Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obi-Wan and Siri

Go down 
+2
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:22 pm

I agree, May, that is exactly how I've always felt about it. If Satine and Taria were just Obi-Wan's friends, I'd be fine. Actually, that's how I've decided to see it Smile. I like to say that the HoloNet is what made people think Obi-Wan and Satine liked each other, when really there wasn't anything between them romance-wise Smile
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

Location : Sinnoh, Hoenn, Kanto, Johto, The North Pole Watertribe, The South Pole Watertribe, The Fire Nation, The Earth Kingdom, and Republic City, battling other Pokemon trainers.

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:24 pm

I agree. Either that, or it is just a one-sided thing. Satine has a crush on Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan likes Siri~ And Taria is just THERE.

~May
Back to top Go down
http://actor-writer-dreamer.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Yeah, I like that idea, May Smile One sided things I can handle as well.
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:41 pm

I dislike Taria. I really didn't like how liberal with the canon KM was in general, but creating a love interest for Obi-Wan -and a complete mary-sue love interest who is dying because she ate the wrong kind of shellfish, at that- was just over the top. Plus, I can never say her name right. It always comes out as Daria Tamsin. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:02 am

I agree, Snips, that was what I was thinking as well.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:06 am

exactly snips if the fact that she was dying and obiwans love interest wasn't bad enough the only reason she was dying is for eating the wrong shellfish i mean comeon really? I just couldn't see obiwan and her ever really close maybe friends but not love interest and satine i think he is close to her and since siri is dead when he meets up with her again its alright in my opinion but i really think the only one he truly ever really loved and was actually considinering leaving the jedi order for was siri
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:21 am

Yeah, I was thinking, 'Wouldn't she have known that it was poisonous? She's a Jedi, she should know better than that.' And I agree, Siri was the only one Obi-Wan truly loved Smile
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 am

exactly i mean aren't jedi more cautious then that and if she wasn't sure why didn't she look it up before eating or simply finding something else to eat and I don't know much about poisions but it seemed weird that it was taking years and years and years to kill her and then she was in remission? I thought the fact that she was dying was a little over the top and trying to have readers feel a connection between the two when there was none i mean i couldn't see it they were good friends but i don;t think much more.

and though i like satine even that was kinda rushed i do like the whole meeting up again after years but for anyone to think they are truly in love with each other i mean comeon

siri and obiwan's relationship was built over years of time and it had its trials and they fought and they had to overcome their feelings for each other and be able to continue thier friendship after decdiding they wanted to remain true and loyal to the jedi order that was the most believable love relationship for obiwan in my opinon like you said he only truly loved her he may really care for and deeply like satine but to love her after putting his love aside for siri i can't see that
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

Location : Sinnoh, Hoenn, Kanto, Johto, The North Pole Watertribe, The South Pole Watertribe, The Fire Nation, The Earth Kingdom, and Republic City, battling other Pokemon trainers.

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 am

I agree, it is not really smart to go and eat something if you're a Jedi and you SHOULD be cautious. She must not have been thinkong properly.

The meeting up after a few years is okay, and I was like "alright, if they are just friends." But JUST friends.

Yeah, at first Siri didn't really LIKE Obi-Wan and she thought of him more as a rival. And that time when he left the Jedi for a little while to help that planet Siri was mad at him. But then later in Secrets of the Jedi they seemed to deeply care for one another and then they put it aside. Then Siri was the one to bring up their relationship years later and wonder if they made the right choice. They REALLY liked each other...I feel bad for them. I wish they could've lived happily ever after...

~May
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

I personally think they made the best choice to take the relationship farther wouldn't be in character for either of them i think. but i loved how they could put their love aside in a way but still be as close as they were. they really are the perfect couple
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:38 am

That's the bitter sweet thing about it! I loved how Jude Watson didn't give them a happy ending! I just said that they deserved one. ^_^

~May
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 am

yep i do agree with you there they definitly deserved one but like you said i am glad they didn't get one if that even makes sense lol
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 am

XDDDD Yeah, I have the exact same opinion. It's just CRAAAZY! ^_^

~May
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 am

Isn't it odd to want your favorite Obi-Wan couple to have a sad ending???

o.O

~May
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 am

yeah i guess so I mean i wished siri was still alive and they remained really good friends putting behind thier love for one another but it always being there in a way but i am glad neither left for the other one or anything
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:49 am

Exactly! When Siri died I was crying my eyes out! :( But it was such a great book!
I remember going and screaming to my sister-"SIRI DIED!!!! SHE DIED I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!"
LOL

~May
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 am

aww i had the same reaction i was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but it was very well written and seeing obiwans reaction to her death while heartbreaking was incredible
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Exactly, jedigirl Smile That is why I will always only ship Obi-Wan and Siri Very Happy. And when my sister told me that I yelled "What!?". I agree, her death and Obi-Wan's reaction were so well written.
A part of me wishes it could have ended more happy, but a part of me liked how it ended since it made more sense for both their characters. I also really enjoyed how they grew together, at first not liking each other, then slowly becoming friends until that mission with Taly where it all changed.

And I agree, you'd think that if Taria was such a good Jedi she would have realized that the fish wasn't a good thing to eat. I guess she failed her Jedi test right there :p XD
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Totally agree Shena and JG! My thoughts exactly!

Taria.....is not smart. She failed at her test most definitely. XD

~May
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:37 pm

well in the book she seems so smart and actually a really cool character so it just doesnt fit that the reason she is dying is she ate some bad fish i mean that doesn;t sound like her character.

and i love how the mission with Taly was the turning point and seeing obiwan and siri struggle with the fact that the council wouldn't change and they had to put aside their love so tragic but soo good
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Yeah. I don't see how a smart jedi could eat a fish and go "bleh" SLOWLY wouldn't she have died already if it was poison???

The Taly mission was awesome!!!!!!!! Obi-Wan/Siri struggle = EPIC!

~May
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

exactly what bad fish kills you that slowly seems like a really stupid way to die for a jedi

and yes obiwan and siri's struggle was epic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Yeah, they should have had her contract an illness or something, but even then it wouldn't be that good. :p

I agree, I love the struggle between the two of them! Smile That was one of my favorite parts of the book Smile I wish Siri would get to be in more SW books(though I'm not sure if they could get her right)
Back to top Go down
May Kenobi66
VIP Member
VIP Member
May Kenobi66

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 pm

A fish.... O.O Wow...

~May
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Taria: Ooo, yum, look at this delicious shell fish! (eats it all then looks at plate) Oh wait, isn't this that poisoned fish I was warned about?

XD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obi-Wan and Siri   Obi-Wan and Siri - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obi-Wan and Siri
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Star Wars :: Expanded Universe-
Jump to: