Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your favorite expanded universe books?

Go down 
+22
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
GreatOne
Padme's Japor Snippet
UmmS
Starwarsartist
Pinksaber13
SnipsSkywalker
Darth Tromeros
Wolffe's Chick
Tatypadawan
Admin
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
JediKnightGirl
BarrissOffee1297
Jedi~Chick
ahsokafreak2009
AndrieeJainaSolo
Rex'sgirl
Obi-Wan's Padawan
sokafan4ever
Leia Organa
Amaranthine
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Me? XD I didn't..... The Luke thing is a rumor, not a spoiler... unless you're being sarcastic. Razz

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Yes you did. XD You covered them with spoiler bars, but still XD.

Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
GreatOne

GreatOne

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks for the welcoming!Very Happy Luke won't die, at the beginning of the series the authors annouced that none of the "big three" will die.
Back to top Go down
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 pm

Oh really? There's rumors flying all over the place that he is. Phew! That's a relief! Very Happy

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Wait, so no-one knows how Luke died yet?? O.O
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 pm

I LOVE the EU- there are so many great books and stories to explore. I've pretty much read everything from the Old Republic to the Emperial era (though I have read some post-ROTJ books). I have loved most of the Star Wars books I have read but there are a few that really stand out to me.

Here are my favorites

The Jedi Apprentice series- I love this series! It shows the adolescent year of Obi-Wan Kenobi and is wonderfully written. We get to see Obi-Wan grow from a young boy into the great Jedi he will become and we also get to see the formation of his bond with his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. I remember when I first was reading these I would always wait with great anticipation to get the next one. And plus we get to read about Obi-Wan as a kid- how cool is that? Jude Watson is AMAZING!!!!!!! She writes emotion and humor so well Smile She, in my opinion, writes Obi-Wan the best.

Secrets of the Jedi- the first Prequel Era Star Wars book I ever read and still up at the top of my list. I love the writing and how Jude Watson is able to capture the differences between the respective pairings- Qui-Gon and Tahl, Obi-Wan and Siri, and Padme and Anakin. I also like this book because this was the first romance that I actually liked to read about.

The Revenge of the Sith novelization- This book was AMAZING! It completely blew me away the first time I read it. Matthew Stover is a really awesome writer- he captured Anakin better than any other writer I have come across- we really get a look at his soul. I really love his descriptions and the way he writes emotion. He also does a really fantastic job on Obi-Wan and on his friendship with Anakin. Smile

Young Jedi Knights series- When I was younger this was my all time favorite series. I love the adventures the Solo twins and their friends go on and the story is fun but also very well written and well done. My favorite character in this series has always been Jaina.

Jedi Quest series- Jude Watson again Very Happy . Again, I really like how she explored Obi-Wan and Anakin's early relationship and how it progressed to where we see it in Attack of the Clones. The series is just plain awesome, especially the first few and the last few.

Shatterpoint- A book all about Mace Windu? Sounds good. And it IS good. Matthew Stover lets us explore Jedi Master Mace Windu(who is mostly portrayed as a stoic, cold, being) and shows us a deep look into his psyche which was awesome. The book was amazing and by the end of it, Mace became even more awesome in my book. Smile

Wild Space- I loved this book! It's so intense and Obi-Wan is just plain AWESOME! Karen Miller did a really good job on Obi-Wan and getting to read about Obi-Wan and Bail's friendship was just so cool! Oh, and did I say it was intense?

I also really like- The Last of the Jedi series(haven't finished it yet), Junior Jedi Knights series, Legacy of the Jedi, the novelizations of the Prequel trilogy(adult and junior), Rogue Planet, Darth Bane trilogy, and many more.
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:44 pm

I am INSANE for Jude Watson... iNSanE! She's just phenomenal! And I can pretty much recite the Matthew Stover Novelization XD It's my favorite book in the world, and it inspires me so much! Matthew Stover really knows how to make you cry :'( I love KM and KT (the two Karens) but I feel that KM is a little liberal with the ENITE STAR WARS CANON (ok, a lot liberal) Razz and KT's Stuff is like in a completely different world... That I love. But I LOVE them both so so much!! I am just Crazy for The Force Unleashed books, too =D But I don't really read anything past a New Hope Razz
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Awesome!
Yeah, I remember while reading the ROTS novel I got really sad- especially when the four Masters went to fight Palpatine and it was raining- very poignant. It's also really sad when Obi-Wan and Yoda are going through the Temple and Obi-Wan is crying at all the dead Jedi he sees around him. And of course, when he sees that it was his best friend Anakin who led the attack on the Temple- I felt so bad for him :(

Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I know! Obi is the one who really gets the bad end of everything...
His master died, he spent years training someone he called a brother and friend, who betrayed him and killed him... And he had to live for 19 years thinking about his failure BY HIMSELF ALONE! Grr. Why is GL so cruel? Obi is the sweetest guy ever, too! Though I'm more of an Ani Fangirl myself Razz
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:23 am

Yeah, it's really sad. Pretty much everyone he ever cared about dies- and he blames himself for it. Why, George Lucas, why? Crying or Very sad
I'm an Obi-Wan fangirl, but I really like Anakin too Smile
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm

I FINALLY got FOTJ: Apocalypse by Troy Denning! The series wasn't the best SW series I've read, but I really love it. Very Happy I'm excited to hear what happens.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Apocalypse is craaaazzyyyy. XD I've got an autographed copy, as well as the audiobook. ;D It's awesome. I really liked the FOTJ too!!! If anyone's interested, I've read an AWESOME FOTJ AU fanfic. You'd probably like it Amar, there's some funny Natasi Dalla jokes. XD

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7120226/1/More_Than_a_Candle
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 am

I finished the book in three hours. XD

I'm (slightly) disappointed because nobody did anything particularly new. XD It was mostly fight abeloth, fight sith, get stabbed in the back by vestara, go force-mind walking, hear about visions, see visions, manuver around Daala, etc.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

Location : Sinnoh, Hoenn, Kanto, Johto, The North Pole Watertribe, The South Pole Watertribe, The Fire Nation, The Earth Kingdom, and Republic City, battling other Pokemon trainers.

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 am

What book?

~May
Back to top Go down
http://actor-writer-dreamer.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am

Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn duology are my top picks, but I also enjoyed Survivors Quest, Courtship of Princess Leia, Inferno, Star by Star,and Outcast these ones also stand out.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am

So which expanded universe books would you like to see adapted into movies/shows by Disney?(no need for realisticness here!)

Of course almost every EU fan swears by the Thrawn Trilogy, and the Hand of Thrawn books would be good!

YJK and Jedi Quest would be great shows of marketed to younger audiences. How many movies do you think would it take to adapt NJO and LOTF?
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 am

I'd love to see a film/t.v series based off of - The Jedi Apprentice series, Secrets of the Jedi, The Jedi Quest series, Shatterpoint, Wild Space, Young Jedi Knights series, Junior Jedi Knights series, and maybe even a show revolving around the Revenge of the Sith novelization.

And of course I want to see the Thrawn trilogy adapted into movie form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 am

Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn Duology these books are already my ST so if these were to be turned into the next movies...I would be in fangirl heaven!!!!

Ep 7: Heir to the Empire
Ep 8: Dark Force Rising/ The Last Command
Ep 9: Specter of the Past/ Vision of the Future

For a new TV show I can totally see the NJO books working out great!!!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 pm

*screech*

X-WING NOVELLLSSSSSS

Seriously my dreams would come freaking TRUE if any of the X-Wing characters even got a CAMEO. xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
ArtooDeeto

ArtooDeeto

Location : In my rightful place, aboard the Jade Shadow during Fate of the Jedi!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Darkside_has_cookies wrote:
Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn Duology these books are already my ST so if these were to be turned into the next movies...I would be in fangirl heaven!!!!

Ep 7: Heir to the Empire
Ep 8: Dark Force Rising/ The Last Command
Ep 9: Specter of the Past/ Vision of the Future

For a new TV show I can totally see the NJO books working out great!!!

This is what I would like to see.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:46 am

My favorite Star Wars EU books are

Jedi Apprentice series
Secrets of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith (adult novelization)
Jedi Quest series
Shatterpoint
Wild Space
Young Jedi Knights series
The Last of the Jedi series
Junior Jedi Knights series
Legacy of the Jedi
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous 
Darth Bane trilogy
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
Rogue Planet
Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth(except the Taria bits since they aren't canon)
Labyrinth of Evil
The Cestus Deception
The Phantom Menace (adult novelization)
Crosscurrent 
Fatal Alliance
Darth Plagueis 
Deceived 
Knight Errant
Prequel trilogy novelizations
Attack of the Clones (adult novelization)
The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
Revan
Outbound Flight
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 am

I love the Young Jedi Knights, FOTJ, Junior Jedi Knights, and really, anything with the Solo kids and Zekk. haha.
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Awesome, I love books with them! Very Happy Love the Solo kids and Zekk(and Tahiri) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Solo kids <3. Zekk. <3 The Lost Ones was my favorite of the YJK XD
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:29 am

Zekk<3<3<3 I love him!

I also really loved The Courtship Of Princess Leia.
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite expanded universe books?   What are your favorite expanded universe books? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite expanded universe books?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next