Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dumb Question About Movies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

Dumb Question About Movies Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Question About Movies   Dumb Question About Movies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:14 pm

So, it's confirmed that Star Trek director JJ Abrams is directing Episode VII of Star Wars. I always see production/director information everywhere...And I realized that I have no idea...what exactly does the director do? And what does the producer do? And what's the difference, and how much do they affect the outcome of films? Thanks XD I don't watch that many movies at all, so sorry for my ignorance. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question About Movies   Dumb Question About Movies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Director- A film director is a person who directs the actors and film crew in filmmaking.[1] They control a film's artistic and dramatic aspects, while guiding the technical crew and actors. A new director working on feature films might earn as much as $200,000 a year, while the most successful can earn over $500,000 per film plus a "back-end" percentage of the profits, which in some cases can lift their income to several million dollars.[2][3]

Producer- A film producer oversees and delivers a film project to the film studio or other financing entity, while preserving the integrity, voice and vision of the film. They will also often take on some financial risk by using their own money, especially during the pre-production period, before a film is fully financed. Many film producers also obtain competency in other fields (directors, screenwriters, actors) but that is not always the case.

The producer is often actively involved throughout all major phases of the filmmaking process, from inception and development to completion and delivery of a film project.[1] However, an idea or concept for a film can originate with any individual, including a screenwriter, a director or a producer.

LOL, those are the definitions from Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question About Movies   Dumb Question About Movies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:40 pm

lol tahiri you had me going with your intellegent answers I was like wow she really knows a lot about the business Very Happy and amar its not a dumb question i was honestly wondering the same thing Very Happy

thanks tahri for doing the research and providing an answer you lean something new everyday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question About Movies   Dumb Question About Movies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 pm

LOL You're welcome JG!! And I did know a bit about the difference....mainly that the producer deals more with the the money. XD But I didn't think that was a very thorough explaination. XDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question About Movies   Dumb Question About Movies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 am

well that was definitly a very through answer so thanks Very Happy now I know
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question About Movies   Dumb Question About Movies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 pm

... I saw this topic and my first thought was X-Men. Even though I thouroughly enjoyed that series, it was totally full of plot holes leaving me with a ton of dumb questions. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question About Movies   Dumb Question About Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Question About Movies
Page 1 of 1