Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Okay, I saw TLJ last night, and I still haven't processed everything.

NON-SPOILER thoughts: It was AWESOME!

So many awesome things happened (too many to count), and there were so many twists and turns throughout! I was (figuratively) on the edge of my seat the entire movie (physically, I was practically glued to my recliner-seat the theater had, holding my fuzzy coat close to my face and breathing heavily)! Also, it was surprisingly funnier than I expected!

There are some things though that I haven't quite... oh dear, I had the word on the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to get it... if I think of it, I'll come back and edit this... those things I don't really consider to be bad, but I'm having a hard time accepting, I guess.

Anyways, overall, great movie! I'll definitely be seeing it again (and possibly seeing it multiple times after this)! I know I'm talking to a bunch of Star Wars fangirls who have probably either seen the movie already or plan to go see it soon, but y'all gotta go see this movie ASAP!!!

I do think that I need to see the movie again to fully process it. I've heard of people that were kind of iffy the first time watching it, but fell completely in love with the movie during their second viewing.

I think I might wait to give a whole spoiler-y review after a second viewing.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Hey!! I saw it too! Sorry for the late response, I've been traveling with my family lately. But I'm really glad that you liked it!

My non-spoiler review:

I liked it too, quite a bit! Probably better than Force Awakens. I love it when films take risks and this one truly did. I liked the themes and I liked the world-building. It felt like Star Wars and not something trying to copy Star Wars like Force Awakens did at times.

My favorite thing about the film was the handling of Luke, which apparently a lot of people didn't like? But I loved what they did with him. The thing that really sells me on it is Mark Hamill's performance. There are certain scenes where he goes right back to the same speech patterns and expressions he did in the OT and it really sells you that, even though he has changed with age, this is indeed the same character.

My least favorite was Finn's storyline. I felt like he kind of got left out and some parts of it felt pretty forced. I really want to see more of him in Episode IX and more of Finn and Rey together!

Here are some quick spoiler-y things:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Here is something I wrote on tumblr if anyone is interested, as a defense for Luke's character in TLJ.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2