Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Empty
PostSubject: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:34 am

Alright, peoples.... this is my first fanfic!!! It started as a school assignment, and I got a little carried away. As many know, I'm a complete Hunger Games fangirl!!! I'm hoping to retell the Hunger Games form Effie's pov.

The alarm clock yells at me and roll off my bed, hitting the floor with a hard thud. I sigh and stand up, then walk over to my closet and change into my pink dress. Walking into the bathroom, I flick on the light and stare disapprovingly at my reflection. I never had liked my nose; too big. For that matter, I didn’t like my ears either. The only thing I truly liked on my face was my emerald green eyes.
Sighing, I counted down to the 6th drawer from the top and yanked it open. I run my pink nails slowly over all the foundations and choose my favorite, one labeled “Cream Soda”. It has a paling effect on my face, but that is the newest Capitol trend right now. I squirt the liquid foundation onto my hand and carefully apply it to my face. I stretch my arm across to another drawer and tug on it, revealing an array of colored mascara. I reach for the lime green, but remember that my reaping outfit is pink; so I settle on that color instead. Squinting, I stroke the elongating mascara on my short, blonde lashes. I open yet another drawer and quickly snatch up a hot pink, creamy eyeshadow. I gently rub it on my eyelids, careful to avoid the zit I found last night. Pressing a button on the mirror, a sparkly neon pink lipstick popped out and I gave it a cursory glance, vaguely remembering seeing a promo for it on TV. Thank God, I think, only one last touch, a bit of dark pink blush. I open my new leather bag and pull out a blush brush with a crystal handle. I dab on the rouge and gingerly straighten my fashionable candy pink wig. Still unsatisfied, I ponderously stare at my reflection until the screeching of the train wheels brought me out of my trance. After convincing myself the make-up on my face was better than nothing, I made a mental note to tell the conductor to fix the screeching sound. I rush out of my bathroom, hurriedly pull on my 6 inch heels and run to the train door. Just as the train doors slide open, I smooth out my skirt and lift my chin higher. Stepping out onto the newly paved train station of District 12, I wonder whose names I’ll draw this year.

I know it is pretty short but it had to be for the school project. Reviews? Suggestions? Tell me what you think!!! Well, hoped you liked it.

Last edited by ahsokaandtabby on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

Love it, ahsoka!!! Effie... she's such an... Effie! Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 am

I know right?! I had some pov errors, I did not start in her pov. I'm wondering if if should add a little romance? I think haymitch and Effie would make such a cute couple!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Awesome!!!! That was great! I love Effie!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Alright, new part!!!!
yays!!

I make my way off the train platform and gasp as my shoe sinks into a mixture of mud and coal dust. Rolling my eyes, I quicken my pace as I awesome the Seam and sigh in relief as I reach the town square. I check my wig again and step up onto the stage after smoothing my pink dress and making sure it has no wrinkles. Quickly, I take my seat next to the mayor. A third seat remains open. Where is Haymitch? After minutes full of shuffling feet and nervous glances from the crowd, Haymitch staggers on stage and unceremoniously plops down in his seat with an exasperated grunt. The mayor rises and gives the mandatory speech about how the Capitol rose to power. He finally motions for me to begin and I smile, walk to the middle of the stage and begin in my perky voice: "Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!" I excitedly talk about what an honor it is to be here then realize that most of the kids are becoming more and more restless. Oh, they probably just can’t wait to see whose name gets drawn, I think. I begin talking again, my voice more bubbly than usual; "Ladies first!" I exclaim, then cross over to the girl's awesome ball. I place my hand in the bowl and twirl it around for effect. Everyone falls silent as I pull out a slip of paper and hold it out for all to see. "Primrose Everdeen!", I read off.
A small girl with blonde hair walks out of the roped off age 12 section. She looks awfully frightened and I feel a pang of guilt deep down. A girl starts to franticly call out “Prim, Prim, Prim!”. "I volunteer!" the girl screams. Then, composing herself, she adds, “I volunteer as tribute”. Now it is Prim’s turn to scream, but she is being carried off by a tall boy. I cheerfully ask the volunteer for her name and she, in turn, sullenly responds “Katniss Everdeen”. She takes her place on stage and Haymitch begins to holler. “That girl, she’s got.... spunk! Spunk! More than you! More than you!” I feel sick as he points at the camera, directly insulting the Capitol people. I put my hand to my forehead in frustration and my wig slides out of place. Peacekeepers come and roll Haymitch away on a stretcher when he falls off the stage.
I manage a nervous laugh and say, "What an exciting day!" I subtly attempt to fix my wig. "But more excitement to come! It's time to choose our boy tribute!" I plant one hand on my head and cross to the ball containing the names of the boys. I grab the first slip I encounter, ready to get off stage before my wig slides off. " Our lucky tribute is Peeta Mellark!" A handsome boy with blonde hair and blue eyes walks up and I notice a spark of recognition in the girl's eyes. "And these are the District Twelve tributes!" I announce bouncily. My neck hurts from trying to balance the wig and I feel a wave of relief awesome over me as I step off stage and let it completely slide off, my blonde hair falling down in waves onto my shoulders. Then, from behind me, I hear a sarcastic voice; “Sweetheart......” Ugh, Haymitch didn’t stay knocked out as long as I expected.

Oh, poor Effie!!

Last edited by ahsokaandtabby on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:58 pm

XDD love it so far!! Oh Haymitch...
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
ahsokaandtabby

ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey, sorry about the no updates. I'm busy with school, but I have science off this week, so maybe I can update again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket   Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeing Pink- Effie Trinket
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fan Community :: Fanfiction-
Jump to: