Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Did You Learn How to Read?

Go down 
+8
Arda_Ancalima
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
allishmalli
SnipsSkywalker
Amaranthine
Starwarsartist
jedispork
Cia Klivian
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

When Did You Learn How to Read? Empty
PostSubject: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:32 pm

I was talking to JC about reading and favorite books, and I got to thinking about some of my favorite books from when I was little. I learned to read when I was 3. Very Happy One of my favorite book series when I was very, very small were Pooh Bear books, and then as I got to be about 5 or 6, I loved Alice in Wonderland, Little House series, The Silver Nutmeg, Ramona Quimby books and things like that. Very Happy When I was 10 or 11 I started reading a lot more and a lot harder books for school (we had free reading lists), like Pride and Prejudice, Robinson Crusoe and stuff like that. And now I read pretty much everything! XDDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Oh goodness...I learned to read a LONG time ago. Don't know exactly when. My favorite book when I was REALLY little, was apparently an interactive book with a squeaky puppy dog.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:01 pm

I started reading when I was about four. My mom would read kids books to me, like I Like Stars (which was the first book I ever read on my own) and eventually I learned to read on my own. When I was five and six, I liked Pony Pals, Junie B Jones and Magic Tree House. When I was seven and onward, I started to read more challenging books, like Black Beauty, the thoroughbred series and the saddle club. I reread those and The Secrets of Droon waay too many times to count when I was growing up, along with Roald Dahl's books, and when I was eleven I read the Harry Potter series.

I've pretty much always loved to read. Books, next to the internet, are the best thing ever. XD
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm

I learned to read when I was 3. My favorite books were Angelina(the mouse), um Amelia Bedelia and those are all the early books I could remember. My first book I read on my own was The Wizard of Oz.

Later I liked Junie B. Jones, Magic Tree House, Secrets of Droon( <333) and Amelia's Notebooks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
When I was five and six, I liked Pony Pals, Junie B Jones and Magic Tree House.
... I still like Junie B. Jones... a whole lot. XD
Not exactly sure when I learned how to read... I don't remember ever NOT knowing.
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 pm

I loved Junie B Jones and Magic Tree House! I also liked Geronimo Stiltson in the 3rd grade. Bearnstein Bears (spelling) was a big one in my house. Clifford books were big when I was younger. Little House books were for more when I was older (plus Narnia). That's all I can think of right this second.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

OH YEAH how could I have forgotten Narina?? I read that when I was 6 as well Smile
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm

I learned to read when I was six years old, though I'd always loved to look at books ever since I was a baby; I knew my alphabet and numbers when I was two and could memorize books that my Mom read to me(my mom would read to my sister and I every day).

My favorite books when I was younger were(in order of age; I think this is right)- Little House on the Prairie series(we read about Martha, Charlotte, Caroline, Laura, and Rose), The Great Brain series, The Magic Tree House series, Junie B. Jones series, Beezus and Romona, Running Out of Time(I read that book over twenty times when I was eight), The Chronicles of Narnia, and other such books. As I got older I started reading Harry Potter(9), Yoda: Dark Rendezvous(I was 9 and my dad read it to my sister and I), Young Jedi Knights series(10-11), Junior Jedi Knights series(10-11), Secrets of the Jedi(11), some of the New Jedi Order series(11), Jedi Apprentice series (12-13), Jedi Quest series(14), and the rest is history XD
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:34 pm

I still love the Great Brain series. XD I was reading it today.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 pm

I love the series as well, SWA!! That's cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 pm

I also loved Geronimo Stilton! I read almost every one of his books. XD I also loved Beverly Cleary and Little House on the Prairie. Ooh, I also really loved The Time Warp Trio!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:09 pm

I learned when I was four or five. Dr. Seuss, Berenstain Bears, Curious George, Little Critter, other little books...my parents read to me a lot when I was little which is basically how I learned. When I was older I really liked the Boxcar Children series and American Girl books. We did Little House on the Prairie and Narnia as read-alouds. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 am

I don't remember how old I was, I just remember being really, really excited about reading XD I think I was 3. My first book I read was Goodnight Moon, but my brother and I LOVED I Spy and read those a lot too. I also really liked Arthur, Berenstein Bears, Dr. Seuss, The Land Before Time, and anything about dinosaurs XD When I was about 5 I started reading Junie B. Jones, The Magic Tree House, Hank the Cowdog, and Because of Winn Dixie. Other than those I read mostly non fiction books, usually about animals or dinosaurs XD I also loved The Magic School Bus. I didn't really like fiction again until I was 9, when my parents forced me to read Harry Potter and I ended up loving it XD After that I started reading any fantasy book I could get my hands on. Eragon, Inkheart, Dragon Rider, Narnia, The Tale of Desperaux, etc. I also liked mysteries, mostly by Peg Kheret, like Abduction or The Stranger Next Door.

Now I read mostly classics, horror/suspense, and sci-fi with a little bit of fantasy or historical fiction sometimes too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 am

I loved all of those books (except for harry potter, and I've never heard of those mysteries, though I read Agatha Christie books) too DSK! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:39 am

Awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I first learned to read at age five. I don't remember any favorite book titles though. Except, being a 90's kid I of course read the Magical School Bus. Razz

I don't like or dislike reading. I LOVE reading things I want or love reading, of course. And I hate reading things I don't want to know or that I dislike. Haven't found much by the way of reading that interests me or if it does that my parents will let me read, which is why I don't read as much as I might.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Magic School Bus! Oh my gosh, I haven't thought about those for forever! They were my favorite when I was in 3rd grade!
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Ikr? I haven't seen on in ages either.
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:54 pm

I've read just about all of those. XD

I started talking before I was one, and started reading before I was 3, according to my parents. XDD I was reading Junie B. Jones in kindergarten. I read chapter books of all kinds....and when I got into about 2nd grade I read Narnia and several other "bigger" books. I read the Dragon Keeper series in 3rd grade (anyone read those? I love those books!!) and I still read a lot to this day. Wink

Animal Ark!!! I read those with my dad when I was really little. Anyone read those??? I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 pm

I read a couple Animal Ark books I think. Smile They were fun!
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Animal Ark! Oh yeah, those were my favorite for a while!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:44 pm

I loved Magic School Bus when I was little!! Such a fun show! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Did You Learn How to Read?   When Did You Learn How to Read? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Did You Learn How to Read?
Page 1 of 1