until that night to either try and catch it or record it and watch it later. Plus, being so close to the screen means I see a lot more background details, which is cool.

As for the actual episodes themselves, I think they are still really good, especially the episode that just came out today.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Yeah, it is kind of weird only watching one- especially since they tend to end on a bit of a cliffhanger each time!

I've really enjoyed it online tbh. We've been watching it on Amazon, and the episodes flow so much better without so many commercials. It's not exactly fair that they canceled it how they did, but business is business, and it's not like they totally canceled it *glares at Disney*

The latest episode was great! It's so cool seeing Asami and Korra working together now that their friends and all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. Golly. Jeepers. Oh my freakin' gosh!!! That season finale for LOK was awesome! It was beyond awesome! It was be-awesome!!!

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 10430511

I need to calm down before I can officially talk about this episode... I'll come back tomorrow (if I'm physically able to calm down and discuss this episode).
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:04 am

Okay, I know it's midnight, but I can't wait any longer. I have to talk about the Season Finale!
First, the non-spoiler stuff. As you can tell, I absolutely loved this seasonĀ finale! The animation and artwork were top-notch (even the CGI was great); the action-scenes were epic; the emotional scenes were moving; and the story was well-told (even though not too much actually happened). Okay, now for spoilers.

Spoiler:

Overall, this season has been great through and through. My only wish (which is a big, but kinda pointless wish at this point) is that LOK could have had full 20-24 episode seasons, instead of 12-14 episode season. I love what we got right now, but I truly believe that having longer seasons would have made it even better. Curse you, Nickelodeon! Curse you!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 6:10 am

allishmalli wrote:
Okay, I know it's midnight, but I can't wait any longer. I have to talk about the Season Finale!
First, the non-spoiler stuff. As you can tell, I absolutely loved this seasonĀ finale! The animation and artwork were top-notch (even the CGI was great); the action-scenes were epic; the emotional scenes were moving; and the story was well-told (even though not too much actually happened). Okay, now for spoilers.

Spoiler:

Overall, this season has been great through and through. My only wish (which is a big, but kinda pointless wish at this point) is that LOK could have had full 20-24 episode seasons, instead of 12-14 episode season. I love what we got right now, but I truly believe that having longer seasons would have made it even better. Curse you, Nickelodeon! Curse you!

You just explained pretty much all my thoughts on the finale! Very Happy I agree, I loved how amazing it was!! Very Happy And I agree about Korra and the fights.
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Ugh yes it was sooooo amazing!! I'm really impressed with how far the story/writing/animation has come since last season! The end was so heartbreaking- I almost cried Crying or Very sad

I'm really excited to see how the show develops next season, and am especially curious of how soon after the end of Book 3 it takes place-
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm going to predict that the time between the end of Book 3 and the beginning of Book 4 will be long, but no more than 6 months. I predict this because having a long time between books could... um... I'm about to go into spoiler territory here...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 7:37 pm

OOOH YES THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA

It would be really interesting to see that progression post-6 months... sad, but interesting
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 5:19 pm

LOK news!

Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Ooh cool! This all of this info is so cool! I would love to see some other non-avatar shows from Bryke, it would be interesting to see what they come up with Very Happy And MIR is amazing, and I can't wait to see what comes out of their partnership with dreamworks! Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 8:59 pm

I have fantastic news!!! Book 4 of LOK is coming out THIS October 3rd!!!
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Tumblr_mehq3aiKZC1r9fr8s

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

What are some things your hoping for this season? I'm praying that it is as good/ better than season 3, because then it would really be "as good as ATLA" (as much as i hate to compare the two shows, they are different after all, it's obvious that until LOK season 3, ATLA was totally superior in almost every way). I also want to see Korra and Asami's friendship develop more, and some Jinora action! I really love how well her character has been done, and how strong the writing for her specifically has been through all the seasons Smile Also, we need some bonding within the Krew... everything seems a bit awkward after the whole love-triangle thing.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 pm

I heard that every character from TLA that is still alive (or at least not confirmed dead) will make an appearance in Book 4. Maybe Toph and/or Azula will make an appearance! I also heard that everything in the show will be wrapped up in the end of the Book. That's good so that we'll feel satisfied and not have to deal with storylines and other things being left open in the end of LOK, unlike some TV shows I know (Ahem! Looking at you, TCW).

Spoiler:

Again, honestly, I just want it to be great. I want this Book to beĀ as good/better than Book 3. I can't wait!

Last edited by allishmalli on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next