Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 9:49 pm

So, fun fact. Right now, there are 500 days until Episode 8 [Edit 01/23/17: Star Wars: The Last Jedi] comes out. I know, I know. It feels like forever. But trust me, it's closer than you think.

So, now feels like a good time to open up an Episode 8 topic. This is the place where we can start theorizing about what the movie's going to be like, where we post news-posts about the movie as they come out, and share our thoughts on the movie once it's released.

So, I already posted a "Who is Rey?" topic earlier, so if you have theories on that, post them in that topic. But what are some other early theories you have about the next movie? I know it's kind of hard to come up with a theory this early since we don't know hardly anything about the next movie (aside from what's in TFA). We don't even know how much in-universe time will pass between TFA and Episode 8. But, if anyone has any theories, this is the place to share.

Last edited by allishmalli on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Ooh, good topic!

I'm just hoping they go in a way different direction with this one.

I'm not really sure what I'd like to see beyond that, though. Or even what I think we'll see.

It would be interesting if Rey turned to the dark side. I already feel like Kylo should stay evil, so maybe instead of saving him from the dark side Rey's journey should be fighting her own temptations to the dark side.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Some people are wondering since Kylo Ren left his helmet on Starkiller base when it exploded and Rey cut his lightsaber in half (along with giving him a facial scar), if he's going to have a new helmet that looks more like Vader's helmet or something and if Snoke is going to give him Vader's old lightsaber or something.

What do y'all think about that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
It would be interesting if Rey turned to the dark side.

Interesting? Yes. Definitely. No question.

Do I actually want to see Rey turn? Uh... *laughs/chuckles softly* no.

It's actually kinda amazing how quickly I've become attached to this character already... just after only one movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I already feel like Kylo should stay evil, so maybe instead of saving him from the dark side Rey's journey should be fighting her own temptations to the dark side.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Ef4ecda158ef1e79079546811ace2017bd04708149857b1cc6ff5d3712c11d5f

EDIT (a few seconds later): Actually, I think both DSK's suggestion and mine are legitimate points.

So... the OT (or RotJ) was basically Luke trying (and succeeding) to save Vader (along with trying to resist temptation from the dark side, but that struggle is arguably not as stressed as Luke trying to save Vader). The PT was basically Anakin trying (and failing) to resist the dark side.

So, it would make sense for Rey to do both as kind of a combining of the two struggles.

But, it does make sense that Rey wouldn't want to save Kylo Ben (unless she was related to him or something) and her struggle would be trying (and hopefully succeeding) to resist the dark side.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 2:00 pm

It's official. 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' release delayed to Dec. 15th, 2017.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017

To be honest, I'm actually really glad it got delayed.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Tumblr_n2orqzzl3M1tvy7qao1_r1_500

I'm serious. From a Box Office perspective, I was actually really worried that Disney was going to cannibalize itself by releasing both 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' and Episode 8 in the same month.

Also, I was kinda worried that trying to make another SW movie in a year and a few months was just crazy and would result in a low-quality movie.

Plus, I'm perfectly fine with having Marvel movies in May, Pixar movies in June, Disney Animation movies in November, and Star Wars in December. It's nicely spaced out.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 7:05 pm

I agree! Everyone is flipping out, but I think this is smart.

Also apparently they're rewriting parts of the script based on fan reaction to the characters! I think that's cool!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Ooh, it would be neat if he had a new helmet! I'm really curious about the Knights of Ren in general. I hope we get to see more of them in the next movie.

And I totally agree, I'm glad the release date was moved. Not only does that space it out from the Marvel releases, it also means that the writers are taking fan opinion into consideration, which I like.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Woah, I literally just found a theory about Snoke that's worth sharing, I haven't even gone through the whole theory, and I want to share it. But.... maybe I should finish first... *finishes video*

Okay, so the theory turned into a bit of a letdown, but it's still worth sharing...

I thought that the theory of Snoke being the youngling from RotS was a great one... until the part where it talks about Vader training this youngling. As much as that part is somewhat crucial to the theory being true (and the fact that the EU has had plenty of secret apprentices for Vader), I really don't like the idea that Vader had a secret apprentice during the time of the movies all along... it feels... I don't know...

What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Wow! That's a really interesting theory, and I love that it ties in the prequels. I could kinda see it, but at the same time I feel like Snoke being some random padawan from another film would be a bit of a stretch. Then Vader training him is just too much.

Also I've been hearing a lot of rumors lately that Hayden Christensen will be in Episode VIII. I haven't fact checked this but I'd say it's highly possible, especially since they were going to have him in Episode VII. I hope it's true!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Hmm... I haven't really heard too many Hayden rumors as of late, mainly back in September of last year.

You know, I think I'm just gonna quote myself again, since my thoughts are pretty much the same (quote from "The Force Awakens" topic).

allishmalli wrote:
Apparently, there is a rumor going around the internet (it's actually a trending topic on Facebook now) that's saying that Hayden Christensen is going to be in future SW movies like Episode VIII and Rogue One, probably as a force ghost.

Like I said in the Basic TCW Talk topic, "I know Hayden Christensen gets a lot of criticism for his portrayal of Anakin (I'm willing to defend some of it, but not all of it); but I've heard people (at least people who don't like his performance) argue that it wasn't his acting, just bad direction and bad writing. Even an Oscar-winning actor will look bad with bad direction and bad writing. Even though I haven't seen much of his other films, I have seen one other movie he was in (Shattered Glass... really good movie btw) and, in my opinion, he was pretty good in it (though I'm not the best judge at acting skills)."

So honestly, I think if the story works well with force-ghost Anakin in it and Hayden gets some good direction and writing to go with it, I don't think it's a bad idea. Maybe public opinion of him and his portrayal of Anakin will boost if it all works out well.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by allishmalli on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Here lies the greatest Star Wars picture to come out since TFA...

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/04/mark-hamill-tweets-picture-of-himself.html?spref=pi
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 2:35 pm

That is so adorable! Very Happy

Mark and Daisy are just great! The whole cast is great, really, and it's so much fun to see them living out everyone's dream of being in Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 5:49 pm

I just saw today that Rian Johnson (the director of Episode 8 ) confirmed that "'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Picks Up Where 'The Force Awakens' Left Off": http://moviepilot.com/posts/4003474

Basically, from what I can tell, Episode 8 will not have a time-jump from when TFA left off, unlike every other SW movie. What I haven't found out yet is if there will even be an opening crawl. I've had this question in my mind since the rumor was first circling around the internet months ago, mostly due to the phrasing people keep using.

"... confirmed that Episode VIII will pick up immediately where The Force Awakens left off." "This is going to start right where the last one left off. It was a break from tradition." Does this mean (since it's a break from tradition) that there won't be an opening crawl? I'd like some clarification, please!

While I think starting where TFA left off instead of jumping six months later or something is a good idea... a good break from tradition (since TFA left on a cliff-hanger), not even having the opening crawl is a step too far.

What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Hmm, I can't imagine that they wouldn't have an opening crawl. But then again I guess they wouldn't really need one.

I don't know how to feel about that. I really feel like it's an essential part of Star Wars, and I'm sure the execs at Disney/Lucasfilm agree. I feel like we'll end up with an opening crawl of some sort, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 am

I'm assuming the title will be released soon since this movie comes out this year (and now that Rogue One has been released they'll be wanting to build up the hype for this one), but for now let's play a game of prediction! What do you guys think the title will be? Keep in mind that the title of the second in a star wars trilogy always has four words (The Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones). I think the title will somehow have the words "First Order" in it.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 am

The official title just came out today!!!

Eeeeeeeek!!!

Okay, so who does "The Last Jedi" refer to? If it's referring to Luke, then I predict that Rey may go to the Dark Side in this movie. If it's referring to Rey... I predict that Luke is going to die. NOOOOOO!!!

Last edited by allishmalli on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 am

LOL welp, all of my theories were wrong!

I like it! I was slightly thrown off at first because it didn't follow the title pattern of having four words, but honestly, I think that's a good thing. I like that this title isn't trying to mimic "The Empire Strikes Back". It's dark, ominous, and very much its own thing.

Although I'm totally calling it now: Luke is going to die.

(Something interesting, however, someone on a comment thread on another website pointed out that "Jedi" is plural, so "The Last Jedi" could be referring to multiple people... interesting)

EDIT: Sorry Alli, I didn't see your post. I agree with you about Rey maybe going to the dark side. I think that is a very big possibility here. Or Luke Dying ( Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 10:47 am

I like it! I was slightly thrown off at first because it didn't follow the title pattern of having four words, but honestly, I think that's a good thing. I like that this title isn't trying to mimic "The Empire Strikes Back". It's dark, ominous, and very much its own thing.

(Something interesting, however, someone on a comment thread on another website pointed out that "Jedi" is plural, so "The Last Jedi" could be referring to multiple people... interesting)

EDIT: Sorry Alli, I didn't see your post. I agree with you about Rey maybe going to the dark side. I think that is a very big possibility here. Or Luke Dying ( Crying or Very sad )

I say it's possible that they're referring to both Rey and Luke (and it would be a "twist" if everyone is expecting Luke to die to make Rey "The Last Jedi"), but I'm not that optimistic. They chose a darker-sounding title for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 11:01 am

allishmalli wrote:

I say it's possible that they're referring to both Rey and Luke (and it would be a "twist" if everyone is expecting Luke to die to make Rey "The Last Jedi"), but I'm not that optimistic. They chose a darker-sounding title for a reason.

Makes sense.

I can't remember if we've talked about this here yet, but I've seen a theory for Rey's development as the films progress. I've seen it speculated that she will be an answer to the problems with the Jedi and after going to the dark side, will instead find something totally new that isn't Jedi or Sith. With the title then, it could be referring to Luke being the "last Jedi" in the traditional sense, with Rey and future force-users going on to become something else.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Hey, I think I've caught something on TLJ's announcements. I originally posted it on a different topic (the "Who Is Rey?" topic, to be specific), so I'm just going to quote it here.

allishmalli wrote:
Okay, so I think all of the official Star Wars FaceBook pages just gave away that Rey is Luke's daughter.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Img_4512 Star Wars: The Last Jedi Img_4513

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Img_4514

Otherwise, they would've said "...the next chapter in the Star Wars saga", not "the Skywalker saga".

Either someone really messed up (and is probably going to get fired) and no one's caught it yet, or this is deliberate considering everyone (or most everyone) thinks that Rey is Luke's daughter (and this is their "subtle" way of telling us).

I know I've said this before, but I still think that Rey is also Obi-Wan's granddaughter (or great-granddaughter) even though she's most likely a Skywalker.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Shhhhh. Luke isn't going to die. Ever. Luke is immortal and not allowed to die, in any Star Wars movie, ever.

I think it would be really interesting if Rey ended up leading a different kind of Force-using group. I don't think the Jedi or the Sith were ever meant to last forever, so maybe Luke really /is/ the last Jedi.

I have to say, at the moment I don't really care for the title. We've already had "The Force Awakens" and now "The Last Jedi". Too many titles starting with "the", they're only supposed to have one per trilogy. (kidding. sort of.) i wish they had chosen something that didn't sound so similar to "the force awakens". I'm sure it'll grow on me. The Force Awakens did.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 am

Starwarsartist wrote:
Shhhhh. Luke isn't going to die. Ever. Luke is immortal and not allowed to die, in any Star Wars movie, ever.

I think it would be really interesting if Rey ended up leading a different kind of Force-using group. I don't think the Jedi or the Sith were ever meant to last forever, so maybe Luke really /is/ the last Jedi.

Since first posting, I have seen a lot of speculation videos. The one that I'm starting to agree with the most speculates that Rey won't become a "Jedi" but something like it, just like how Kylo Ren is not a Sith but something like it.

It's a lot better than the idea that Luke'll die or Rey will go dark. Considering that Star Wars is (at least somewhat) philosophical and has now been introducing more ideas about the Force and how it works and who can wield it (though Rogue One and Rebels as of late), it'd make sense that the real explanation to the title is more philosophical and goes further into those ideas.

Here's the video if you want to check it out:

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Yeah, I'm really on board with that theory right now. I found an article about it too if anyone is interested.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/23/is-star-wars-moving-beyond-the-jedi
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:17 pm

So, slightly big news today...

The first image of Rey, Finn, and Poe was released today as the box-art of future TLJ merchandising. Also, today marks 300 days until TLJ premieres. Lucky for me, I found this picture on FB that combines the two events!

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 16730310

They all look so cool, Rey especially!!!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 9:35 pm

I love her new hair! Even if I kinda miss the iconic buns a bit too, I think the new hairstyle fits her changes as a character. They all look great! So excited!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:32 am

Hey guys! We're less than a week (ahhhhh) away from The Last Jedi! How are you all feeling?

I personally have been wildly swinging from unbelievable excitement to sheer terror, sometimes within the same day haha. Right now I'm somewhere in the middle- very, very excited, but also very nervous.

There are certain things I've read and heard about that have me apprehensive, others I can't wait to see. Regardless, I have tickets for two nights- next thursday (alone, so I can let everything sink in) and next friday (with my mom, because I've been dragging her to star wars conventions since 2012, I figure I should take her to see this as well haha).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next