Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writing Topic

Go down 
+14
Pinksaber13
futurejedigirl0202
Arda_Ancalima
Obi-Wan's Padawan
Winter Celchu27
Hannakin
allishmalli
i heart chewie
JediKnightGirl
Rex'sgirl
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Leia Organa
Jedi~Chick
Amaranthine
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Writing Topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Well, Proverbs states that “Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another”. Maybe we can help. Although what you said is correct, you have a story to tell and I think that you should tell it (or write it in this case).
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Obi-Wan's Padawan

Obi-Wan's Padawan

Location : In The Room of a Thousand Fountains....writing to my heart's content. :)

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm

You're right. study I think I'll give it another shot... Smile
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Yea! Tell us if you need help.
Back to top Go down
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 pm

I started a new serious fanfiction story, but it's not ready to post yet.

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Has anyone heard of Script Frenzy? Smile It's a sister program to NaNoWriMo that takes place in April. The challenge--write a 100 page script in 30 days. It's really fun! If anyone's interested, you can check out the main site http://scriptfrenzy.org/, or the SF young writer's program http://ywp.scriptfrenzy.org/.

Last year I wrote musical versions of The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith using rewritten songs from other musicals (plus a couple shorts to get to 100 pages) and had a lot of fun! I'm planning on doing it this year as well, but my story still needs planning.
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
futurejedigirl0202

futurejedigirl0202

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Wrote a short story about a non-existent room at the end of the universe. It's not that good. I had this one about a ghost I really liked but I lost it. Your ideas are cool.
Back to top Go down
http://geekystuffilove.blogspot.com/
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Hey y'all. I decided to re-write my "Comma Man and Quote Girl" story. Hope you like it!
Arvard Lance woke up to the sound of his cell phone ringing, his hero-phone. He looked at the clock.
“2 o’clock!? Well, I guess evil never sleeps,” he thought. He got out of bed, picked up the phone, left the room so he wouldn’t wake his wife, Jean, and answered the call. At this moment, he was no longer Arvard Lance the lawyer. He was the local hero, Comma Man. The sound of a ninth-grade girl was at the other end.
“Is this Comma Man?”
“Yes, this is Comma Man. Do you need help?” Comma Man asked.
“Oh yes, I have a research paper due in the morning and I need help proofreading!” she responded.
“What is your location?”
“I live at 123 Prime Lane.”
“Alright, I’ll be on my way!” Comma Man assured her. He snuck back into the room, went to his closet, and pushed aside his clothes. Behind his clothes was a secret door. Comma Man opened it, went inside to his “Comma Cave”, and grabbed his super suit. As he was walking to his car, his daughter Leann came down the stairs wearing her super suit. She actually was Comma Man’s sidekick, Quote Girl.
“Leann, I got this. Go back to bed,” Comma Man told her.
“I can’t sleep and I’m already dressed. Please can I come, Dad?” Quote Girl begged.
“Alright, you can come. Let’s go to the car,” Comma Man said. The duo went down to Arvard’s BMW. They jumped in, backed out the garage, and took off.
“Um… Dad, the car is still the BMW,” Quote Girl pointed out.
“Oh yeah! Thanks, my young and tired sidekick,” Comma Man said. He pushed a button in the very center of his steering wheel. Suddenly, the car stretched out into a red super car. Inside, tons of gadgets appeared and the radio turned into a GPS.
“Whoa! I’m never gonna get used to this!” Quote Girl said.
“You know, what’s your mom going to say when she finds out that I took you out on duty at 2 o’clock in the morning on a school night?” Comma Man asked.
“Uh oh. I didn’t think of that,” Quote Girl replied.
“And aren’t you going to be tired in the morning?”
“Ooh, I didn’t think of that either. Oh well, Let’s go save someone,” Quote Girl said.
“Okay, we’re hear,” Comma Man said when they arrived. The two jumped out of the super car, ran to the house, and knocked on the door. Two people answered the door. Comma Man and Quote Girl came to the conclusion that these were the girl’s parents.
“Thank goodness you’re here,” the girl’s parents said, “she’s been up all night with this research paper. She’s just started this yesterday.”
“Ah, procrastination. It is the grave which opportunity is buried,” Comma Man explained. “If you don’t mind me asking, what school does your daughter go to?”
“Uh… Syntax High. She’s a uh… ninth grader. Honors English,” the mother replied.
“Who’s her English teacher?” Comma Man asked.
“Um… uh… Miss… um… Caddy, I think. We’re always forgetting,” the dad replied.
“Ok, show us the way,” Comma Man said. As they were walking down the hall, Quote Girl pulled Comma Man to the side.
“Dad, I go to Syntax High. There is no “Miss Caddy”! All we have are Mrs. Emerald and Mrs. Myst,” Quote Girl whispered. Before they knew it, the two people whipped around and grabbed them from behind. “It’s a trap! (Admiral Ackbar; Return of the Jedi)” Quote Girl cried out.
To be continued…
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Lol! I like it Allishmalli please keep writing more!
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:44 am

Don't worry, I will. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:25 am

Yay!!! Your welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:41 am

LOL!! I loved it!!!!!!! Great job Allishmalli!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Awesome allishmalli!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I can't wait for more!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey, y'all! I wrote a scary story for my English Class. Do y'all want to read it?
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:13 pm

allishmalli wrote:
Hey, y'all! I wrote a scary story for my English Class. Do y'all want to read it?
Since no one has replied, I'm guessing that's a "no".
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Go ahead and post it if you like! I'll read it. Smile
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Ok, I will warn you. It's a bit dark, so if you get nightmares easily, then don't read it.

It was a brisk Halloween night and all was quiet in Maple Heights. The companies of superheroes, princesses, wizards, fairies, Jedi, and adorable animals had already made their candy-related errands. Teenagers were bobbing for apples, enjoying Halloween themed snacks, and socializing with their friends at the last house in the neighborhood. In the front of the neighborhood stood a quaint little house owned by the Lewis family. Jane Lewis had put her baby to bed and was just about to go to bed herself when the doorbell rang. Jane saw Jonathan walking to the door and smirked when she saw him making sure the leftover candy was there just in case if there were some really late trick-or-treaters.
“Good evening, ladies,” she heard Jonathan say with a friendly tone. “May I help you with something?”
“Yes, is your wife home?” she heard a woman ask in a stern, deep voice.
“Yes, she is,” she heard Jonathan answer. “Jane, can you come to the door please.” Jane saw the confused look on his face as she walked to the door.
“Who is it, dear?” she asked while she was walking towards the door.
“I don’t know,” Jonathan whispered to her when she arrived at the door. Jane saw five women at the door; all were wearing black dresses with hoods on them and all wearing a ton of make-up. An unpleasant aura seemed to surround them.
“May I help you?” Jane asked them.
The women turned to each other and then turned back towards Jane and Jonathan. The woman in the front of the group spoke up. Jane recognized that this was the woman who had asked for her in the first place. “Yes, would you happen to have any Turkish Delight by any chance?”
Jane contemplated for a moment – not because she was trying to remember if she had any, but because she wondered why they would ask a stranger such a bizarre question. She decided not to judge, and she answered, “I’m sorry, we don’t have any Turkish Delight. We do, however, have leftover Halloween candy.”
“No, thank you. We’re not trick-or-treaters,” the woman responded.
Jane wanted to ask exactly what they were, but then suddenly a young woman who was not originally a part of the group came from behind and stopped to talk to the woman in the front. Jane thought she heard the younger woman whisper, “We need more sacrifices,” but she wasn’t quite sure.
Jane decided to ignore it and offer something else that might please them. “Is there anything else you would like?” She was expecting them to say “no” and be on their way, but instead, they all looked at Jonathan and Jane and smiled in an evil manner. Jane looked at Jonathan in horror, thinking about what she thought she heard.
“These will do,” the woman in the front said out loud. Jane suddenly realized that these women were witches. Before Jane or Jonathan could do anything, two witches grabbed Jane, three witches grabbed Jonathan, and they started dragging them outside. Jane tried to escape, but their grip was so tight, she couldn’t break free. She felt like she was in human handcuffs. She tried screaming, but they held her mouth shut. She tried to bite the hand holding her mouth shut, but it just held tighter. She tried even harder to break free; she kicked, elbowed, and squirmed. Finally, the abductors stopped and held Jane and Jonathan still. The head witch came in front and started chanting something that Jane could not understand. Suddenly, a thick cloud of dust rushed toward her and all was black.
Jane awoke to the sound of metal being sharpened. Chhingg, chhingg, chhingg. Jane slowly opened her eyes and was immediately horrified. There was a great crowd of creatures surrounding her. Most of them were witches standing around a caldron brewing something awful. Some creatures were sharpening knives, and they were not even human. Instead, they were horrific creatures – ghastly looking ogres with monstrous teeth, grotesque harpies that hissed at Jane whenever they flew by, colossal Minotaurs with horns sharper than swords, hags more hideous than even the most hideous people in the world, fiery demons that made even the bold witches uneasy, and evil spirits that soared all around and laughed in Jane’s face making her cringe and scream. What made matters worse was that she couldn’t even cover her eyes and ears because she was strapped to a solid stone wall with her hands at her side.
During all the commotion, Jane thought back to what she had learned about the origin of Halloween in Women’s Bible Study the Friday before. She had learned that before Jesus, on Halloween, Druids, or Celtic priests, would visit peasants’ homes and demanded certain food. If they didn’t have it, the Druid would curse the home and take someone to be a human sacrifice to the dead later that night. She also learned that even one hundred years after Jesus, Halloween was stronger than ever and that witches had replaced the Druids. They worshiped Satan and they built bonfires to burn live human sacrifices to Satan on Halloween. Jane also knew for a fact that witchcraft was still practiced, even in the United States.
Then all of sudden, everything stopped. The head witch came out and faced the crowd. She said to the crowd, “Bring out the sacrifices that are going to be burned!”
That’s when Jane suddenly noticed the fire pit with four posts in the center. She also saw four children being led towards the fire by another witch. The crowd shouted and cheered. She turned her head to the side so maybe she didn’t have to watch the terrifying event that she was about to witness. She saw Jonathan strapped to another stone wall. She had forgotten that he had been captured too and now realized that there was no one to save them from what was about to happen. She didn’t know why she wasn’t about to be burned, but she knew that she wasn’t getting out of this alive. A hush fell over the crowd while one of the witches tied each child to a post. They all had tears in their eyes, hoping and praying that God would save them.
The head witch looked towards the sky and the others followed. She shouted, “Oh Lucifer, Great Evil One, Prince of Darkness, Great Dragon! We call upon you tonight to offer up these sacrifices! We hope that we have served you well and hope that this will please you!” She then chanted evil sounding words that Jane didn’t understand. A flame suddenly ignited in the fire pit and the children quickly caught on fire. The savages roared with shouts, cheers, and laughter as the children screamed and groaned with pain and struggled to break free. Their clothes and hair disintegrated and their skin became like ashes. The look of pain and suffering on their faces was too much for Jane to bear. She closed her eyes and turned her head away towards her husband.
The fire died down after a moment and all that was left of the children were their charred bones. The head witch then turned towards the crowd and shouted, “Now, let the festivities begin!” Chaos broke out instantly! The witches raised their arms and recited spells and incantations of all sorts. The spirits and demons fled the scene so that they could haunt and possess humans in the area.
One of the witches called out, “Let there be blood!” and the rest of the crowd shouted in agreement. Jane’s eyes grew wide and she turned her head towards Jonathan with an expression of fear on her face.
She mouthed I think that’s us, and then she heard the terrible sound of daggers being drawn from their sheaths. Jane saw three witches walk slowly towards Jonathan. Tears began to form as she thought of what was about to happen to him. She looked towards him, looking upon her best friend for the last time.
Just before the witches approached him, he mouthed I love you. Two witches held him so he wouldn’t squirm, and the third witch ran her dagger through his chest. Jonathan’s eyes widened as the blade pierced his organs. Then, his eyes slowly closed and he was gone.
Jane cried out in shock, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!” What was even worse was that the rest of the brutes gathered around and filled chalices with his oozing blood. Jane couldn’t bear it anymore. All she could do was think, “Jesus, please forgive them.”
When Jonathan’s blood ran out, the witches raised their chalices and toasted to the Devil and the beasts followed. Jane couldn’t bear to see them drink her husband’s blood. Even the thought of it made her sick to her stomach, not like her stomach wasn’t already feeling terrible. She looked away and closed her eyes though it didn’t stop the tears from streaming down her face.
Then suddenly, Jane heard a voice call out, “We need more blood!” Jane opened her eyes and gasped. She turned to the savages walking towards her, very slowly. The fear built up inside Jane with every step they took towards her. She tried to diminish her fear by thinking how the pain will be momentary and how she’ll be with Jesus and Jonathan soon and it will all be over. She was still afraid though. They kept walking towards her, daggers and cups in hand. They finally reached her. Ogres held her in place. A witch held her dagger in to position. The dagger thrust into her chest. Just as her eyes closed, she saw the look of triumph on the demon’s faces.
Jane opened her eyes, sat up, and gasped for air. She saw that she was in her bedroom with Jonathan sleeping next to her. A major feeling of relief swelled inside her and tears of joy ran down her face. She was so happy to be alive and that horrible event never took place. She looked at her husband, so glad that he was alive too. She felt the urge to tell him that she loved him, so she woke him up.
“Honey, is something the matter?” Jonathan asked groggily as he sat up. Jane paused for a moment, then hugged and kissed him all over his face, still crying. When she stopped, Jonathan pushed back Jane’s hair and whispered, “It’s alright. It was just a bad dream. Try to go back to sleep. We’ll talk about it in the morning.”
Jane tried to go back to sleep, but she kept thinking about how the nightmare was so real. Jane realized that Halloween isn’t as innocent and fun as people like to think. Its roots and traditions are truly demonic and she convinced herself that she would never celebrate such an evil holiday. She then slowly, steadily, quietly drifted off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:53 pm

That was creepy! :O I liked the part "fiery demons that made even the bold witches uneasy." It adds a cool dynamic.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Yeah, I liked that part too. I thought it sounded professional.
Back to top Go down
Obi-Wan's Padawan

Obi-Wan's Padawan

Location : In The Room of a Thousand Fountains....writing to my heart's content. :)

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Super halloween-ish. Shocked Your writing style is good though, you describe things really well.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Why thank you. I will probably never write that dark again. I am glad that I did make it a "happy ending." If I hadn't, my English teacher might have sent me to the Counseling Center.
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 7:16 am

I wrote a ten thousand word SW Humor fic called 'The Council Meeting'. I stared three novels this summer. Didn't finish any of them.

1. Time Traveling Tweens
Genre: Si-Fi
MCs: Rorina 'Rory' Stevenson-Homer, Stella Wang and Haley Humartik

2. Victoire, a Novel
Genre: Historical
MCs: Victoire Leroux

3. Fake it or Break It
Genre: YA
MCs: Caitryn Harris
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:44 am

I can't believe I haven't commented on this topic yet. DX
I LOVE to write! I've always created stories and when I was nine, I started writing a science fiction book series. I am still currently working on this science fiction series, I have written all five books but last year I decided to re-write the first book after having it sent to a publisher and getting told no(they were very nice about it and even hand-wrote a message on the printed letter).
The book series will also have a second follow-up series but that's all I will say for now Wink.

The story is science fiction (sub genres include- Space Opera, Soft and Social Sci-fi, and Military science fiction) and the main character is a teenage girl. My goal is to finish the new version of book 1(which I'm really liking so far) this year and get it published Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Sounds super awesome Shena!!!! Good luck with the rest of your writing! I want to read your book when it's published! Smile

I've always loved writing, and though I don't write as much anymore I still love to come up with story ideas, maybe to use as movies Smile

I used to do a lot of fantasy but now I've moved on to more sci-fi stuff Smile I love drawing characters too! I get a ton of inspiration just from drawing characters.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Thank you very much, DSK!!! Very Happy I'll definitely be giving you a signed copy of the book once it's published Smile

That's a really good idea, making movies and coming up with ideas are awesome! Very Happy
That's really cool that you draw characters; I bet that can really help for getting a good idea of what they look like. Very Happy

I'll definitely be writing other books other than the series(I have a lot of ideas) and most of them will be science fiction(though I will write fantasy and contemporary books as well) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm

You're welcome! And thank you!!!!!! Very Happy

Thanks! Smile Something about drawing them does feel like you're getting to know them better Smile

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing Topic   Writing Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing Topic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next